Sequel: I'm Coming Home

In the Long Run

t w e l v e .

I woke up groggily, rubbing my eyes and glancing around my room. I reached for a hair tie and tied my hair into a messy bun. I made my way into the bathroom and I quickly brushed my teeth and got down.

Downstairs, my brother was chowing down on pancakes.

"Morning hon" My father said from in front of the stove.

"Daddy!" I screamed, my mind instantly waking up in excitement, "What time did you get here?" I said, wrapping my arms around his neck.

"Jordan picked us up a little while ago. Your mother is at the grocery store. Actually, we dropped her off on our way home. She insisted that she restock the entire house since your brother had decided to tell her about what you've been eating for dinner now a days. Be a doll and pick up your mother." He said, pinching my cheek.

I sighed, "Are you kidding me?"

"I picked them up from the airport so it's your turn this time!" Jordan said with a full mouth, "Can't say I didn't do anything." He mumbled through his pancakes.

I gave him an unruly face then headed upstairs to change. I stripped from my sleepwear and changed into a pair of skinny jeans and a Beatles shirt. I brushed my teeth, slipped on some five dollar shoes and jumped into my brother's car.

I arrived at the local grocery store and parked where ever was free. When I walked in I was immediately greeted by the smell of fresh fruits and vegetables.

If I was correct my mother was most likely at the meat section. If my dad and brother could eat anything for every meal it would be steak. My mom didn't like to indulge him on the goods but she was the kind of mother that spoiled her children.

I was almost past the seafood area when a hand wrapped around my elbow, "Alice? Oh hon, it's Alice!"

I stopped in my place and turned to see Ray's mother.

"Oh. Hi Janice." I smiled at her. It had been quite a while.

"Oh Alice! How are you? How's your brother? You're still great friends with Ray, yes? Since he's gotten older he doesn't like to chat about school or any of those things with us anymore." Janice bolted all these question at me, waving her hand, slightly embarrassed in her son's behavior.

"I'd love to talk to you but my mother's in town. Please tell everybody I said hi. Ray's birthday is coming up, isn't it. I'll see you then." I told her.

She nodded and waved me off.

I continued my path towards the meat department. In the middle of the floor my mother and bent down, picking up the things that had fell from her basket.

"Mom!" I called, jogging up to her and helping out.

"Oh honey, it's okay. I just tripped." She said as if it was just a careless mistake.

"Someone didn't trip you, that man over there just shoved you without a sorry." A boy, around my age said, helping me and my mother.

Once we finally finished cleaning up the mess, me and my mother thanked the boy.

"I'm Ian." He smiled, holding out his hand to me.

"Uh.. my name is.. uh.."
♠ ♠ ♠
GAH. i love babie dolphins.
lawl what does a baby dolphin look like?
ok love you guuuuuys