Liam Sabbers, Professional Boyfriend

Of Ties and Corsages.

Liam stood before the full length mirror in his sister’s room, nervously examining himself. He undid his tie for the fifth time that night and quickly retied it, sighing in discontent as it still did not turn out how he imagined. He pushed his sandy bangs away from his face and blinked several times. Sunny had managed to convince him to abandon his glasses for the night and switch to blue color contacts, even though he found them mindblowing-ly annoying.

“You’ve spent more time looking at yourself in the mirror tonight than I’ve spent looking at myself this past month.”

Liam turned to Amelia who was lying on her bed, reading a month old Seventeen magazine.

“I can’t help it, tonight’s special,” he said while readjusting his tie yet again.

“Relax, you’ve gone out with Sunny loads of time, what makes tonight so special?”

“B-because I-I… you know,” he mumbled sheepishly, struggling to hide his blush.

“Oh right, you’re going to try and swoon lonely girls to buy into your stupid man whore business,” Amelia said with a roll of her eyes.

“I told you, it’s not a man whoring business! It’s a professional boyfriend business.

“Whatever, it’s still a stupid idea.”

“Aw, come on Amelia. You always complain that I never get dressed up, now’s your chance to dress me up to your standards,” Liam pleaded, leaning against the side of Amelia’s bed.

Amelia scoffed, tossed her magazine to the end of her bed and rolled over onto her stomach, narrowing her eyes at Liam.

“I’m only doing this because you’re my brother and I’m obligated to care for and love you…sometimes. Sit down.”

With a triumphant smile Liam sat down beside his sister and allowed her to dab bits of makeup over his blemishes and ruffle his hair.

“Contacts suit you, y’know. Why don’t you wear them more often? I have plenty I’ve never used if you want some,” Amelia said while dabbing blobs of cover-up over Liam’s left cheek.

“They’re so annoying. How can you stand having to blink ever fifth of a second?” Liam lifted his hand to rub his eye, but it was quickly slapped away by Amelia.

“Stop being such a baby. You’ll get used to it. Well, I’ve done all I can do.”

Amelia handed Liam a small mirror so he could admire her work. Liam hated to admit it, but his sister did a very good job at cleaning him up. Amelia had always been very good at makeovers and putting together outfits. Since she was eight years old Amelia spent most of her time reading beauty and fashion magazines, searching for tips on makeovers and guides to wearing the latest fashion trends.

“Liam, Sunny’s here!” called his mother from downstairs.

“Well, get out now, I’ve done all I can do,” Amelia teased, dragging Liam to his feet and pushing him to the door.

Liam sucked in a deep breath for confidence before walking downstairs to the living room. Sunny sat on the couch in the living room, wearing a lilac dress that complimented her freshly dyed turquoise and blonde hair strangely well. Liam smiled at his best friend and handed her the corsage he bought her that matched her dress and his shirt.

“You look nice,” he said as he assisted Sunny in slipping on the corsage.

“You don’t look half bad yourself, hot stuff. I see you’re ready to snatch up some lonely girls,” Sunny whispered in Liam’s ear while his mother snapped photos of her pinning Liam’s matching corsage to his shirt.

“I’m as ready as I’ll ever be,” he whispered in return.

“Good. Let’s rock this bitch,” Sunny whispered with a giggle before the two broke apart to pose for the typical prom photos.
♠ ♠ ♠
I forgot to mention in the last chapter's author's note that this chapter would take place in the past. I kinda want this story to alternate, showing what the characters are doing in the present, and flashback chapters to how their business began. So, the chapters in italics, are chapters that take place in the past.