Sequel: This is How it Goes
Status: 1. please post comments! 2. subscribe!

The Mind Killer

1 Week Earlier

*1 week ago* ( my house)
~The world goes black~

A faint light shines in a room. Animal posters are taped and tacked all around the room. Joseph's room. Joseph is laying on his bed with a rat on his chest, nibbling on little x shaped bits. No. It's a guinea pig. Eating.
Joseph gets up, and puts his pet back into the cage. He locks the cage and walks over to his. The chair is slid out. One foot. Now the other is on the chair.
He takes a tack off his desk and pins up a crooked poster. He puts one foot on the chair to get back down. The chair slides out from under him, and he falls onto the ground, head first.
His head makes a thumping noise, and he lay limp. Someone comes running up the stairs and opens the door. His mother. She sees him and runs over to him, tears rolling down her face already. She runs out of the room. Once she's back, she has the phone stuck between her head and shoulder.
"No, he's not breathing. I don't feel a pulse." she says, bawling her eyes out.

I wake up. Tears and sweat run down my face.
Joseph is my friend. He may only be ten, but he's still cool. We would walk around outside, and go bird-watching, and fishing, all in one day.
I get up, and walk to my room. Upstairs. Turn left. Walk straight. I memorize the directions to my room. I open the door, walk in, shut it, and find my way to my secret hideout, that not even my parents know about.
When we first moved here, my parents looked up and found a really high window. They tried to find out where it was inside, but soon gave up because of not enough time to explore.
I climb the ladder, and replace the curtain that goes over the ladder.
Natasha Bedingfield plays very quietly on the radio. I turn the volume, so I can hear her.
The window (yeah, it was up here, my parents just didn't find it) blows a fresh fall breeze into the loft. It caresses my face. The curtain flows back so I can see out the window. There's a boy who catches my eye. He holds my gaze for a beautiful second, before he turns around, and walks away.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments anyone? I had a better chapter at first, then i lost it, so i had to rewrite. so this one has a little bit of unexplained stuff. thanks<3