Sequel: I'm Coming Home

In the Long Run

s e v e n .

It's been over twenty-four hours since my brother came home from where ever he was at with Nathan. I decided not to press on it and with Jordan's Halloween party coming up, it would make a good distraction so I didn't have to ask stupid questions accusing him of something stupid. Like hanging out with Nathan.

The first guest arrived as I made my way down the stairs in my Little Red Riding hood cape, equipped with a small woven clutch and a small simple black romper underneath. I'm sure my brother got one of his girl friends to pick something out for me. Anyways, that first guest was just Charlie, a real good friend of Jordan's.

Jordan was wearing a Woody costume, Charlie?Buzz Light Year. i let out a choke-y laugh when I saw them. The authenticity of the costume was appalling with his brown foam hat and leather cowboy boots.

"Awh, what cootie patooties!" I bellowed, scattering towards them and giving them a few cheek pinches, "You guys are such an adorable pair."

I helped them with a few decorations here and there. Webs were stringed around the corners of the halls and rooms, signs and arrows pointed towards the kitchen and other rooms with clever names like the Blood Café.

I assigned myself the part of giving out candies to little kids. I was never a party person in the first place, but i couldn't ditch a party I was partially hosting. People in my grade who were invited would thank me for the invite when my brother really did everything. And for those not invited, they could easily wait half an hour and sneak it. We only spent the first fifteen minutes asking for invites, from there my brother would join his friends and I would take a walk outside.

As people started arriving, so did the little trick or treaters.

"Trick or treat!" A little boy in an adorable army costume yelled, sticking his hands out.

I dropped a kitkat in the cute pumpkin shaped bucket, "Happy Halloween."

"Thank you!" And he pattered his way to the next house.

Image

It was getting late but the party inside hadn't settled down yet. I was down to my last five pieces of chocolate.

So far I had seen seven Spidermans, three Batmans, two Supermans, five Cinderellas, six Snow Whites, and an adorable Rapunzel. There were so many others I saw but those stood out to me, the cliche costumes that happened to be over used by little girls and boys. There was always the occasional kid who actually tried to scare you. The zombie, ghost, the killer from the movie, Scream.

I decided that the night was wrapping up so I placed the candy bowl on the bench on the front porch.

Pulling my hood over my head, I rounded the corner down the street and onto a main road. A few kids were still running around with glow sticks and flashlights. Because my neighborhood was pretty forested, I felt like Little Red Riding hood as I walked down the sidewalk.

I stopped in front of a brick building. Greya's Pool Hall, was flashing in neat capital letters. It was something I missed. I used to go here all the time. Pool had been a loved hobby of mine. Me and my father would go here behind my brother and mother's back. I know it's wrong but it was really fun. It was a great escape, even without my father.

I walked through the front door, the muscular security man stopped me dead in my tracks. His head was bald and polished. He wore all black except for the words security in capital letters on his shirt. His voice was rough and raspy, "I haven't seen you here before."

I pulled down my hood and looked up at the unfamiliar face. What had happened to their old guy? He was much more effective. And I'm not just saying that cause he would of let me in. Still, I wasn't backing down here, "I'm an old friend of the owner's." I told him.

It was true. Greya was a friend of my dad's. She helped him teach me. Apparently she introduce my mom to my dad-but my mom didn't trust Greya that much so it took a while for her to warm up to my father. I guess you could say she was to me what Brandon was to Jordan. A role model? Anyways, Greya was a great lady. Very friendly.

"A friend of the owner's? I haven't even met the owner," The man laughed cruelly.

"Is Mauricio in today? I'm sure he'll let me in." I asked. Mauricio was a good friend of Greya's who had helped her in building this place.

The security guy let a few guys behind me in then pulled his walkie talkie from his belt, "Mauricio to the front entrance."

After a few strained minutes, Mauricio finally came.

The buff guy grunted, "Sorry for disturbing you but this little lady here claims she's a good friend of Greya's." He nodded his chin towards me.

Mauricio glanced at me. His eyes went from hazy, to confused, then recognition. "Alice!" He bellowed, "You haven't been here for almost two years!" He threw his arms up for emphasis.

I gave Mauricio a grim smile, "I'm pretty sure I can promise you that won't happen again anytime soon."

I was in my element and didn't want to let go.
♠ ♠ ♠
imagine if i got the number of the chapter wrong. LOOOOOOL.
and thanks for the comment marie.eza and if her username is different now its okay cause her profile link is right here. you know?
k thanks babes. enjoy.
(i know its really behind but i never got the chance to upload these)