Don't Give Up On Us

Is It Getting Serious?

"Jordan, this is Kennedy and Garrett. Kenny, Gare, this is Jordan."

"Damn, your eyes are bluer than mine." Garrett said.

Jordan laughed "Thanks?"

"Nice to meet you, Jordan. I think Val informed you of us. We're basically her father-brothers but not in a creepy hillbilly kind of way." Kennedy said.

Jordan chuckled "Yeah, nice to meet you guys."

"Whoa, dude, your hair looks good too !" Garrett exclaimed.

I rolled my eyes.

Jordan shifted uncomfortably "Thank you."

"Okay I think that's enough of that. Come on Jordan." I said guiding him to my room and throwing Garrett and Kennedy a look.

I closed the door behind me. "Sorry about that. They have their weird, retarded moments." I explained.

He laughed "It's alright."

I sat on my bed and gestured him to the space next to me. He sat next to me and smiled.

"Wow your eyes are bluer than Garrett's." I said almost a whisper.

He lightly chuckled "Are they?" He crossed his eyes.

I began to laugh. We were close enough to feel each others body heat. I smiled shyly. My phone started to ring.

I groaned "I'm sorry." I looked to see John's name on my screen. "What." I answered with irritation.

"Val, I need to talk to you."

* * *

"So. I heard Joel met Ken and Garrett." John said throwing a rock in the lake.

"His name's Jordan. And yeah he did. Is that why you made me come to the lake for? To state the obvious? I thought this was urgent."

John turned to me "...Is it getting serious?"

"I don't think so. Kennedy and Garrett were just bugging me for days saying that they wanted to meet him so I finally gave in."

"But you like him."

I nodded.

He sighed "I see you quickly got over me." He pouted.

I laughed nervously. "I was never into you to get over." I lied.

"Why am I having a hard time believing you, Valarie?"

"B-Because you have a big ego. Get over yourself, John." I stammered

He laughed "No I don't!"

"Mkay, sure. Is there anything else?"

John hesitated. He opened his mouth to speak but nothing came out.

I raised an eyebrow "Well?"

"Nope. Nothing else." John replied, putting his hands in his pockets.

"Okay then this was pretty pointless. I still love you though, even if you don't."

"I will always love you. You know that." He smiled and gave me a hug so tight it almost hurt. But I didn't complain.

* * *

I poured myself cereal and milk and sat myself down on the couch. I turned on the TV when my phone vibrated. Before I could look, the doorbell rang.

"Ugh." I groaned and put down my bowl. "John? What are you doing here?"

"I wanted to talk to the guys about some ideas I had."

"They're still sleeping," I looked at the time "Oh yeah they're definitely still sleeping. It's still early."

He looked down "Oh. So I'll just come later then."

"You don't have to go. Come in. I'm about to watch Aladdin." I said flashing him a smile.

"Oh god. Really, Val?"

"Shh! Just come in!" I pulled him in and sat on the couch. "Can you put the tape in? It's on the table." I picked up my bowl of cereal and got comfortable.

He sighed "Let's get this shit over with." He mumbled.

I moved over to make room for John, dropping my phone. I picked up my phone from the floor. "Aww, Jordan." I said to myself.

"What?"

"I was talking to myself. Jordan texted me."

Hey <3

The text said.

I smiled.

John groaned. "What did he say?"

"Hey."

"Hey? Just hey."

"With a heart." I added, smiling at my phone.

"What's so great about him." He said mostly to himself.

"He's nice, sweet and funny and I'll be more than glad to hang out with him again and again and again..." I trailed off while I replied to Jordan.

The doorbell rang "It's open!" I called out.

John rolled his eyes. "I don't think I like him."

"You haven't even met him!"

Melissa walked in the living room.

"Maybe I should." John responded, without giving Melissa a slight glance.

"What's going on here?" Melissa asked.

"Val met a guy."

Melissa's eyes lit up "Oh my god!" she put her hands together "We should go on a double date!"

I felt suddenly nervous. "What?"

John smirked. "We should go on a double date," he repeated "Melissa and I and you and Jordan Witzi-Whatever."

"Witzigreuter." I corrected

"Right. So is it on?"

I sighed "Fine. But promise me that you'll be nice!"

"Sure sure."
♠ ♠ ♠
A big thanks to those who actually subscribed to my story, I didn't know you guys liked it so much to do that ! I'm glad you all are diggin it <3