Liam Sabbers, Professional Boyfriend

Being a ***.

“Thank you for booking with Liam Sabbers for your social event!” Sunny said cheerily into the phone she and Liam shared for their business.

“Ugh, don’t say that, you make it sound like these girls are booking an airline flight, not a date,” Liam said with a grimace.

He and Sunny’s business of ‘pimping out’ Liam as a ‘professional boyfriend’ had been active for four months so far, yet there were still several things they couldn’t agree on, one of them being telephone dialogue. All appointments were made by phone, yet Sunny thought it would be funny to trick the poor girls that called that they had really called a phone sex hotline. Fortunately, Liam had put a stop to Sunny’s antics two weeks into their business.

Sunny tossed Liam a notepad filled with doodles and illegible scrawl, which he assumed were supposed to be his scheduled dates for the week. Liam pushed his glasses up from the bridge of his nose and attempted to decode Sunny’s hieroglyphic handwriting.

“I won’t be able to tell when any of my appointments are if I can’t understand your handwriting.” He tossed the notepad onto the coffee table beside Sunny.

“You really need to stop complaining. With the salary you’re paying me, you should be glad that I’m even still working for you!” Sunny complained.

“You’re getting 40% of all of the money I make, that’s more than my sister makes at McDonalds!”

Right on cue, Liam’s older sister, Amelia, decided to make her presence known.

“I will have you know that I make more money at my job then you do in your pathetic prostituting business,” Amelia said bitterly.

In truth, Amelia was upset that Liam had chosen Sunny to be his business partner over her, his own flesh and blood sister. Not to mention, no matter how hard she tried to deny it, it was true that both Liam and Sunny made more money with their business then she did at her afterschool job at a local McDonalds.

“Shut up Amelia, go back to your Calculus homework,” Liam retorted, sticking his tongue out childishly at his sister.

Sunny scrunched up her nose in thought as her eyes roamed from Liam to Amelia, taking note of the subtle similarities between the two. Liam and Amelia had a decent relationship, as far as siblings go, but would scream to the high heavens if anyone even dare suggested that they look alike in the slightest. However, their similarities were uncanny. Both brother and sister had a strange shade of sandy colored hair, paired with vibrant blue eyes that often turned a dull grey color on rainy days. Liam proudly wore glasses, while Amelia opted to wear violet colored contacts. The two both had slender builds, thin and tall, and had armies of freckles dancing along their cheeks. Sunny bit her lip, and resisted the urge to point out once again that the two were extraordinarily alike.

“You know Liam, you really ought to be paying me just for keeping this little business of yours a secret from mom and dad,” Amelia said slyly, tossing her unloved AP Calculus book into her backpack.

“No, I don’t think I should, because as a good older sister, it is your job to keep me out of trouble, which includes getting in trouble with mom and dad.” Liam gave his sister a cheesy know-it-all grin.

“Oh really? So prostituting yourself out to lonely girls who can’t get dates is something that won’t get you in trouble?”

“I’m not prostituting myself! I’ve told you a million times, I only go out on dates!”

“But you make out with them sometimes! Don’t think I forgot about the time I caught you making out with one of your ‘clients’ behind the café at school!”

“Hey, she paid extra for that,” Sunny responded with a smirk.

Amelia sighed and began to collect her bag and textbooks, refusing to admit defeat.

“Fine then, have fun with your prostituting business. Whore,” she muttered under her breath before stomping to her room down the hall.

Liam pouted and leaned back against his chair, crossing his arms across his chest and allowing his glasses to fall to the end of his nose.

“I am not a whore!” he spat childishly, half in an attempt to lighten the mood, and half in anger against his sister.

“Oh no, you’re definitely not a whore,” Sunny replied in sarcastic encouragement.

Liam mimicked Sunny’s response, and the two shared a laugh, and a knowing wink.
♠ ♠ ♠
Readers, I need your help! I've been asking my friends how much they think Liam should charge per hour for his dates. I originally said it would be $15, but a lot of my female friends are saying that's not enough to charge, while my guy friends are saying it's too much. So, anyone want to give their opinion on how much he should charge.

Thank you for reading! And a special thank you to every single person that has read and commented so far!(: