Sequel: I'm Coming Home

In the Long Run

f o u r .

The crowds were booming and cheering. The west were our red and silver Sabres, the east was the green and yellow Wolves. I was standing behind the team's bench. I was controlling the scoreboard from ground level on the wireless remote. I was pretty

close with the team. Well, I was close with a lot of teams, I was the one usually controlling the scoreboards for football, lacrosse, soccer.

"Alice, can you do the whole handshaking thing with the captains? The refs are running late." The Startford coach asked.

I nodded and headed to the center of the field, Jordan following behind. Once we got to the center, I blew the whistle, calling for the captain. While waiting for the Point Grey football captain, I moved my weight from left foot to right.

"Uh, you called for captain?"

"Oh, yes yes." I mumbled, moving my hair from my face and turning my head upwards to greet the captain. Of course, that was before I found out it was Nathaniel.

"Nathaniel, really? Why didn't anyone inform me?" I said, a little upset. "Do you have my wallet?" I whispered the last part lightly. Jordan still didn't know.

"It's in my locker." He said, quite loudly I may add.

"What's in his locker?" My brother just had to intervene.

"I took her wallet," Nathaniel smirked before I could say anything.

"What the fuck, bro? Give her back her wallet!" Jordan semi-yelled, pushing Nathaniel on the chest.

"Oh please don't do that," I murmured, as Nathaniel said, "Don't touch me!"

Nathaniel push Jordan back, eventually, it got a little out of hand. The crowd got louder as they challenged each other on hits and uppercuts.

Since the field was so wide, it took a while for the coaches to get here. Because of that, I decided to take matter in my own hands. I grabbed onto the back of Jordan's jersey and tried pulling him back but he was just too stubborn. Next I tried pushing

Nathaniel away from Jordan, another fail. Now let me tell you something about my next method. I'm not sure whether you'd call it a success of failure, but let me tell you, they did stop fighting.

I quickly intervened, stepping between the two. Using my foot, I pushed Jordan one way, and with my two hands, I push Nathaniel the other way. Unfortunately, because they were both quite distracted, they kept going. Jordan went around me and gave

Nathaniel a left hook. Angered, Nathaniel tried harder, reeling back his arm and let it go.

Guess where that punch went?

The impact was painful. It knocked me off my feet, and down to the grass field. My head pounded and I felt my cheek warm up. I could tell my face was starting to redden.

"Holy shit! Alice!" Nathaniel yelled, leaning down to grab onto me and help me up but my brother slapped his hand away.

"Don't touch her." Jordan yelled, helping me up.

The coach ended up running back and grabbing an ice pack, making him take a while. He handed me the pack and told me to head back to the bench, saying they would finish the whole thing with the captains.

The game ended with a pounding head and a red cheek.

I was getting ready to leave when my phone started ringing with an unknown number.

"Can I help you?" I asked the unknown person.

"I'm sorry."

"Who is this?"

"Can I make it up to you?"

"Can I have your name?"

"Meet me Saturday at 9 am at the dock."

"Can I find out who you are?" I said a little sarcastically.

"Oh, and I don't like the name Nathaniel. Call me Nathan." He said, his voice deep and quiet.

"Alright." I couldn't help but smile. Nathan being civilized? Haha, weird.

Guilt can do quite a few things to people.
♠ ♠ ♠
whoa. sorry i havent uploaded in a while. im kinda behind. i'll work hard (after i do my homework) LOL, im a procrastinaterrrr. lots of love, and comment pleeeeease?

lawta love - alpha.