You Belong With Me

Seven

I ran my fingers through my damp hair as I wrapped a towel around myself. I heard my phone ring, Zayn's ringtone filled the room. I made my way out of the room and grabbed my phone.

“Hey.” I said softly.

“Vas happenin’?” I laughed a bit.

“I just got back from getting my hair done and getting my piercing.” I said as I went to go look at my new nose ring.

“Whatcha get done?” I smiled.

“You’ll have to wait and see.” I glanced over at the clock. “It’s only noon.” I paused. “Shouldn’t you be at your photo shoot?” He laughed.

“We’re in hair and make-up and I’m bored, so I thought I would call you.” I blushed.

“Who are you talking too?” I heard Louis ask in the background.

“Zoe.” He told them. I smiled. I used this time to dig through my suit case, Finding the dress I wanted to wear, I grabbed my underwear and bra and walked back into the room.

“What did she do to her hair?” I laughed as I heard Liam’s deep voice.

“No, what did she get pierced?” I laughed again as I heard Harry.

“She won’t tell me.” Zayn answered. “She said we have to wait and see.” I cleared my throat.

“You know, I’m still here. And I’m just in a towel, so if you’re not going to talk to me, I’m hanging up.”

“You’ve got my attention.” I laughed at him.

“You’re such a perv, Zayn.” He laughed.

“I have to go.” He said softly. “I’ll call you when we’re done and on our way back to the hotel.” I smiled.

“Okay. Talk to you then. Bye.”

“Bye, babe.” I blushed as I heard him call me babe again.

-------

There was a knock on the door, as I was finishing straightening my hair.

“Who is it?” I called. I heard his laugh.

“Come on, let me in, Zoe.” I put the flat iron on the sink and made my way over to the door.

“Close your eyes, Zayn.” I said as I looked at him through the peep hole. I smiled as he did as I said. “Are they closed?”

“Yes.” He said.

“Don’t peak.” I said softly as I opened the door and stood there in front of him.

“Tell me when.” He said softly. I smiled at him as he stood there.

“Ready?” He nodded. “One, two, three.” I watched as he opened his eyes and they met mine for a split second before he started to look me over. I stood there for a while before he said anything.

“So?” I asked softly, scared that he didn’t like anything. His eyes met mine and he smiled.

“You look gorgeous.” He said as he stepped towards me.

“Tell me the truth.” I said as I took a step back.

“I thought that you’ve always looked better as a brunette. I like how the pink frames your face. You’ve been talking about doing that for a while.” He paused. “And finally, your nose ring.” He smiled. “I think it looks good, but you should have got a stud.” I tried to hide my smile. “Do you want me to comment on the outfit, as well?”

“Go for it.”

“It would look better on the floor.”

“ZAYN JAWAAD!” He laughed at me.

“Are you almost ready?”

“I just have to finish my make-up.” I said softly. “We’re heading out after the show, right?”

“Yeah.”

-------

I looked up and my eyes met Zayn’s.

“So, why lunch just the two of us?” I asked him softly as I pushed my fringe away from my face.

“Does there always have to be a reason?”

“When it comes to you, yes.”

“Because I wanted to spend some time with my girlfriend, is that such a crime?” I blushed.

“Zayn, I’m not your girlfriend.” He smiled.

“Yes, you are.”

“Oh? Since when?”

“Don’t you want to be with me?” He asked as his eyes got wide. I laughed a bit.

“Zayn.”

“No, answer it.” I let out a small sigh.

“Yes.”

“And I want to be with you. So we’re now dating.” I raised my eyebrow.

“Oh, you’re not even going to ask me?” He smiled.

“No, because I know you’re going to say yes.”

“Fine.” I said, giving into him.

And just like that, he was mine, and I was his.