Sequel: I'm Coming Home

In the Long Run

e l e v e n .

"Merry Christmas!" Angela yelled, shoving a large box covered in snowflake wrapping paper, and topped with ribbons and a bow "I know your gonna love it!"

I snipped the ribbon with a pair of nearby scissors and tore off the leftover paper that the bow didn't stick to, revealing a white box. I shimmied the lid off and took a peek, breathless.

I glanced at Angela, "How did you afford this?" I squealed, holding up a dress I only dreamed of having when I first saw it at the mall, but it was way out of my price range.

"My uncle had an opening at his store."

I launched myself at her with a bear hug, "Bitch. You shouldn't of done this."

"I did anyways." She said with a cheeky grin.

Angela's attention was diverted to Sarah who had a gift for her, while I on the other hand checked under the tree for other gifts to give away.

Ding dong

Ray went to go get the door. I heard the door creak open, then slam shut.

My eyes darted at Ray, "Who was it?" I asked.

"Nathan." He said in a girly voice.

"Jeez, don't be so rude!" I retorted, walking to the door and opening it.

I talked to Nathan a few times after I, uh, yeah. We didn't really set our relationship under a name or label but I never had to call him my boyfriend or friend or anything.

"Uh, Merry Christmas." He started with a light wave. "Can I come in?"

I nodded and took a seat on the love seat. He took a seat next to me.

He hesitated for a moment, "I got you something." He held out a small box, and from the size I could instantly tell it was jewelry.

"Oh. I didn't get anything for you." I murmured.

"I don't care." He replied.

I sighed, and unwrapped the small gift. The box was engraved with a small Swarvoski sign in gold. I opened it to reveal crystal stud earrings. I couldn't stop myself from letting out a few gifts.

Curious, Angela glanced at what I was laughing at and started to giggle along with me. Eventually, everyone but Nathan was laughing. Instead, he was sitting there dumbfounded, a little angry.

"Why the fuck are you laughing?" He muttered.

"I can't accept these. You'll have to return them," I responded, closing them and shoving them lightly into his chest.

"You don't like them? I can get you something else." He insisted.

"Um, Nathan?" He nodded in response, "I'm wearing pinchers." I said, moving my hair out of the way to reveal my gauged piercing, "I can't exactly wear those. I'm sorry." I said with a little chuckle, placing a hand on his knee comfortingly.

"Oh, I understand. I'll get going then." He murmured.

"You can stay and enjoy Christmas if you want." He smiled and thanked me, getting comfortable in his seat.

I decided to go back to looking for more gifts so I stuck my hand as far as it could go until the handle of a gift bag met my fingertips. I pulled it out to find a gift addressed to both me and my brother. I wasn't sure how it got there so I got up and made my way to Jordan, "What's this?"

He looked lost for a moment then he instantly recognized the gift. "A guy came by and dropped that off. It came with a little sticky note from Mom and Dad to not open it until Christmas, so be my guest." He said, widening his arms in a ta-dah feeling.

I peeked inside and pulled out a large bird skull, making me scream and throw it up in the air. It was almost as big as my head! Jordan quickly caught it before it could fall and break which would get everyone's attention. Unfortunately, my scream already got their attention.

"The hell?" Jordan muttered, scanning the skull.

I searched the bag for anything else and only came up with an envelope.

I cut it open and read it to Jordan,

"Hey Hon',

Me and your father really wanted to get you two tickets to come visit us here in the east. It's very warm here right now that I almost forgot about Christmas! Your father was kind enough to remind me. Anyways, as I was saying, unfortunately only archaeologists are allowed in the site so we were able to come home for two weeks! We'll be arriving on the fourteenth.

Until then, we both love and miss you lots,
Mom and Dad.
"
♠ ♠ ♠
whoooooa. okay, so i forgot to thank young'lovee for commenting, and also thanks to blank_pages95 for commenting as well (:

and this is the christmas chapter so yaaaay. christmaaaas~