Status: i have so many chapters of this one, so idkk how much ill be updating..

The Balance Between Love and Hate

He Came Down With Love?

Chapter 2 - He Came Down With Love?

Michael's POV

I went to school the next day, eager for it to be over so I could see Rocky. I really wished that I went to Poway High more than ever. Of course, I wanted to go there because my best friends did. Rocky just made me want to a little more. I knew my parents would never go for transferring me, so I just stuck with seeing her at band practice.

We hung out in Nathan's room after playing a few songs. The guys finally got the news about Rocky and I.

"Aawwhh," Zach said.

"Mikey's got a girlfriend," Cameron added jokingly.

"Uh, I'm going to get a drink," Nathan said.

"Cool, I'll go with ya," I said.

"Alone," Nate said immediately after that. I knew something was up right then. He walked out, closing the door behind him.

Cameron's POV

I stared at the other guys in curiosity. They nodded towards the door. I knew what they meant. They wanted me to go talk to Nate. I guess I was the one that always made people feel better. I walked out and closed the door. I walked upstairs to see Nathan sitting at the kitchen table. He just sat there drinking a glass of water, staring into space.

"Hey, Nate," I said. "You okay?"

"Yeah."

"Something's bothering you, man. What is it?"

"Nothing."

"Nate," I said, putting on a serious face expression. He looked at me and sighed.

"It's Rocky, okay?"

I pulled out a chair and sat down beside him.

"What about Rocky?"

"I like her. Like, really like her. Ever since she picked up my necklace for me and I looked into her eyes, I just..."

"Well, there's not much I can say about that. I'm not trying to put Mikey down or anything but, some relationships don't last. This might be one of them. Just hope for the best, bud."

"Yeah. There's something else though."

"What?"

"She didn't show any interest in me. She probably doesn't like me."

"You don't know that. Like I said, hope for the best."

"What if me and her being together isn't the best?" he asked. That was a good question.

"Then you'll find someone else, Nate. Someone who truely loves you and will want to be with you forever. Plus, you're still in high school. There's plenty of time for you to find that person."

He smiled at those words.

"You're right. Thanks, Cameron."

"Anything for a best friend," I said.

Michael's POV

What was taking so long? Nate must've been really upset about something. But he didn't start acting wierd until...shit. He likes Rocky? I felt so bad. I took a girl from my best friend without even realizing it. When Nate came back in, I whispered in his ear while everyone else was talking.

"Sorry, man. I didn't know you liked her."

"It's cool. I'll find someone one day."

"But she's technically yours."

"No, Mikey. You asked her out and I didn't. She's yours. Cam was talking to me and made me realize that there's someone out there for me. Rocky just isn't that someone."

Wow. Cameron really was the pep-talker.

"I really am sorry, though," I said.

"It's cool, don't worry about it."

Rocky's POV

What the hell was going on? I was so confused. I looked at my phone and realized it was time to go home. My mom was making dinner at six.

"Sorry, guys. I gotta leave. My mom wants me home for dinner."

"Okay," Mikey said. "You need a ride?"
Right, I forgot they brought me here. I really need to get a car.

"That would be great," I said with a smile. He took my hand and led me outside. We walked up to a blue Mustang convertible. "Oh my God. This is your car?"

"Yeah. Well, it's my dad's but I had to borrow it today."

"It's really cool."

"Thanks."

"Is band practice over?" I asked.

"Yeah, we just hang around afterwards sometimes. Why?"

"I was going to ask you if you wanted to stay at my house for dinner."

He smiled.

"I'd love to."

"Kay then, let's go," I said with a smile, getting in the car. Michael jumped over his door, started the car, and we were off.

We walked in the front door and took off our shoes. My mom came out and saw Michael.

"Hola, hija."

My mom always spoke Spanish at home.

"Who's this?" she asked.

"Mom, this is my boyfriend Michael. I invited him over for dinner, if that's okay with you."

"Oh, of course. Nice to meet you, Michael," She said.

"El gusto es mio (the pleasure is mine)," he answered. She smiled. I looked at him in shock. "Who knew Spanish class would actually come in handy," he whispered to me. I laughed quietly.

We sat down at the dinner table. Tacos. My mom must be missing Mexico again. We ate, my mom asking us questions about school and how we met. You'd think it'd be a little embarrasing to talk about your relationship with a parent, but it actually wasn't all that bad.

"So, where's your dad?" Michael asked, trying to keep the conversation going. My face turned to sadness.

"He died when I was nine," I answered. My mom looked down at her plate.

"Oh, I'm so sorry," Michael said.

"It's okay." I tried to look happy again. "Mom, Michael here is in a band."

"Oh, how nice. What kind of music do you play?" she asked.

"A mix of pop and rock," he answered. She nodded with a pleased expression. "Speaking of our music, I have a surprise for you, Rocky." He got into his bookbag and pulled out a CD. He handed it to me.

"This is you guys?"

"Yeah. We recorded and made some CDs. I figured you would want one."

"Aawwhh thank you," I said, smiling.

We went up to my room and put it in the stereo. It started with my favorite: Here With You. I smiled.

"This song reminds me of you. Minus the poster part," Michael said with a laugh. I smiled wider, laughing a little as well.

The next song was called Submarine Warfare, followed by This Shouldn't Be Legal and Dance Forever. There were only a couple songs, but they were all amazing.

"Michael, these songs are really good. You guys should keep writing."

"Thank you and I believe we're planning on it. We still need to think of a band name."

"Yeah, that could be hard."

"I know right. We were the Outerspace Politicians, but we want something better. There's so many great band names and, thinking about that, you have a hard time coming up with one of your own."

"Yeah. I wish I could help you but I just don't have a great mind like that," I said with a little laugh. He laughed back, taking my hand.

"You know something?"

"What?"

"You're the only girl who understands me."

"Really?" I asked, a little shocked.

"Yeah. I've had a lot of friends who are girls and a few girlfriends and none of them really did. I can be real around you, ya know? I feel like I can trust you with my secrets and talk to you about anything. You're like a best friend, but you're more than that, too."

"Aawwhh, Mikey," I said, hugging him. "Just so you know, you can talk to me about anything. But I wouldn't tell me any secrets if I were you. You know how most girls can be with gossip," I said. He got the joke and chuckled a little.

"Yeah. You're not most girls, though. You're Rocky. And did I mention that I love Rocky?" he said, winking at me. I looked into his eyes.

"I love Michael, too," I said with a smile. He hugged me, kissing my cheek gently.

After Michael left, I layed on my bed and did my homework. I couldn't really concentrate on it, though. I couldn't stop thinking about that amazing guy who stayed for dinner. I really did love his music, too. I began to think that maybe Michael was the one. He was nice, funny, and, the most obvious, a rockstar. And I knew it was only the second day of 'us', but I loved him very much.
♠ ♠ ♠
i know, it's really boring so far. trust me, it will get wwaayy more interesting. this is my longest story yet. i havent finished writing it yet and it's 25 chapters, 75 notebook pages. so there's plenty more to read. i'm just not sure when i'll be getting it all up. school has my schedule booked. but please comment and tell me what you think (:
By the way, i have an image of what i picture Rocky to look like. here's a link:

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Allstar-Weekend-Is-Uhhhmazinnng/242452329098200?ref=tn_tnmn#!/photo.php?fbid=352594041417361&set=a.242576312419135.86639.242452329098200&type=1&theater