Run Devil Run

Catherine

"He's hardly one," I laughed as she walked away. Sebastian raised an eyebrow before sighing.

"Tea is to be made by 2, Catherine. We have a few visitors dropping by to talk to young master," he told me. I nodded.

"Anything else?"

"Maybe cake, if suitable. And do make sure that everything is kept orderly."

"Of course. But, if I may ask, who is coming?" I inquired with my eyebrow raised. He didn't hesitate to answer.

"Lady Red and Mr. Lau, to discuss some matters."

"About?" I pushed on. I didn't like being kept in the dark

He sighed again before digging into his blazer pocket to check the time. "I rather not say. Please brew some tea and if possible, make some other refreshment. Make sure to bring it to the foyer promptly by 2," he dismissed with a wave of his gloved hand.

"Yes, Sebastian," I bowed politely to hold back my tongue.

------


I rolled the cart towards the designated room, stopping right in front of the fancy, wooden door to hear bits of information.

"-murders of prostitutes?"

"Yes, so I've heard."

"What does the Queen suppose I should do?"

"You are her dog, are you not, Lord?"

I knocked on the door, three times until he gave me the signal to come in. "Enter," I heard a muffled voice say. I twisted the knob and pushed open the door to roll the cart in.

"Tea and cake, young master, promptly at 2," I released the cart and bowed. He nodded before turning his attention to the two guests, a woman wearing a red trench coat and uneven red hair with lips and eyes to match. The other was a man, Chinese, with eyes closed and oriental clothing covering his body. A Chinese woman with intense, big eyes sat in his lap.

I poured the tea into separate cups and placed a plate underneath them as I placed it on the wooden table. I cut the cake and placed a thin piece on each china plate before setting them on the table.

"Thank you, Catherine."

I bowed before slowly walking away so they could talk, privately. As I clicked the door close, I pressed my ear against it and listened attentively.

"Catherine, what are you doing?" A familiar voice asked me. I turned around and saw Aaliyah. I put a finger on my lips to shush her before listening again.
♠ ♠ ♠
I definitely changed it a bit. I barely remember what actually happened xD