Don't Give Up On Us

Do You Love Me?

John looked at the water. I didn't know what to say, my head was spinning. I sat next to him and looked at him in the eyes.

"John, I'm...I'm sorry."

"To be honest, it was her idea. She was jealous that we were spending a lot of time together."

"Who we?"

"You and me" He answered.

"What ?! She's delusional ! You're a freaking sweetheart and she should trust you, John, and if she doesn't see what I see, then it's her loss."

He was completely facing me

"What do you see?"

I hesitated. "I see a six foot two guy who is amazing and sweet from head to toe. Who shows love to everyone. Even the ones that don't show love in return. A guy who I can trust and always have fun with. Someone I love and care for a lot." I closed my eyes and sighed.

I kept my eyes closed while the silence grew.

"You know....you woke me up before we came here. I was sleeping but I woke up to see your name on my phone. I couldn't help but smile, Val. I'm not the amazing one Valarie Daniel, you are,"

I felt my cheeks get hot. He smiled at me and sighed.

"I don't want to leave here." He added

"We don't have to. We can watch the sun rise or take a swim-"

"Or both," He interrupted standing up and holding out his hand. I grabbed it and stood up. "Lets go for a swim now"

I didn't hesitate "Sure," I smiled "But we didn't bring our bathing suits"

He scoffed "When did that ever stop us ?" He smirked and took off his white shirt, skinny jeans, and boots. He was in his underwear and staring at me. "Aren't you going to take off your dress?"

I looked down at myself and took off my dress and sandals. I caught him staring and he quickly looked away.

"I'll race ya!" I called out and started to run towards the water.

Of course he won, but I didn't complain.

He carried me around in the water while I rested my head on his shoulder.

"Do you love me?" He asked.

"I thought I told ya." I whispered, he looked at me and laughed

"I see we're playing games now!" He dipped us in the water and brought us back up.

We were smiling and laughing with each other. After a while we got out and continued to talk and laugh. I noticed that the sun was coming up and I didn't want John to miss it.

"Just keep your eyes on the horizon," I told him. He nodded and looked at where I told him to look.

The sun began to appear and I couldn't believe how beautiful it looked. At the corner of my eye I noticed that John turned to look at me. I turned to face him

"What-" He interrupted me with his lips on mine. I could feel the passion in his kiss.

The sun was out and there was love in his green eyes.

"I love you, Val." He said putting a piece of my hair behind my ear.

* * *

I walked in my house and quietly closed the door behind me. I yawned and headed for my room, trying not to wake up Garrett or Kennedy. I quickly took a shower, put on my pjs and collapsed on my bed.

* * *

"Val...Val, wake up." My eyes were closed but I could tell it was Garrett.

I groaned and opened my eyes. I grabbed my phone from the floor and looked at the time. It said eleven a.m

"You've got to be kidding me." I mumbled and covered my face with the pillow to block out the unwanted light and the unwanted Garrett.

"Are you coming to the venue with us or what?" Garrett asked

"No!" I yelled through my pillow.

I heard Garrett starting to leave, I took the pillow away from my face and looked at him.

"Just call me an hour before the concert starts, okay?"

He smiled "Okay. One more thing."

I rolled my eyes "What?"

"What time did you come home?"

"Around six a.m, dad," I teased. "Anything else?"

"Nope, go back to sleep, love ya"

"Yeah, yeah, love ya too" I tried to shoo him away.

He laughed and closed the door. I fluffed my pillow and went back to sleep.

* * *

I woke up to the brightness and the warmth of the Arizona sun. I grunted. Before Kennedy left he must've opened my curtains. After I brushed my teeth and took a shower, I put on capri sweatpants and John's old Arizona State University sweatshirt that he gave me last summer.

I headed downstairs to the kicthen with my phone. While I checked my Twitter, I poured myself a bowl of Froot Loops and milk. I noticed that I had a lot of mentions from The Maine's fans so I decided to answer a couple of questions they asked:

@Maine_Fan123: Is Garrett single??? Are you dating him??

I laughed. I couldn't see us that way.

He is single and ready to mingle ladiiieesss, haha and noooo I am not dating him. He is my bestie for life though xD

I tweeted back.

@Mrs_Brock: Hey Val! I was wondering if you knew when the new album is coming out

While I read the question, I chewed on my cereal.

All I know is that the're releasing it in the fall. They kept me out of the loop, no one tells me anything anymore :(

I scrolled up and one question just caught my eye:

@JohnO_Lover: Are you and John together??

Under her question was a picture she added of John and I looking at each other with big smiles on our faces. I remember that day, last summer at a party Garrett asked for a picture of us. We positioned ourselves and right before Garrett took the picture, John whispered in my ear "You look so beautiful." I looked up, seeing that smile on his face made me smile.

I snapped out of my thoughts and began answering her question

Haha I love that picture <3 It looks that way but we aren't together. He's just another best friend of mine (:

I read it over and hit send. I started to clean up the kicthen when my phone began to ring. I pressed talk and put it to my ear.

"Hello-"

"Why do I see Kennedy and Garrett over here but not you?!"

I blinked in surprise, I heard a bit of anger in John's voice.

"Um, probably because I stayed home." I answered sarcastically.

"Are you telling me that you're not coming to the venue? Valarie I fucking swear if you don't come we're no longer friends-"

"What the hell? I told Garrett to call me an hour before the concert starts so there's no need to get your little panties in a bunch," I interrupted. I heard him take a deep breath

"What's so important that you're making sure I'm going anyway?" I asked

"Oh, uh, n-nothing really,"

I raised my eyebrow

"I have to go, Val. I'll see you later."

"Uh, okay then. Bye."

I was completely confused but I didn't want to think much of it so I chose to go for a run. I took my iPod and keys and left my house
♠ ♠ ♠
:D:D so why do you think John was so cray cray and made sure Valarie was going to the concert? We shall see in the next chapter (: The twitter accounts in the story were made up, just so you all know :]