Status: finished.

The Quintessence of Macy Jensen

Macy Jensen- Brett Marston

Image
I mashed my head into my cool pillow once again. The show blasting from my TV was a mere murmur compared to my pounding thoughts. I kissed Brett Marston. Stupid girl. That’s all that kept repeating in my head and imprinting itself in my memory. And my brain was right; I was stupid. I was stupid for letting myself loose control for just a night, I was stupid for letting a boy grab me and kiss me, and I was stupid that I let Brett Marston, the biggest player in the school, kiss me, and let me get my hopes up. Stupid girl. I let out a stale breath as I stood from my unmade bed.

I tossed my hair into a messy bun and threw my door open, squinting into the bright aesthetic hall light. I let my feet guide me down the glossy steps and into the kitchen where my mother was nowhere to be seen. I let my exposed shoulders fall limp as I pulled a stool out from under the island. I sat down with a thud and folded my arms on the tabletop, then proceeded to let me head fall atop them as well. I was tired as heck because I hadn’t been able to sleep due to my constant tossing and thinking-of-Brett. But I didn’t want to be thinking of him, that was for sure. I was willing to think of anything else besides him; the dogged football player and woman player as well. He was the scum on my fur boot and I shouldn’t waste a second of my time-or my brain cells- thinking about that night we shared spit. It made my gag just thinking about it.

Image


By the time the clock read four p.m. and my mother was already making dinner, the house phone rang out and I paused my netflix movie marathon to run down the stair and answer it with a dry hello. I didn’t like getting interrupted in the middle of a good movie. Before I got a chance to take a breath the person on the other line was speaking.

“Hello I was looking for Macy Jensen? Is she there by any chance?” I cringed at this unknown voice but sighed and told them that I, in fact, was Macy Jensen.

“Oh well hi. This is a person from school and I was wondering if you’d like to come to a party? Tonight at six, at the hole in the wall; A.K.A my house. Apartment 4b, the Éclair apartment building on Brady street.” I was uneasy about this invite, because let’s be honest, I’m not one known for party antics. Sure, the party yesterday got a little heated- but I swore it was only a one time thing and I would never let myself have fun again.

“Who’s this again?” I asked, not remembering if they said their name, or if I even asked. “Not important, trust me. I’ll see you there Macy Jensen.” Then I was left with the static as company and I placed the phone back in it’s cradle. I turned on my bare heels to head for my room, but just what I was trying to avoid happened and my mother asked me who was on the phone. “Nobody mom!” I called as I retreated up the steps and ran into my personal security blanket.

Image


Image
I was an asshole. Actually we all were, me and the few friends that hung around Kevin as he snickered into his hand and ended the phone call. We, as we huddled around the TV and shoved opulent amounts of pizza bits into our mouths, had hatched a cruel-but comical- prank to play on none other than Macy Jensen. It was a wicked idea that I let Kevin convince me of. He said it was some twisted way of payback, or as he put it “the bitch deserves it.” And so me, being the dull-headed football jock, had agreed with a laugh and watched as Kevin called up Macy Jensen.

“Do you think she’ll actually go?” One friend who was sitting on the couch- Brian- asked after we all stopped laughing and started a game of Modern Warfare. I grimaced and thought about what was asked; would she actually go? Was Macy Jensen, the girl who studied her life away, going to be stupid and fall right into our laps? “I don’t know.” Kevin laughed as he killed an xbox enemy. “I hope she will, this’ll be good.”

“Mean but funny as fuck.” Brian snatched the remote from my grasp and began playing, letting his fingers tap on the controller as his eyes glued to the TV.

Image


“It’s five guys, I think you know what that means.” Kevin rubbed his hands together as a way to look sinister; but which failed miserably and he ended up looking like a crazy. “Why do we need to leave so early?” Brian whined, like he did often, but grabbed our bags anyway. ‘We have to set up dip shit. Let’s get a move on.” By this time it was only me, Kevin and Brian lingering in my house. We began grabbing the duffels that once held our football gear but now held props to scare the daylights out of a innocent teenage girl.

We walked down the front porch as I silently locked the door to make sure neither my mother nor father would awaken. We piled into Kevin’s Cadillac his father had bought him before he left his mom. The bags were tossed in the trunk and I sat in the back with Brian, while Kevin took the wheel. He had a way of never letting anyone drive his “baby”.

As we began to speed down the desolate roads and dusk sprinkled the ground I let my head fall back and my mind wander. I knew that this wasn’t a good idea; somewhere in the pit of my stomach I felt a pang of guilt for doing this. Sure, it would be funny as hell and Macy’s the perfect girl to mess with, but at the same time I felt like Macy didn’t deserve this, like she’s just a simple girl trying to make it in life. I shook the thought away quickly as I grinned at Brian, who was looking my way.

There was no way I cared about Macy Jensen or her freaking feelings.
♠ ♠ ♠
yes, this is from both Macy's and Brett's point of view. I know I know, different. I have 55 subscribers guys,fveufy. I adore you all. (:

no silent readers!