Please Come Home

Tale as Old as Time, True as it Can be

“You’re looking fine this evening, Foster. You’re a little late for the party though, it’s already been busted by the police. I guess you just couldn’t resist me, could you?” His stupid smirk was the first thing I saw as I walked into the house.

“Save it for someone easy, Grant. You’re not getting into my pants.” I spat as I tried to push my way past him.

I wasn’t fast enough for him though, and within seconds he had me pinned against the wall.

“When are you just going to admit that you want me? I’m the most attractive guy in Tempe and you’re the prettiest girl. You can’t keep your nose buried in your books forever.”

“I don’t have time to deal with you. I’m looking for my brother. Have you seen him?”

Grant started laughing. “Yeah, he’s in the basement with Eric, who saved your brother’s ass by the way.”

I ignored Grant and quickly made my way down the stairs. This wasn’t how I had planned to spend my evening. My plan was to stay away from Eric Halvorsen’s massive party he was throwing in honor of graduation which had taken place a week earlier. Parties weren’t my thing and I wasn’t a fan of Eric either. Eric Halvorsen was the biggest douche bag in Tempe. Most people just put up with him because he threw great parties.

I had been in my room watching a movie when my brother had called me and said that he was in trouble. I figured the party he had been at had been busted. My brother frequently hung out with Eric and John O’Callaghan, and had been busted for underage drinking numerous times. The cops told him one more time and he’d be thrown in jail.

I finally made it to the bottom of the stairs and saw my brother sitting next to Eric on a couch.

“You had to call your sister for help, Ferris? What the fuck is she going to do? Read a book to us?” Eric laughed.

“Shove it Halvorsen.” I said before turning to Ferris. “What’s going on here?”

Ferris looked up at me with bloodshot eyes but just shrugged.

“Will someone tell me what’s going on? It’s two in the fucking morning and I don’t feel like dealing with this.”

“Whoa, Foster. There’s no need to get your panties in a wad. Wait, are you wearing panties? If you aren’t then that’s hot. If you are I’d gladly take them off for you.” Eric smirked.

“Suck my dick.” I spat.

“Gladly. Anyway your twin brother here has gotten himself into a bit of a mess. You see, the cops found out about the party that Steven was throwing and they busted it.”

“Wait, I thought you were throwing this party?” I interrupted.

Halvo laughed. “That’s the beauty of it. I told Steven I’d provide the alcohol and hot girls if he provided the house. That way he’d be the one getting in trouble when the party got busted. I can’t really throw a party at my house since my dad’s the sheriff so I find other people’s houses to use for my parties.”

“You truly are unbelievable.”

“No, I’m a genius. Anyway, like I said, the party got busted and I managed to escape down here. I didn’t really need any of my father’s co-workers to find me here. I knew Ferris would be in a hell of a lot of trouble if they found him here so I dragged him down here with me and saved his ass.”

I couldn’t believe Eric had actually done something nice. “Well thanks for helping Halvorsen. I’ll just take Ferris home now.”

“Not so fast, Foster Hamilton. Did you really think I did this out of the kindness of my heart? Fuck no. I expect something in return.”

I should have known that Eric couldn’t do anything just to be nice. He had to get something out of it also.

I groaned. “What does Ferris have to do?”

My brother looked up at me again and finally spoke. “He wants me to go to ASU and live in an apartment with him and John.”

I was furious by this point. “No fucking way, you are not going to do that.” I turned towards Eric. “My brother has a scholarship to play basketball at UCLA. He’s not going to throw that away for the fact that he owes you or whatever.”

Eric chuckled. “He can play basketball at ASU. It seems as if Ferris only has two options: he can go to ASU instead of UCLA and I won’t tell my dad about Ferris being at the party tonight or he can go ahead and go to UCLA and I’ll tell my dad. If I do that I don’t think he’ll be able to play basketball though. I’m sure UCLA won’t want someone who’s been thrown in jail playing for them, even if it was just because Ferris was underage drinking. Having your dad as the town sheriff can come in pretty handy.”

“Why do you want Ferris to live with you and John anyway?” I questioned.

“Ferris is smart and John and I will need a tutor. Plus I know our place will get messy so we’ll need Ferris around to clean it up.”

I took a deep breath before saying, “I’ll do it. I was going to go to UCLA also but ASU was my second choice so I’ll go to ASU instead and move into your apartment as long as you let Ferris go to UCLA and don’t tell your dad about this incident.”

“Foster you can’t do that.” My brother tried to argue but I shot him a dirty look to shut him up.

Eric pondered my suggestion for a moment before saying, “I like that idea. You’re even smarter than Ferris, plus you can cook for us along with cleaning. I’ll make that deal with you. In the fall you’ll move in with me and John and Ferris can do whatever the hell he wants.”

“Fine, I’ll see you when school starts. Come on Ferris, let’s go.” I said before marching up the stairs and outside towards my car.

The car ride home was silent for a few minutes before Ferris spoke up. “You shouldn’t have done that, Foster.”

“What choice did I have?” I snapped. “My twin brother is a dumbass but I couldn’t let him throw away his dream of playing basketball at UCLA just because of a stupid mistake.”

“I know, and I’m grateful you did this for me, but Eric….he’s a beast. I mean he’s manipulative, a douche, and will do anything to get what he wants.”

“I know that but I was just going to UCLA to get out of Tempe. You’re going to play basketball. I’d rather take the fall for this than you. Don’t worry, I’ll survive.”

Ferris sighed. “Thanks for doing that for me. I love you Foster.”

“I love you too Ferris.” I replied but his words kept running through my head.

Ferris was right; Eric was a beast and now I’d have to live with him for an entire year.