Jade Needs an Attitude Adjustment

Jade Needs An Attitude Adjustment

Nadia stuck her tongue out. “It's homework, how's it supposed to go? It was boring, as usual. And it didn't help that you kept waving at me.” Nadia's house was right next to Beck's trailer, so they usually acted like dorks through their windows, knowing that the other would see.
“Well, I'm sorry--” Beck was cut off by the bell ringing. “Oh, gotta go. See you at lunch.”
The two walked separate directions to their classes. Suddenly, Nadia felt a hand on her collar. She turned around quickly. “Jade!” she said. “What are you doing?”
“Giving you a little warning,” she spat. “If you lay a hand on Beck, I promise you will not know what happened to you. Do I make myself clear?”
“Yeah, Jade, you do,” Nadia assured her. Jade let go and stormed off to her class. “Geez,” mumbled Nadia. “Honestly, can't she just get a life?” And she walked off to class.
○♥○
At lunch, Beck slid into the seat next to her. “Why the long face?” he asked.
“Jade threatened me,” Nadia admitted. “She said that if I tried anything with you, I'd seriously regret it. I mean, can't she just leave me alone? We're best friends, it's not like I'm gonna try anything, even if I do really like you...... Oh my God, I just said that out loud.” she slapped her hand over her gaping mouth.
“It's okay,” Beck said. He was in shock, too. “Cuz.... I kind of like you, too...... a lot.”
Slowly, Nadia leaned forward, and gently kissed him. They broke apart, foreheads touching.
“Jade needs an attitude adjustment,” he whispered before kissing her again.