Liam Sabbers, Professional Boyfriend

An Olivia Ecstasy.

Liam’s eyes began to water as he refused to blink as he watched the clock on the wall with anticipation. Only ten more seconds, he thought to himself as he watched the second hand tick by painfully slowly.

“Mr. Sabbers, can you please repeat what I just said?” asked Liam’s history teacher, Ms. Tolentino.

Liam’s cheeks flushed pink as he turned to his teacher, not a clue about what she had said earlier.

“Um, I-I, uh, you were saying that… Thomas Jefferson was responsible for-.”

Liam’s mumbling was cut off by the liberating sound of the bell, signaling the end of class. He breathed a sigh of relief and began to throw his books into his bag.

“Please try to pay more attention next time, Liam,” Ms. Tolentino scolded, disappoint clearly evident on her face.

Liam didn’t even bother to reply to his disappointed teacher. He just threw his messenger bag over his shoulder and rushed out of the classroom. To his surprise, Sunny was waiting outside of his classroom, ready to escort him to lunch.

“Heard Ms. Tolentino got you with the ‘What did I just say’ tactic. Brutal,” she said, struggling to hide her smirk.

“You know about that? It just happened less than a minute ago.”

“Word travels fast,” she said with a laugh.

Liam sighed and walked alongside Sunny to the cafeteria.

“Hey did you get my text?” Sunny asked while scrolling through her Blackberry.

“No, you know I don’t check my text messages in class,” Liam replied with a frown.

“Fine Mr. Goody Two Shoes. Well, check your phone now.”

Liam pulled his cell phone from his bag and opened the text from Sunny.

'I got you a VERY interesting date for this Saturday (;'

“So who is this interesting date?” he asked, tucking his phone back into his pocket.

Sunny giggled before holding up her phone, revealing a photo of a cute brunette girl Liam knew all too well.

“Olivia Wolfe,” she said with a proud smile.

Liam stopped dead in his tracks as his jaw fell.

“O-Olivia Wolfe?! But she’s been dating Harry Dawson for the past three years, how is that possible?!”

Sunny rolled her eyes before turning back to her Blackberry.

“You really need to go on Facebook more often. Apparently they decided ‘mutually’ to see other people. That’s total bullshit though, since ever since they broke up they’ve been posting depressing hipster statuses nonstop.”

“Well…if Olivia is upset over her breakup with Harry, why would she want to hire me for a date on Saturday?” Liam asked, completely clueless.

Sunny rolled her eyes, “Are you really that stupid? Obviously she’s going to go on a date with you to make Harry jealous and want to take her back!”

The two arrived at the cafeteria and Liam sat down at he and Sunny’s usual lunch table, his face scrunched up in thought.

“Olivia doesn’t seem like the kind of girl who would do that.”

“Love changes people.” Sunny shrugged before nodding her head towards a group two tables away from them.

In the center of a giggling, love struck group of girls sat Harry Dawson, chatting animatedly with the prettiest girl in the bunch. Liam struggled to hide his shock at the sight before him. Before Harry began dating Olivia he was a nobody. He’d always been a bit geeky, and often kept to himself. Olivia, who’d always been wildly popular for as long as everyone can remember, skyrocketed Harry to popularity the minute they started dating. Thus, the sight of Harry surrounded by girls, none of which are Olivia, was a very strange sight indeed.

“Speak of the devil, here she comes,” Sunny said while taking a huge bite of her egg salad sandwich.

Liam turned to see Olivia Wolfe smiling from ear to ear, holding a tray of food. Truth be told, Liam had always had a small crush on Olivia since he’d first met her during seventh grade, his first American school year after moving from his hometown of Bristol, England. Olivia’s warm smile, cute dimples and chocolate brown hair not only made her a pretty face, but also added to the warmth and kindness of her personality. Olivia was the kind of girl that other girls wanted to hate so badly for being so beautiful, but was so nice that it was simply impossible to hate her. Even Sunny, who hated over fifty percent of the female population in their small town, admitted to not being able to hate Olivia.

“Hey Liam,” Olivia said with a giggle, taking a seat beside him.

Liam swallowed hard before reply with a weak ‘hey’.

“So…are you ok with our date this Saturday? I mean…if you’re not comfortable with it, that’s ok, I understand, I’ll ju-.”

“No, no, I’m totally fine with it,” Liam quickly interrupted, a blush quickly creeping up his cheeks.

“O-oh, great!”

Olivia opened her mouth to continue speaking, but instead caught sight of Harry twirling a pretty blonde girl’s hair over at his table. Olivia’s frowned in what could have been either sadness, or anger. She turned back to Sunny and Olivia with a brand new smile, not a single trace of anger at what she had just witnessed was evident on her face.

“Well, I’ll see you on Saturday then, Liam,” she said cheerily, leaning over and giving Liam a light peck on the cheek.

With that, Olivia gathered up her tray and skipped off to sit with her close friends on the other side of the cafeteria. Liam sat motionless in his seat, shell shocked by Olivia’s gesture.

Sunny shook as she struggled to contain her laugh.

“Pick your tongue up off the floor Liam, you’re drooling all over my food,” she taunted before erupting into full out laughter.

Sunny’s taunts and laughter did not faze Liam at all, as he sat in his seat, enveloped by pure Olivia induced ecstasy. Saturday couldn’t come fast enough, he thought to himself.