Status: This was supposed to be smutty, but, um, oh well. What can ya' do? *shrugs*

Someday, Beautiful, Someday

You're The Reason The Stars Shine

Frank dropped the towel, round hazel eyes innocently watching Gerard as he raked his eyes over the slightly younger boy; taking in the contours of his body and absentmindedly running his tongue across his bottom lip.
He didn’t have room in his mind to feel like a piece of meat being sized up for consumption - his head was too foggy with the mist of the bathroom, the smell of Gerard’s wet skin and the anticipation of waiting to be touched.

He didn’t know what he was doing, but then, neither did his best friend. This was just something that happened. Something they couldn’t miss. Something they couldn’t avoid.

Gerard allowed himself to tilt his head up ever so slightly to flick his eyes to Frank’s own; he looked beautiful, and Gerard wondered briefly how he’d never noticed it before. But then Frank was standing in the bath, still gazing innocently down at Gerard.

The raven haired boy lifted his hand, holding it out nervously for his Frankie to take - god, that sounded so good, so right in his head, his Frankie - holding his palm up, his heart beating a hundred miles a minute.

Frank smiled sheepishly, flicking his eyes away from Gerard’s because hell, he was so embarrassed right now, and then lightly resting his hand on the palm that lay before him.

Gerard twisted his hand and curled his fingers gently with Frankie’s, hating how he didn’t ever want to let go, hating how cliché he was feeling right now.

The younger male bent until he was sitting, so close to Gerard that he couldn’t tell where warm exhales ended and the steam from the water began.

“Hi,” Gerard whispered, smiling gently, trying to tell himself that he really didn’t want to be sick right now because the nerves were just nearly too much.

“Hi,” Frank spoke just as quietly, returning a somewhat bashful smile, amazed that these were the only words they’d spoken since being in the locker room, late for gym class again.
Frank didn’t want to think about that right now though, so he leant forward, hesitating for a just second or so before pressing his lips to his ebony-haired beauty.

It was so new the both of them, this was land unmarked and previously undiscovered, a beginning of a story neither knew had already begun.
This was scary and thrilling and exciting and nerve-racking all at the same time, and they never wanted it to end.

Pulling away slowly, eyes still closed, Gerard’s lips just wouldn’t stop smiling, not ever for a little bit.
“You’re beautiful, Frankie,” His words were soft, audible to only those who were listening.

Frank blushed and found himself mesmerized at how the water droplets were glittering on Gerard’s ashen skin; he lifted his free hand to Gerard’s damp hair, pushing it behind his ear and letting his fingers rest gently at the nape of his neck.
“I’m nothing compared to you,”

Gerard opened his eyes at Frankie’s words, a pained look swimming in their golden-green abyss - it hurt him to know that his beautiful angel couldn’t see how beautiful he is.
“You’re everything compared to me, Frankie. You’re why the stars shine so bright, and why the sky is blue, and it only rains when you’re upset, because you’re everything. And if not to anyone else, you’re everything to me.” His eyes were pleading for Frank to believe him (hell, he doesn’t just put himself out there for anyone, y’know), Frank finally nodded and tenderly rested their foreheads together.

“I love you, Frankie. And one day, I’m going to marry you” Gerard’s voice was still soft, eyes now closed, mirroring Frank’s.

“And someday, Gerard, I’ll find my voice and stop being so scared about how I feel”