Liam Sabbers, Professional Boyfriend

The Birth of a Business.

“I wrote you a letter everyday of the year.”

Liam Sabbers scrunched his face up in disdain as his best friend, Sunny, repeated the line overdramatically.

“You know, I came here to watch The Notebook, not you badly reenacting The Notebook,” he said with a playful smirk.

“Shut up and watch the movie, loser,” Sunny said, giving Liam a playful shoulder punch.

Liam shoved a handful of popcorn into his mouth before settling down into his usual position, his head resting on Sunny’s lap. About twenty minutes of silent movie watching later Sunny’s shrill cell phone ringtone broke the silence. Sunny threw Liam’s head off of her lap before walking over to her room to take the call. Liam rolled over onto his stomach and readjusted his askew glasses. A loud scream from Sunny’s room several minutes later sent Liam flying off the couch in surprise.

Sunny stomped back into the living room to find Liam in a tangle of limbs on the floor. She disregarded her best friend’s distressed state and sat down on the couch, crossing her arms and pouting. Liam managed to pull himself into a sitting position across from Sunny and propped his head on top of her kneecap.

“What’s the matter? Did Hollywood decide to remake the Harry Potter movies with Kirsten Stewart and Taylor Lautner as Hermione and Ron?” he said with a wink.

Sunny rolled her eyes, clearly not in the mood to be made fun of.

“Jonah just canceled on going to junior prom with me,” she said in reference to her on-again off-again boyfriend, Jonah.

“Again? He’s already canceled on you twice before though.”

“I know! I’m serious, the next time he tries to pull this whole ‘I can’t go because my family doesn’t approve of our relationship’ bull crap, I’m breaking up with him.” Sunny scowled and tossed her poor, abused Blackberry across the room.

“Well, do you want me to go with you to junior prom?” Liam asked nonchalantly.

“W-well, if you don’t mind. I mean, we’ve been to pretty much every dance together, don’t you want to bring a different date?” Sunny asked, struggling to hide her light blush.

“Nah, its fine. Besides, you’re my best friend, I’ll probably have more fun with you then I would with some stupid date anyway.” Liam shrugged; he had too much pride to admit to Sunny that he was hoping she would ask him to go to junior prom with him so he could avoid the pressure of asking another girl to go with him.

Sunny smiled and took Liam’s hand in hers.

“Why can’t there be other guys like you in the world? Like, if a girl ever needs a date to something, or just someone to hang out with, they could call him up and he’d come over, no questions asked.”

“I’m pretty sure that’s what a booty call is for,” Liam said, giggling childishly.

Sunny wacked Liam over the head, knocking his glasses askew once again before shouting, “You know that’s not what I meant!”

She waited for Liam to readjust his glasses before continuing.

“I mean like…something like what Emma Stone did in Easy A, except it would be a guy…and girls would be paying him to go out with them,” Sunny said dreamily.

“But in the movie she didn’t actually do anything with those guys, she just said she did,” he replied matter-of-factly.

“Yes, yes, I know that! But, this guy would be different, he’d be a…a professional boyfriend!”

“That’s ridicu-….” Liam trailed off.

“Uh, hello, Earth to Liam!” Sunny waved her hand in front of Liam’s face, but was met without a reaction.

Suddenly, Liam’s emerald green eyes lit up, sparkling with the hot fire that Sunny knew all too well.

“Oh God, Liam, no. No, you are not actually taking this seriously are you?”

But it was too late, the idea was already in Liam’s mind, and when Liam Sabbers has an idea, he will make it happen, no matter what. Sunny rolled her eyes. Sometimes she wondered why she was still friends with Liam.
♠ ♠ ♠
And here is the prologue/introduction of sorts! I'm planning on making this my NaNo story, the actual first chapter of the story won't be posted until November first (My birthday!). This was just a bit of a test run for me, to kinda set me up for the rest of the story, and to give everyone a bit of a preview of what is to come in the actual story. Hopefully you all enjoyed this little preview/intro! If anyone wants to ask Liam or Sunny questions, feel free to ask on their Tumblr. Also, thank you to anyone who has commented or subscribed already, you are all amazing <3

(: