Sequel: This is How it Goes
Status: 1. please post comments! 2. subscribe!

The Mind Killer

Will You Wait For Me There

1:00 A.M.
It's too early.

1:30 A.M.
It's still too early.

2:00 A.M.
Alex wakes up because I keep moving around on the bed. He jumps down from the loft.
"Ally, would you please stop moving around?" Alex sounds a little irritable. But I can't exactly blame him, because it is only two in the morning.
"Sorry." I guess Alex hears the guilt in my voice, because he comes over and sits beside me.
"What's wrong?"
"Nothing." I lie.
"You're lying."
I look down at my folded hands.
"Ally, look at me." I refuse to look up and meet his eyes. Alex puts his hand under my chin and forces me to look in his multi-colored eyes.
"I know there's something wrong. I can feel it." Alex lets go of my chin.
"I can't sleep. I can't sleep unless you're in the same bed." I warm feeling rose in my cheeks.
Alex looks down at his lap this time.
"I'm sorry." I say.
"You were honest." Alex looks back up at me and makes me lay back down. And then lays down beside me.
"You were honest." he repeats. "And I appreciate that."
I look up at the ceiling. "Alex?" I whisper.
"Yeah?" he whispers back at me.
"When you die, would you wait for me in Heaven?"
"Who said that I would die first?" Alex jokes, but then quickly turns serious. "Of course I would. I would wait an eternity if that's how long I had to wait."
I turn and look at him. "I'm so tired."
"Well then go to sleep. Because I'm here now."
I nod and lean forward to kiss him. Alex meets me halfway and kisses me first. Just lightly, and a little harder every second.
When we part, there's a little tingling left, and my heart feels like it's going to fly out of my chest.
"I love you." I whisper.
But he doesn't say anything back.

7:00 A.M.
I finally wake up, but my bed is empty of Alex. Maybe he went downstairs, I think to myself.
Downstairs, I find the t.v. on, the channel turned to SpongeBob, and Alex is sitting up, laughing a little at Patrick's stupidity.
"Hey." I walk over and sit on the couch beside him.
Alex gives a small wave and goes back to watching the t.v.
Putting his arm around me, I lay my head on his shoulder.
Together, we sit and watch Patrick and SpongeBob make stupid jokes, annoy Squidward, and help Sandy out with experiments.
"So, about last night-" I begin, but Alex cuts me off with a kiss.
"I love you, too, Ally."
I smile, and try to hide a yawn, but Alex sees before I can cover my mouth. He lifts my head off his shoulder and places me on his lap.
He leans down and whispers in my ear, "Go back to sleep." I can feel goosebumps on the back of my neck.
Alex places on hand on my waist, and the other on my thigh, cradling me against him.
"Don't ever leave me." I whisper, before I give into my drowsiness.