OHSHC Drabbles

Perfection - Tamaki

Perfection-Tamaki
I twirled my long, silky black hair around my index finger and blushed. My other fingers were intertwined with Tamaki's as we strolled side by side along the brick pathway. Our first date. Finally, I thought. I had been so nervous about going out with him but I felt so relaxed now, as if it was our millionth date instead of the very first. I had never felt like this with any other man in my life. Tamaki was so amazing.
“Look how beautiful it is today,” he said happily and then turned to me “Almost as beautiful as your gorgeous violet eyes,” he added and I could feel my face becoming hot again.
“Thank you,” I said softly and moved my bangs out of my eyes so I could see him better. His smooth blonde hair glinted in the sunlight and his spectacular purple eyes sparkled as they stared into mine. “Tamaki,” I began, but then stopped myself from continuing. I was scared of what he would say if I asked him if he truly liked me. He was always flirting with other girls. How could he possibly be in love with a simple girl like me?
“Yes, my dear?” he asked.
“Oh, it's nothing. Forget about it,” I lied without hesitation.
There was something more important I wanted to ask him, though. Something that scared me even more. Was Haruhi my competition? Because I don't know if I can compete with her. She's pretty, smart and everything a guy could want. Everyone knew he had a thing for herb and it usually hadn't bothered be. But now that we were together, of course it did. But what frightened me even more is how she had been acting lately, like she liked him now, too. I am not the jealous type but I want to be the only girl he loves.
We took a seat on a wooden bench that overlooked the water. “Please tell me what's wrong, Niamyi. I hate seeing you so distraught,” he said with worry in his voice.
“It's nothing, Tamaki,” I lied once again and forced a very u8nconvincing smile his way.
“Please tell me. Maybe I could fix it,” he offered sweetly hand gave my hand an encouraging squeeze.
“Well, it's just that I worry about you and Haruhi,” I said after a moment of hesitation.
“Please don't, Nia-chan,' he insisted and pulled a lovely red rose out of his coat and handed it to me. I took it carefully, not wanting to prick myself with thorns, and raised it to my nose. I inhaled the sweet floral scent of it and thought of how whenever I saw a rose, I thought of him and the host club.
“It's hard not to. You and Haruhi have always had a history,” I said.
“I assure you, there is nothing between Haruhi and I,' he said and then raised my hand to his lips and kissed it softly. “Besides, I should be the one who worries.”
“Why?” I asked, confused.
“Have you not seen the way other men stare at you? I can't blame them, you’re so beautiful,” he said and blushed.
Really? I had never noticed anyone staring, but maybe I was oblivious to it. Jini always said I had been oblivious to the signals Tamaki had sent me before we began to go out. But Tamaki was the only one for me. “Your so wonderful, Tamaki,” I said and hugged him
I was surprised that he had only recently discovered that I liked him. I had liked him ever since I transferred to Ouran and now months had passed. At least I wasn't then only blind one.
“Look, Niamyi. The sun is setting,” he said and pointed to the horizon with his right hand.
I turned to see that the sky was filled with multiple shades of pinks, oranges and yellows. The slow was slowly inching its way out of sight. It looked so close yet it was so far. “It's amazing,” I breathed.
“Just like you,” he whispered and I turned, once again, to look into his eyes. I was about to say something but, instead, he turned to me and pressed his lips against mine. When our lips parted, I was speechless. I only smiled and so did he. We stood up “It's time to take you home now,” he frowned and we began to walk back to my house which wasn't far away at all.
We arrived at the front door of my mansion and as I raised my hand to the door, he grabbed it and pulled it back down. I turned to him once again and he kissed me again but this time it was more passionate. After about half a minute, our lips parted.
“T-Tamaki,” I stuttered, unsure of what to say. I had been kissed before, but never like that. It was so perfect, almost too good to be true.
“Shh,” he said and raised his finger to my lips “I wanted to prove to you that your the most important and only girl for me. I love you more than you know,” he said and I was stunned. How did he always know the right thing to say?
“Oh, Tamaki,” was all I said and I wrapped my arms around his neck and kissed his cheek. He kissed the top of my head softly. “I feel the same way,' I agreed quietly and looked over his shoulder to see that the moon was rising into the dark blue sky. I raised my arm to read the time off of my watch and realized that it was almost ten o'clock already. The date had seemed so short.
Though I didn't want it to end, it had been the best date of my life, and with the perfect guy. Nothing could be better.