Sequel: This is How it Goes
Status: 1. please post comments! 2. subscribe!

The Mind Killer

A Deep, Dark Time

I sat there with my knees against my chest. Nothing felt the same. It was really hard to act normal around my parents.
I helped that lady die. I encouraged her to kill herself. I felt like a horrible person.
Not even Carson could cheer me up. He colored me pictures and read me stories, but nothing seemed to work.
One night, I could hear Steven, Aidan, and Alex whispering amongst themselves.
"I've never seen her like this," I could hear Alex whisper.
"I don't think any of us had been this depressed when we had no idea how to control the visions." Steven said.
"I think we need to start her training now. It's a little sooner than I would've hoped, and even we didn't start this early, but I don't think she could handle another vision without thinking about suicide afterwords." Alex said.
"Agreed," Steven said, "But we all know that she's not a normal Mind Killer. She's a girl, and all the Mind Killers I know are guys."
"I don't know how to cheer her up. But I think I have an idea that might help." I heard Aidan whisper.
I didn't know what Aidan was planning, and I didn't even know if he had told Alex and Steven.

The next weekend, I still wasn't out of my depression. Aidan could tell. He tried holding my hand, and sleeping in my bed with me at night, but still, nothing worked.
The next night, Aidan sat in a corner in my room with me. He slipped me onto his lap like I weighed nothing.
"What happened in your vision?" He asked me.
"I really don't want to talk about it." I answered.
"Please tell me. It will help you feel better. I promise." He took my pinkie and wrapped it around his pinkie. "I pinkie swear that telling me what happened will help you."
I hesitated. Did I really want to tell him? Then I thought of the real question I should be asking myself. Do I want to feel better?
So I told him.
"A lady in her 20's was standing in front of a mirror crying. She said that she was fat and ugly."
Tears filled my eyes, envisioning what happened in that vision.
"Then she got a plastic bag and suffocated herself." The tears spilled out, landing on my shirt and pants that I had on for two days straight now.
"It hurts so much to think that I helped her do that. I encouraged her to kill herself." I started bawling into my hands. I was trembling with how scared I was that I had a horrible power to make people kill themselves.
"It's okay, Ally." Aidan whispered into my ear. "I know it's hard to deal with this, but I promise, you will get through this."
I laid my head on Aidan's shoulder. He started stroking my hair.
Aidan lifted my head up.
♠ ♠ ♠
What happened?! Why did I stop there? because the answer will be in my next chapter. So what do you think Aidan's gonna do? What do you think his plan is to get Ally out of her depression?