Sequel: I'm Coming Home

In the Long Run

n i n e t e e n .

"So, how's it going with finding schools that will take you?" I asked him as we relaxed on the couch.

He grew distant, "It's been alright. Not many replies yet but there have been a few so I've always got a back up plan if my top school fails me." He said, pulling me closer to him.

I planted my lips on his jaw and gave him a soft kiss, "It'll be fine. I promise you." I told him.

Image

With the school year coming to an end I was welcoming it with open arms. Not only was summer going to be amazing, I could finally say yes to Nathan's request of a girlfriend since the entire school body of Stratford wouldn't be behind me making me want to jump off the bridge.

There was only under a month of school and I couldn't wait to just run outta the place and not look back until September.

The gossip has calmed down but people I used to smile at or greet won't even look at me. But their lost, right?.

I sat on the sidewalk with my legs stretched out on the side of the road as cars passed by. After a few silent minutes Nathan's car pulled up next to me. I hopped into his car and buckled my belt.

"Good afternoon." I said, pecking him on the cheek.

"Hey, I got some news." He said right off the bat, making a left turn towards the pool hall. I really wanted to go since I wasn't able to go last time thanks to Ian.

"Good or bad?" I joked, giving him a cheeky smile.

"Both." He mumbled as we pulled into a parking spot.

"Oooh, hit me." I said with a light smile, still trying to keep the mood cheery.

"I got accepted to Oklahoma State for football." He told me, leaning back.

"Oh my god! Congratulations! I don't see how that's bad." I told him, "I knew you were going to leave but we're gonna spend all summer together so it's okay." I told him with a smile.

"That's the thing." He murmured, "They want me there over the summer to get ready for the season."

Right there. Right at the moment. I could see my entire summer, along with my next two years crumbling.
♠ ♠ ♠
updato! (:

ending soon! i put the sequel up at the top where is says that this story is a prequel of...
so subscribe to thaaat guys! (: