The Empress of the Seas

Chapter 10

There were people all around me in a court like room. Everyone was talking and either celebrating or panicking about something. The leader lifted his hand and the entire room fell quiet. All though I was in the room it seemed as if I was invisible as everyone swarmed around me.

“Now you all have heard the rumors, some of them being true and others not. And I tell you now so listen carefully, our true leader is indeed out there and very powerful.” The noise started up again but quickly died back down. “She does not know her power though she has so much of it. We must rescue her from the human ways and bring her back to us! Then we will once again set off to destroy the evil race!”

Everyone cheered and all of a sudden the leader looked directly at me and everyone followed his gaze. Before I knew it they were screeching in these high pitch voices and chasing after me. On instinct, I ducked down and curled into a ball and woke up shaking in Jacks bed.

At that very moment Jack ran in. “What? What happened?” he came to me and turned my head back and forth looking for bruises or something. I only sat there breathing heavily. “Love, what happened? Why’d ye scream?”

I looked up at him in confusion, “I didn’t scream…” my breath began to slow down but I was still shaking.

“Yes ye did, we heard ye, what happened?” I opened my mouth to say something but Gibbs ran in with Princess on his heals.

“Captain, I think ye should see this,” he said and Princess ran up to me, my bracelet in her mouth. Taking it from her, I pet her head and slipped the bracelet on my wrist.

We followed Gibbs outside but nothing was wrong. “But…”

“Ok look Gibbs I don’t have time for this, ye have to stop stealing me rum!” Jack yelled at him and turned to me. “What are you doing up?! Go to bed!”

“No!” I crossed my arms.

“Yesterday, ye were almost struck by lightning and ye just woke up screaming! Go to bed!” I felt my body relax as I remembered the dream. “What, what is it?” I looked at him thoughtfully before I walked back into his cabin and sat on the bed. He followed my and sighed as he pulled up a chair next to the bed. “What’s wrong love?”

I kept my gaze at the ground until a solution popped into my head. “We have to make port!” I jumped up but he only starred at me. “What are you waiting for, we have to make port!” I got up, ready to run for the door but he pulled me back.

“Love calm down, why?”

“The people… from the legend; her people! They found her! I-I don’t know how but I was there, at their town meeting or something. But they saw me and tried to kill me! We have to make port!”

“Whoa relax,” Jack said in a calm voice. “What exactly did ye see?”

“Well like I said it was a town meeting or something in like a court room. Their leader was talking about how she used her power and they were gonna find her. Oh my god, history is gonna repeat itself! They’re gonna use their old plan! They’re gonna kill the human race!” I screamed standing up.

“Shh…” Jack said and put his arms up to calm me down and I sat down again. “One, if history repeats itself then they won’t kill the human race because they will fail again but that also means the empress has a daughter. Two, we can’t make port now with Corus so close to us.”

“Oh we will make port!” I said and stormed on deck.

“Emma!” He yelled chasing me.

“What’s the closest port?!” I screamed and everyone stopped what they were doing and turned to me. “You heard me!”

“It’s Port Rockford miss,” one of the crew members said and Jack was telling them not to say anything behind my back.

“Don’t listen to her; she’s delusional from the storm.” He whispered.

“I am not and ye better take this ship to port or I’ll take over!” I glared at him.

“Oh no you don’t!” he ran to the helm and guarded his precious wheel. Pushing him out of the way, I took my pistol out and aimed it at his head.

“Bring this ship into Port Rockford!” I yelled and everyone immediately obeyed.

“Ye really have to stop holding me at gun point love,”

“Yeah well ye really have to start listening to me so we’re even.” I smiled and put the gun back in my belt.

“My ship?” he smirked.

“Yeah, yeah, yeah, don’t go all cocky on me,” I stepped aside and let him take the wheel. “But we’re still going to Port Rockford.”

“Looks like I don’t have a choice love,” he smiled to me.

“Just the way I like it,” I smirked, leaning on the rail as we both starred into the horizon.

When we finally reached port it was about an hour before sundown and huge smile crept onto my face. Looking down at Princess, she merely tilted her head in confusion making me laugh. Jacked turned to me when I did.

“What’s so funny?” he asked with the same expression as Princess. I looked from him to her and back at him.

“Ye guys are so cute!” I squealed and ran off to the front of the ship and jumped on the rail to look at Port Rockford. I could hear the faint fancy music from the distance. Behind my back Gibbs, trying not to laugh, looked at Jack who only shrugged.

Swaggering over to me, he put a hand on my shoulder. “Why are ye so excited Love?” he asked but I could barely control my happiness.

“We’re at Port Rockford!” I replied sitting down on the rail.

“Yeah… I would think ye would hate to go back. Ye know since ye were dieing to leave and all the fancy people… with tight pants…” Jack twitched and muttered something about ‘those bloody eunuchs’.

“Ye really think that’s what I’m going back to? Besides, don’t ye want to see your dad?” He opened his mouth to say something but changed his mind and closed it again, looking down, “family issues?” I put on a fake sad face and he glared at me.

“He just… isn’t happy about the way I got ye on me ship; thinks I don’t treat ladies with respect.” I couldn’t help but laugh and saw a few crew members quickly turn away to hide their smiles.

“Yeah well I have to catch up with some people, see how their doing.” I turned longingly back to the port that was coming closer and closer.

“Like who?” he asked suspiciously.

“What, oh uhh… nobody,” I said and jumped off the rail, changing the subject. “Come on, let’s go ye scallywags! I want this ship docked in ten minutes!” Picking up Princess, I hurried below deck for a while to get Jack off my back.

When I heard the crew running around, docking the ship, I ran off with Princess at my heals. I knew Jack didn’t see me but it didn’t take him long to find me at a pub in the back of town. That pubs name? Star lit Inn.

By then I was completely drunk and was dancing on the bar. Seeing him walk in, I jumped down, almost breaking my leg, and running over to him.

“Jack! Look what I can do!” I screamed and did some random dance that involved my feet moving really fast and fell onto a near by table knocking over a number of empty bottles. “I think I still need some practice…” I giggled.

I hardly noticed a smirk come across his face and the mischievous glint in his eyes.
“Well love, I know a better dance…”

“Really?! Teach me! Teach me!”

“Oh no, it’s far too advanced, even for you.”

“Please! Please, please, please, please!” I begged practically throwing myself at him.

“Well…” he scratched his chin and I looked up at him hopefully. “Ok, but ye have to follow my lead.

“Ok!” I clapped happily. Offering his hand, I immediately took it and he started spinning my around and dancing all around the place. The people playing music who had been taking a break started playing again and more and more people joined us. After a while Jack and I stumbled out of the pub and into the dark streets.