Liam Sabbers, Professional Boyfriend

You're a Government Hooker.

Liam starred at his disheveled reflection in the boy's bathroom mirror. He'd only made through a half hour of junior before escaping to the bathroom to remove his irritating contacts. He straightened his askew glasses, pushed back his hair, and walked out of the bathroom. He didn't care if Sunny yelled at him for putting on his glasses, he wanted to be comfortable at his junior prom. Liam had barely taken five steps out of the bathroom when he was suddenly swarmed by a group of girls, all shouting questions at him at the same time.

"Is your British accent really British?"

"Is it true that you and Alison Levine made out behind the bleachers at the football game last week?"

"Is that your natural hair color?"

"Are you a virgin?"

"Whoa, whoa, who are you guys and why're all you asking me questions?!" Liam shouted, backing away from the crowd of girls.

Liam managed to make his way to a wall opposite the girls, but they quickly swarmed around him once again and he found himself surrounded against the wall.

"Sunny Rodrigues told us that you're starting up a professional boyfriend business, and that if we were interested in buying your….services, we could ask you all the questions we want, to get to know you better," said a blonde girl in a hot pink dress that matched her hot pink braces.

Liam groaned and began to stomp over to Sunny, who was chatting it up with another large group of giddy girls. He grabbed her arm and turned her around to face him.

"Hey, you took out your contacts!" Sunny protested.

"Sunny, why have you been telling all these girls about the business?!"

Sunny rolled her eyes and turned to the group of girls beside her, whispering to them to give her a moment of privacy with her 'business partner'. The girls' giddy expressions quickly turned sour, as they began to walk away from the two. One unusually tall girl whispered to the girl beside her, "I bet that bitch gets his services for free."

"Liam, how do you expect us to start a business if we don't spread the word about it around?" Sunny said sternly.

"Well, I imagined we'd start off small, maybe just starting out with one girl and then we'd ask her to recommend me to her friends, and we'd build up from there…"

"We'll get nowhere like that. We need to people to know you're willing to date them for money, and we need a lot of people to know."

"Yeesh, when you say it like that you make me sound like a prostitute."

"In a way you are, but y'know, you're classier. Like a government hooker, as my dad would say."

Liam scoffed and walked away from Sunny. He really wasn't in the mood to fight with his best friend on the night of his junior prom. In reality, Liam knew Sunny was right, if they wanted their business to succeed, they needed to get the word out fast. Just the concept of the business was hard enough to handle, but if they wanted to succeed even mildly, they were going to need people to get interested in what they were pitching. He just hadn't intended for everything to go by so quickly. Sure, he was the one who wanted to bring Sunny's joke of a business to life as a means of making easy money, but he later found that he wasn't quite sure he was up for the position of being a 'professional boyfriend'. Liam had been on his fair share of dates in his short sixteen years on Earth, but even still, going on a date at a professional level was terrifying to him.

Liam's train of thought was abruptly broken when a perky brunette stopped him in his tracks. He looked up from the floor and found himself standing before the ravishing Olivia Wolfe. The silver sequins that adorned her black and white dress twinkled beautifully in the dim light of the school auditorium and her soft toned makeup was painted to perfection.

"O-oh, sorry Olivia, did I bump into you?" Liam asked, finding himself at a loss for any other words.

"No, no, it's fine. I just heard from Jada Harrington that you're starting up a 'professional boyfriend' business. What's that all about?" she said with a light, airy laugh.

"O-o-oh, it's um…well um…i-its basically a business where I g-go on dates with girls….for an hourly fee," he murmured, suddenly embarrassed to be taking part in such a business.

To his great surprise, and relief, Olivia laughed and patted his arm, and didn't slap him in the face for being involved in such a sordid business, like he thought she would.

"Well, that certainly is an interesting idea. Much more interesting than working at the Pretzel Paradise in the mall," she said with a smile.

"Thanks…it's not really an official business yet, it's more of just an idea for now."

"Well, it sure seems you have a lot of possible patrons interested in this idea of yours," Olivia said, glancing towards the group of girls that had gathered around Sunny once again, who was undoubtedly singing high praises about Liam's dating skills.

"Anyway, it was nice talking to you. And good luck with your business! Who knows, maybe I'll have to check it out sometime," Olivia said with a cheery wink and parting smile before walking back to her boyfriend Harry on the other side of the dance floor.

Liam smiled as he felt heat rise up in his cheeks as a blush began to form. Maybe this business wasn't going to be a total flop after all.
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay, so I'm so, so, so sorry for taking so long to update this! From now on, I'll be updating on a regular schedule (:

Anyway, in case some of my readers forgot from what I mentioned in one of the previous chapters, the chapters that are in italics take place in the past. The past and present chapters will keep alternating, so the next chapter will be in the present, and the one after that will be in the past, and so on and so forth. Hope you all enjoyed this chapter and thanks for reading! (: