Status: In the works

Crash

Jump In

Amelia
The past

“Amelia get up now I’m not going to tell you again!”

“Alright I’m up!”

I shouted down to my mother as I flipped onto my stomach, digging my face further into the pillow as the warmth radiating from my covers engulfed me. It was currently winter here in England and the weather, especially on a day like today was bitter and harsher than ever this month. Jumping out of my bed I made my way over to my dresser before slipping my uniform on, picking up my straighteners I quickly straightened a few strands of hair. It was pointless for me to do so however, my hair was naturally thick and would instantly frizz at even the slightest change in humidity.

I applied some foundation swiftly to cover some spots up that came as part of being a teenager and twisted a stray piece of my mousy brown hair around my finger, before trying to hide it by tucking it behind my ear. Making my way to my en suite I grabbed my toothbrush and guided the bristles along the metal contraption in my mouth – oh did I forget to mention I also was stuck with braces and if that wasn’t bad enough either, I had a pair of boring, thin black framed glasses that did nothing for my appearance.

Now you might think why is all of this important? Well when you’re in a Secondary School like mine, looks are everything. If you wanted to be in with the populars you needed a perfect figure, perfect complexion, pin straight or beautiful curled hair and a variety of make-up at your fingertips – none of which applied to me.

In my first few months at starting Secondary School just over 2 years ago I made some good friends, they weren’t popular or unpopular; we kind of just were stuck in the middle. The popular kids if we were lucky enough might say hello to us in passing but they’d never go out of their way to hang with us. Now I was in my first few months in Year 9 and all of these rules just seemed to be escalated to higher levels.

-

“See you guys at lunch okay?”

Waving goodbye to my friends Jemma, Kelly, Sian, Amy and Ellie I left them on the first floor of English and made the trip up the two extra flights of stairs with my friends Anna and Jess to get the top floor of English where my class was. We were five minutes early but it didn’t bother us, we slouched down against the wall and sat down awaiting the arrival of our teacher to let us into the class. She was taking forever however…

“Ahh Miss Lloyds class? Well there has been a muck up with the class timetables that has only been discovered we need to sort the whole of the English department out…bare with me”

The short substitute explained and a collective groan came from the whole of our class who were slowly getting irritated at having to sit outside. 10 minutes later and after Jess had stopped cursing under her breath, the substitute returned with a list of names on a piece of paper.

“Right can these people continue into their normal class, your teacher has now changed to Miss Brown however. Amelia, Jess, Anna, Steph, Tom, Chris, Becca, Ellie, Dan, Damon, Johny and Connor”

Standing up and dusting down my trousers for any dirt we all followed into our normal class and claimed our seats. Jess and Anna taking the middle desk right at the back, I followed by sitting alone in the desk in front of them. Eventually the almost empty class started to fill up as students from other English classes started to file in, followed also by a flustered and out of breath Miss Brown.

My attention however wasn’t directed to her for long, it was immediately captured by the boy who was the last to walk through and instantly my breath hitched into my throat. His sandy colored, styled hair stuck up perfectly in all the right directions which made his piercing blue eyes stand out even more in contrast, he had a perfect jaw line and stood at about 5’7 with an athletic physique. He was the type of guy that would make any girl swoon. He of course was Danny Cliffton.

“Urm Danny take the seat next to Amelia please”

Danny looked at me momentarily his eyes analyzing me skeptically and under his gaze I instantly felt self conscious about my looks, something which never really bothered me up until now. Reluctantly he came and sat down beside me, nervously I looked down at my English book writing the date and title from the whiteboard, after that I dropped my pen and decided to start a conversation to save the awkwardness later.

“I’m Amelia”

I spoke politely and put on a smile as I directed it towards Danny, for a minute I thought he didn’t hear me – he just carried on writing, was he ignoring me? I wouldn’t blame him to be honest, he was probably part of the popular group, and it looked like he was born to belong there. Talking to someone like me could damage his reputation to say the least.

“I heard the teacher say your name just fine thanks”

He spoke in monotone and continued to scribble down in the yellow notebooks we were assigned for English, I heard Jess scoff in shock from behind me at his attitude but I shrugged it off and turned my attention to Miss Brown. I was used to be treated like that from people like him – this was going to be one hard year of English.
♠ ♠ ♠
So check out the chapter bit for a young Amelia, Jess and everyone else. Danny doesn't hardly change at all through this story so yeah :)

Comment tell me what you think about it, this is my first original fic :3

Btw this will in the past for most of the start and then eventually go to the present ;D