Status: Slow

A Club Called Heaven

We All Fall

Image
I fought the need to break down and instead, tried my best to keep my voice stable.

“911, what’s your emergency?” said the female voice on the other side of the line. How could she be so cheery? So fucking cheery? She answers to murder reports on a daily basis, for god’s sake.

“My-my girlfriend,” the sobs slipped through my mouth and I stuttered.

“Sir?”

I took another deep breath and allowed myself a glance at her.

She looked so peaceful, so beautiful, so happy. I wish I could join her, but I’d never sleep beside her again. I’d never feel her touch, I’d never hear her laugh, I’d never see her heavenly smile.

I brushed her recently chopped hair away from her perfect face. The face I’d fallen in love with.

The face befallen by freckles she never tried to cover up, the face that bore the biggest, most beautiful pair of blue eyes I'd ever seen. Eyes that had seen too much and knew even more. The face I knew held more behind it. She felt cold, I wanted to warm her up – snuggle like we used to mere hours ago. I sighed.

“Sir, what’s happened to your girlfr-“

I cut her off, “She’s dead.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Short, but that's how it is. I would love comments, so you know...