Sequel: This is How it Goes
Status: 1. please post comments! 2. subscribe!

The Mind Killer

One Small Moment Equals a Goodnight's Sleep

I was greeted in the morning by being shaken. I opened my eyes slowly to let them adjust to the light.
But there was none.
"Ally." I heard a young voice whisper. I looked over to the side of my bed at the alarm clock.
Two a.m.
"Carson? What are you doing up so early?"
"I had a bad dream." he whimpers.
I hold up the corner of the blanket and tuck him in beside me. Luckily my bed is queen size. "Come here." I pat the spot beside me. And then there's a thump.
"Carson? What are you doing up?" says a familiar voice.
"He had a bad dream. He's gonna sleep here with me now." I respond.
Alex comes and lays beside me. "What about me?"
"Yeah yeah, fine."
I lay my head on Alex's chest while Carson covers up and tries to sleep.
When we hear the slow breathing of Carson, we know he's asleep. "So. Why are you up anyway?" I ask Alex, talking quietly, being sure not to wake the sleeping child next to me.
"I've been up. I couldn't sleep."
I groan. It's so early in the morning, my eyes hurt, and I'm still really tired.
"Go back to sleep Ally." Alex whispers in my ear. I nod and close my eyes. Alex strokes my hair until I fall asleep.

When I wake up a little later, I'm still laying on Alex's chest, and his arm is around me protectively, while Carson somehow managed to roll off the bed at some point in the night.
Moving around, I accidently wake Alex.
"Oops, sorry." I walk over to him and give him a quick kiss on the lips.
"It's alright." he leans foward and kisses me back. "Where's Carson?"
I point to Carson laying on the floor. "He fell off the bed."
Alex hops off the bed and walks to Carson laying on the floor, still somehow sleeping. Alex picks Carson up and places him on the bed, then walks to me and places each of his hands on my shoulders. "You okay?" he asks.
"Yep. Just a little tired still. Being woken up at two in the morning makes you a little drowsy." I manage a small laugh then place my head against Alex's chest. I can hear his heart-beat.
"Come on." He guides me to the bed and makes me lay down. "Go back to sleep." Alex covers me up, tucks me in, then kisses my forehead.
Right before I give into sleep, I could sware I heard him whisper, "I love you".
♠ ♠ ♠
so i lost what was supposed to be this chapter, so i had to rewrite it. but believe me, this one is sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much bettter, and longer too.
i got the last chapter written, but i think im going to add more. so this story is almost done, but dont forget about the sequel!