Status: on hiatus.

Mirrors

dieci

It was a little chilly at night to be going out without a light jacket, so I was a little cold walking across campus to Twitch's dorm. I burst through the unlocked door, and then stormed past Twitch's housemates, all of whom had stopped dead in what they were doing to stare at me storming past. I knew they were all staring at me, so I threw my middle finger up behind me as I walked past the kitchenette and rammed my fist against the door of Twitch's bedroom.

The door opened after a minute of furious knocking. "Calm the fuck - oh, Arabella, I thought we were meeting for dinner," Twitch said, smiling at me.

I wasted no time in getting what I wanted to know out of him. "Was there a dark-skinned guy here a few minutes ago?"

"Yeah."

"Was he looking for me?"

"Yeah."

I slapped Twitch on the forehead. "What the fuck?!"

"Ow! What the fuck was that for?" Twitch whined.

"You fucking idiot, that was my ex-boyfriend!" I yelled. There was no recognition on Twitch's face. "The one that stalks me?" His face remained blank. I lowered my voice a bit, because I didn't really want Twitch's housemates to hear this tidbit, and leaned in toward Twitch slightly. "The one I confided in you about that day in my dorm when you asked me to be your girlfriend?" I hissed.

Twitch's eyes widened in recognition. "Oh...shit. I'm sorry, I-"

"Didn't know, yeah, yeah," I said, my voice rising back to a normal level.

"Belle, I-" Twitch began, his face full of concern.

I held up a hand. "Can it, Twitch," I said shortly. "I know what you're going to say, and I don't want to hear any of it. Just...leave me alone, okay? I'll talk to you when I want to."

Twitch's face fell and he actually hung his head, but my anger did not ebb. I knew he was going to say something, so I waited for him to do so, albeit a bit impatiently; I remembered I had left my bedroom door open, let alone unlocked, when I stormed out past Tane, and I had a miniature heart attack, but didn't let it show on my face. "So what does that mean for us?" he asked quietly.

I sighed, my anger ebbing away slightly. "I don't know, just...leave me alone, okay?" I repeated, much more solemn than the first time I had asked him.

"Yeah, okay," Twitch said reluctantly.

I didn't say anything further, or even wave; I just turned around and left Twitch's dorm with his housemates still staring at me.

It was even colder outside than when I had stormed over here, and since I wasn't in a blind rage, I felt the cold much deeper and much quicker. I walked about six feet away from Twitch's door before I was absolutely frozen and was convinced I could walk no further. I sighed, annoyed with myself for not even thinking to bring a jacket, and then sighed again, even more annoyed with myself that I yelled at Twitch for something that wasn't even really his fault. His intentions are always good for me, and I know that he never means to hurt me. I groaned at my lack of control of emotion, and then shivered, which started me back to Twitch's dorm.

I think none of Twitch's housemates had taken their eyes off the front door, like they knew I was going to come back, because they were all staring at me as I reentered the small living room. I stared back at them all for a moment, shivered again, and then made my way back to Twitch's room. I knocked on his door much softer, and he opened it immediately, like he had been standing by it and waiting for me to come back.

"Arabella, you're freezing! Come inside," he said, ushering me in, but instead I just walked into his chest because he was the nearest warm thing to me. He just chuckled and pulled me into his room with him, closing the door behind him. We sat down on his bed, and I looked around.

"Hey, didn't you have a roommate?" I asked.

"He dropped out of school, so I get the room to myself now. I pushed the beds together, and I'm using the extra desk as hidden storage," Twitch explained, looking proud of himself.

I giggled and kissed his cheek. "Aren't you handy?" I remarked. After a moment of silence, I turned to Twitch and said solemnly, "I'm sorry for banging on your door and yelling at you in front of all your housemates. You didn't know who he was and it didn't cross your mind to ask why he was looking for me."

He grinned and kissed me passionately. "It's okay, love, I understand you're mad. And I'm sorry I didn't ask why he was looking for you."

I smiled back at him. "You're such a sweetheart."

"Thanks, baby doll. You ready to go to dinner?" he asked.

"Can we just stay here tonight? I'm perfectly okay with microwave noodles, too," I said.

Twitch chuckled and kissed my forehead. "Of course we can. I think I have just enough left for the both of us. Wanna download a movie too?"

I nodded emphatically. "Something cute I can randomly turn away from and kiss you," I said.

He smiled. "I know just the movie." He jumped off the bed, but not before kissing me again. He dove under his bed and pulled out two packs of microwave noodles. "Which one?" he asked.

I looked them both over for a moment. "That one," I said, pointing to the left one.

"Good choice," Twitch said, standing up and pecking my cheek. "I'll be back in a few minutes. You make yourself comfortable, okay?" I nodded and Twitch walked out into the kitchenette.

I laid back on Twitch's beds and smiled at the ceiling. I could really get used to Billie's changing personalities, and I was actually perfectly okay with showing him this other, much softer and cuter side of me.
♠ ♠ ♠
more character development! how about this new side of Arabella?