Status: finished.

The Quintessence of Macy Jensen

Brett Marston

Image
The sex I had that night was the best sex I’d ever had. It provoked the utmost emotions I’d ever shared with a person. It caused Macy, a girl who never expressed much emotion, to moan occasionally in pleasure. Sweat mingled against our naked bodies as I touched her skin, which felt like the most intimate thing I’d ever done to a girl; just simply exploring her body with my padded fingertips. Our lips crushed against one another and our tongues commingled like we were sharing secrets. It felt like the world was exploding and all that was left was me, her, and happiness.

But in an hour or so we stood face-to-face in the shed where we just had the most passionate moment of our young life’s. My chapped lips were the first to form words as stars began to litter the obsidian sky. “That was….” “Such an intense feeling that I’ve never felt before.” She finished my sentence as she stared at the ground. Her shoulders began to shake as a breeze wrapped itself around our bodies. “I guess I should get home. Bye Macy.” I turned and was about to leave her when a hand griped itself onto my sleeve. I turned and saw as her eyes dotted with glistening tears. I frowned and brought her into a hug. She wrapped her hands around my waist in response and spoke into my chest.

“Why are you so mean to me in school?” That made my heart drop, that one sentence caught my heart in my throat and I swallowed just to stop the well of tears. The way she said mean; she said it like we were in third grade and I was pulling her pigtails at recess. That’s when I realized just how innocent Macy Jensen was; and just how this world had affected her. “I just don’t want people to know about..us. I don’t want to have to deal with that shit.” I bit my lip as she shook against my chest. “Us, does that mean we are kind of…seeing each other?” She looked up with a hint of a smile toying with her lips. I smiled in the light of hers and nodded. “But secretly; for now.”

Image


By the next morning my abdomen was burning, possibly with the effort of looming over Macy Jensen. I did the usual routine - shower, get dressed, brush teeth/etc, then eat breakfast-which today consisted of messy eggs and cold stares. I rolled my eyes at my mother who, no less than ten hours ago, had chewed me out about not being there to put Amelia to bed, and of course she was equally pissed that she was the one who had to do it. I had shrugged then like I did now and finished my meal in silence. I slung on my back pack and jogged over to the car I had gotten for my seventeenth birthday.

It took me only a few minutes to get to the school; and even less to throw my books away in my locker I’ve had since freshman year. I soon joined the usual crowd that condensed near the back lockers. Brian and Kevin welcomed me quickly before training back into the conversation at hand. “So Brett, how’s that kid of yours?” The question was asked by an unknown voice but I shrugged and answered the question-since it wasn’t an unknown blemish in my life. “She’s fine.”

“Hey Brett, where were you last night? Your mom called me and bitched me out, asking if you were with me.” I rolled my eyes as if I wasn’t surprised-or nervous. Nobody could find out about me and Macy, that would lead to the demise of my social life.

“I decided to stroll around tow-get out for awhile. Sorry about my mom though man.” I placed a hand on Kevin’s shoulder when he nodded and said it was no big deal. I sighed once everyone was preoccupied by conversation. Nobody could find out; not even my best friends.
♠ ♠ ♠
sort of short, but I thought it was better than nothing. (:

NO SILENT READERS.