‹ Prequel: Just a Sip
Status: YAAAARRRR!!! ©AFos2011

Change

Kapitel Sieben

Sebastian’s POV

After dropping Rowan off at her house, I immediately rushed home to interrogate Markus. What did he mean when he said that he figured it out. The chilling night air kissed the back of my neck and I shivered, not sure if it was because of the weather or because I was actually scared…scared of the fact that it was possible to change from man to wolf on command.

I let myself into the house hearing yelling in the kitchen. I shrugged my coat off and tossed it on the banister. Markus was in the kitchen with my mother, cleaned up and fully clothed yelling.

“Ever since you came around with your ‘great ideas’, Sebastian has the notion that it is OKAY to change into a monster. It’s not right Markus! It’s just not right!” My mothers face was beet red as she jabbed a manicured finger into my cousins chest. Uh oh. This wasn’t good, I should have never left them alone together. Markus pushed her hand away.

“Maybe if you embraced who you are, you wouldn’t have such a problem with it!”

“That is NOT ME.” My mother screeched. I intercepted.

“HEY. SHUT UP. BOTH OF YOU!” I yelled, getting their attention. They both looked at me, animalistic anger in their eyes, more in my cousins than my mothers. “Now what the HELL is going on?” I frothed towering over the both of them because of my height.

“Nothing.” My mother said peevishly, smoothing her hair out and glaring at Markus. Markus ignored her and came to me.

“Sebastian, its great, remember what I started to tell you earlier? I can force myself to turn into a wolf without the cold.” I shuddered again, remembering the pain of turning the other night, who would want to do that again for fun? My mother held a hand out.

“You see?! He’s repulsed by the thought!” She rubbed her temples.

“How did you turn back?” I sighed pulling a barstool up and sitting at the counter. Markus rushed to follow.

“I’m not quite sure, but I did Sebastian, I did. I focused all my body heat and suddenly look-” He held up his hands. “Fingers…not paws…TA DA!” I shook my head, it was stupid that he believed that whatever he did worked. My mother grunted and stormed from the room.

“Markus is full of it, can’t even bear to listen anymore.” She said behind her as she climbed the stairs. I focused back on Markus who now paced in front of me.

“Imagine, being able to change anytime you want! Roaming the night in SUMMER! It’s ultimate power, like being a superhero.”

The blood rushed in my ears. Before, I was nervous, but now I was curious. How could this curse benefit me, if Markus’ stupid theory worked in the first place? I thought back to Rowans little adventure today and rubbed my arm remembering her encounter with the wolves.

“Do you remember anything from when you had changed today?” I asked. Markus became silent, stopping and squeezing his eyes shut.

“Hmmm. Nope, not that I recall. That’s one con of this double life.” He said leaning on the counter opposite me.
“Don’t call it that I said.” I said ashamedly.

“By the way.” He said changing the subject, “I’m getting my GED.”

I raised my eyebrow. “Isn’t it a little too late for that?” I said getting up and going to the cabinet to get a glass for water. Markus glowered at me.

“Never. So I’ll be going to school with you for a bit to finish a couple mandatory classes and get my papers and shit together.”

I groaned. Coming home to see Markus in my house was bad enough but going to school with him would be worse. Markus looked at me amusedly.

“Now you can introduce me to all of your friends, I’m sure they’d be delighted to meet me.” He said, a twinkle in his sharp green eye.

Rowan’s POV

The next morning, I walked to Sebastian’s car bright and early. It was the coldest morning to date and it felt great. The black bomber was already started and Sebastian sat next to a figure I couldn’t make out in the car from where I was walking. As I came closer, I saw to my horror that it was Markus. He rolled the window down and winked at me, bundled up to his chin in scarves.

“Mornin’ neighbor! Chiller isn’t it?” He said as I shrugged getting into the car. I myself was wearing a light blue long sleeved shirt and jeans.

“Hi Sebastian,” I said closing the door and seeing him bundled up as well, with his hat pulled down low over his ears. The heat was blasting.

“Hey.” He said looking me over, “You look nice…and cool today.” He said visibly shivering beneath his coat pile. I laughed.

“Yeah, compared to you Eskimos. What are you doing here Markus?” I asked, trying to sound nonchalant, but it ended up sounding hostile. He turned to look at me, giving me a wolfish grin.

“We’ll be going to school together babe, isn’t that exciting?” He said, monumentally pissing me off. “By the way, sorry I took your seat. I need to stay warm on days like these.” Though, I suspected he wasn’t really sorry.

We headed out to school, following the line of students that we had grown up with that lived in our area. Parking at our usual spot, we went into the building as a trio. Everyone pointed and whispered at us, and I could feel their stares boring holes through me. Newcomers weren’t really the norm around here, and Marcus was the new celeb. Once we had gotten to Sebastian’s locker, he took all of his gear off, revealing smoldering hotness straight out of GQ magazine. His coppery curls smoothed fashionably around his head and his pale skin was only visible to the chin because of his green turtleneck and dark grey jeans. Sebastian looked even hotter as he removed his hat and shook out his blonde hair, his blue eyes and perfect lips looked angelic. He was wearing a black v neck and dark blue jeans. Markus was hot, but he wasn’t as classically attractive as Sebastian. Marcus smirked at me.

“Take a picture, it’ll last longer Rowan.” He said as I picked my chin up off the ground. I blushed,

“Sebastian just has some breakfast left on his face.” I said defensively flipping my hair. Sebastian put a hand to his mouth and brushed invisible crumbs away.

“Is it gone?” He said worriedly. I swallowed and nodded.

“Perfect.” I croaked. Someone poked my side, and I squealed turning and looking at the person that assaulted me. It was May, she pushed her glasses up her nose and smiled brightly at me.

“Guess who got new glasses?” She said. Her new glasses were more flattering than the last one. They were smart and cute, making her look more adult. Her blue eyes averted to the guys behind me who were rummaging through the locker to make room for Markus’ things. Her mouth made an ‘O’.

“Oh my Ghandi. Who is that?” She hissed. I clamped a hand over her mouth.

“Sebastian’s cousin. Don’t even bother, he’s an asshole.” May didn’t stop staring though, she ran a hand through her hair.

“Yeah, asshole…” She said absently. Markus turned and looked at us, his eyes lading on May. He raised an eyebrow.

“Who’s your friend?” he said, his eyes lingering on her. Sebastian looked too.

“This is May,” I said choosing my words carefully. Markus observed her thoughtfully and Sebastian had a hard look on his face.

“Your new friend?” He said judgmentally. I nodded slowly. Markus took her hand and kissed it.

“Enchante May. Those are lovely glasses you have.” He said letting go of her hand. May practically melted. I grabbed her wrist and pulled her away.

“We’ve got to go.” I grumbled as May stumbled off beside me. “See you in class.” I said to Sebastian.

“Yeah, see you in class.” Markus chanted behind us.

Before we parted ways for our classes, I warned May one last time about Markus. She was still starry eyed and in dreamland.

“May whatever you do don’t talk to Markus, I don’t trust him.” May ‘s light blue eyes searched mine.

“Well he was nice to ME…” She said holding her binder close to her chest.

“May, I’m so serious. If we’re going to be friends, you’ve got to trust me.” May sheepishly pulled on a string on her sweater.

“Fine…but he’s so hot!” she pouted as I looked back at the way we came.

“Not worth it May, not worth it.”

O O O

I went into class, dragging my feet. I wanted to go home and sleep, but that was so not going to happen now. The teacher wasn’t even in class yet which was nice, but I was still not ready to sit and listen to an hour and a half lecture on cell division or whatever.

Sebastian trudged into class, his cousin in tow. Markus obliviously looked around and caught the eye of every girl in the room. They all straightened up and ogled at him like he was a perfect movie star or something. I rolled my eyes and pulled my hoodie from my bag to roll up under my head for a nap. Sebastian passed my desk and gave me a look that screamed: SAVE ME! He sat behind me and Markus adjacent.

“You never told me you had so many pretty girls here.” Markus said smiling at a cheerleader as she giggled and turned away. Sebastian lowered his head to the desk.

“Markus, you’re here to finish up some classes and THAT’S ALL. Don’t make trouble on your first day.” He said, his voice muffled because of his head stuck in his arms. Markus looked to me and leaned back in his seat.

“And you…you’ve got a cute little friend, you know that? I could just eat her up.” He said crossing his arms over his broad chest. I gave him a dirty look as the classroom door opened.

“I’m sure you could. But back off…or else.” I threatened, turning around in my seat. He barked laughter behind me. I stared straight ahead, the teacher coming into my line of vision. It wasn’t our normal teacher either, it was a complete stranger. An extremely good looking stranger. He was unnaturally tall with sleek blonde hair and skin as pale as death. My blood ran cold and mouth drying, Markus became old news as this stranger surveyed the class with smoldering and dark eyes. His sanguine lips curved into a smile when they landed on me. And there it was…BOOM…that feeling of eyes on me that I had felt before. I swallowed as he broke eye contact and sat on the teachers desk.

“Hello class.” He said with a hypnotic voice that broke the silence of the room. “My name is Radu Desalvo, and I am beyond pleased to introduce myself to this select group of scholars. I will be taking over this class from now on, or until your instructor recovers from her…illness.” Mr. Desalvo said amusedly, pulling a pen from the breast pocket of his sharp black dress jacket. “Let’s take roll, shall we?” He said cheerfully, his protruding eyeteeth gleaming in the florescent light of the classroom.