Sequel: I'm Coming Home

In the Long Run

s e v e n t e e n .

"What's his name?" He asked as we walked further down the street.

I had asked Ian if we could walk and talk. Stratford had ended a little while ago and some people walked home this way and the last thing I wanted to do was see anyone. And even though I hate to think about it, they might make rumours about me and Ian if they spotted us together.

"Nathaniel Bausta." I told him.

Instead of his usual fast reply, he stayed silent. His eyes turned distant as he looked onto the street as cars whizzed by.

"Do you know him?" I asked with a dry laugh.

Ian went to a nearby school that was a five minute drive from Stratford. If we didn't hate Point Grey our rivalry would of been directed at Ian's school.

"Um." He paused after he gave me the same laugh I had just done, "I've heard a bit."

"You know what, enough about me. What's your life like? Got a girlfriend?" I asked with a wink.

He let out an infectious laugh and broke out into a genuine smile, "Just had our one year anniversary." He stressed.

"Awh, what's her name?" I asked him.

"Vivian." He let out with a sigh.

"Whipped!" I laughed. I gave him a slap on the back and a little whip sound effect.

"Motherfucker, I'm not whipped!" He complained, "I'm in love." He said with a grin and a wink.

"Awh, you're so adorable!" I squealed out. I jumped in front of him and pinched his cheeks like a baby.

"Alice?" I glanced behind me, where the voice was coming from and there stood Nathan, watching me as I glanced over my shoulder and my hands clasped onto Ian's chubby cheeks.
♠ ♠ ♠
if I could whistle online I'd do it now. LOL.

anyways, please comment and subscribe. it makes me smile and I'm sorry that I haven't updated recently. I made a theory. The future of a story depends on both the writers and readers. If they are both committed then it will be a huge success. But here's the catch, readers need to give feedback to inspire the writer and the writer needs to be consistent with updating or else readers can be easily tired of a story they forgot about! You understand, right? It's like a cycle.

Well, anyways, thanks for reading!