‹ Prequel: Just Keep Breathing.
Sequel: In No Hurry.
Status: Completed.

Call Me Hopeless, But Not Romantic.

Not without a fight.

My phone began to ring in my pocket as I made my way back to the street Macy lived on. I quickly pulled it out hoping it was her but instead it was Oli's name flashing on my screen.

"Yeah?" I answered and he instantly spoke, "Matt where are yeh?"

"Um, near tha apartment. Is she home?"

"Come to tha bus."

"But..."

"Just do it and I'll explain."

"Where tha fuck is Macy?"

"Matt! Come here now!" He said loudly before hanging up on me. That was enough to get me to literally run back to the bus. By the time I reached it I couldn't breathe but that was the least of my worries.

Once I walked on I noticed Tom cuddling Katie who was crying into his shirt and I froze.

"Why is she cryin'?" I managed to ask.

Everyones eyes then shifted to me.

"Why the fuck is she cryin'?!" I asked louder and Oli entered from the bunk area.

"Chill out." He said too calmly for my liking.

"If someone doesn't tell me what's goin' on i'm gonna get propa pissed!"

"Mate sit down!"

I quickly did as I was told and the bus started moving.

"Macy had an accident."

I gave him a confused look as he continued, "so we're goin' to the hospital."

"I'm confused..."

"Macy is in tha hospital."

"Why? Did she call yeh? What's wrong?" I said all too quickly.

"Apparently a car wreck and they called the last person on her phone and it was Tom."

"Is she ok?" I managed to get out.

"We don't know mate..."

"This is all meh fault." I mumbled tugging on my hair as I felt my chest tighten. If she wasn't ok I don't know what I would do with myself.

Once at the hospital Jona held onto my shoulder in order to attempt tp keep me from running in.

"I'm sure she's fine mate." Jona said calmly.

We reached the desk and the nurse showed us which waiting room to wait in and that the doctor would be out to talk to us since we lied and told them Tom and Oli were her brothers.

"Oh my god. Oh my god." I repeated as I paced the tiled floor.

"Matt! Chill tha fuck out!" Oli shouted.

"I can't! This is Macy!" I spat back quickly.

"Well 'parently yeh don't care bout her anyways." He said and I would have lunged at him if Jona didn't grab my arm.

"Guys come on this isn't the time." Leslie interjected.

"Fuck yeh Oli." I grumbled as Matt shoved me in a seat.

Before he could respond a doctor walked in and all eyes went to him.

"Are you all for Miss Sykes?"

"Yes sir." Tom said jumping from his seat quickly.

"I'm Dr. Patton, your sister should be fine. She broke her wrist and she's a bit banged up but nothing severe. The nurse can take you to her room if you would like."

"Yes sir. Thank you."

The doctor gave him a nod and left the small room.

His eyes shot to me as relief washed through me.

"Well come on." He said and I jerked my head up, "huh?"

"Don't yeh wanna see her?"

I nodded quickly and got up looking over at Oli who did not seem happy about this.

"Oh yeah. I'm sure she will be thrilled ta see him." He stated crossing his arms.

Tom rolled his eyes and we walked out of the room right as the nurse came up.

"Follow me." She said with a smile and we nodded following slowly behind her.

"She won't be happah..." I mumbled about Macy.

"She'll get over it."

"Look, all I wanted to know was that she was ok and since she is well, I'm ok..."

"Mate yeh love her. Yeh not givin' up that easily." He said as we reached her room.

We thanked the nurse and Tom opened the door as nerves filled my stomach.

"Yeh first." He said shoving me in and I groaned as he closed the door behind me.

Macy was sitting on the bed staring at her wrist that was now in a cast. I cleared my throat and her head shot up.

"I have neva been so worried in meh whole life. If yeh eva do somefin so wreckless and dramatic again I'll bloody kill yeh mehself." I said seriously.

"Well I am young remember?" She said rolling her eyes. I ignored her and walked over sitting on the edge of her bed.

"My lil bird is gonna have a black eye." I said brushing my fingers under her eye.

"I'm not your bird." She mumbled.

"Yeh should be." I whispered running my fingers over her jaw as I scanned her face to make sure there wasn't any other damage.

"So yeh gonna tell meh what happened baby?" I asked and she sighed clearly realizing I wasn't going to leave her alone.

"I was just driving around and this stupid little dog ran out in the road and I mean, I wasn- going to hit it so I swerved and when I did a car was turning out."

A grin hit my lips, "so tha dog is ok?"

"He better be."

"Only yeh would risk yeh life for a animal."

She shrugged, "well it was little..."

I leaned in and kissed her nose, "yeh so lovely."

"So I almost die and you're nice now?"

I sighed, "tha fought bout livin' wifout yeh was worse then imagined."

"Please go." She said softly.

"I didn't mean what I said earlia. Yeh juss make me frustrated."

She shrugged, "Like you said, I don't know you."

I groaned, "can we not fight right now?"

"We aren't fighting. Just stating the facts. Can you get Tom?"

I sighed as I got up, "Yeah. Course."

She nodded and looked away from me. I forced myself to leave the room an Tom was leaned against the wall.

"She propa hates meh." I grumbled and he patted my shoulder, "well yeh can make it up to her by stayin' tonight. The docta said she hit her head and wants to keep her tonight to make sure she's fine."

I nodded and he went into the room. I sighed and slid down the wall resting my face in my hands. I'd stay for her of course, even though she seemed to hate me which, she should because I was rude and horrible.

I watched everyone go in and out the room as I kept my seat in the floor.

"Well new car I come!" Leslie said and I chuckled, "well that's neva a bad fing."

"Nah. You staying with her tonight?" She asked and I nodded, "Yeah, if she doesn't have me carried out."

She gave me a grin, "I wouldn't worry about it. She loves you."

"I honestly don't know anymore..."

"Then you're stupid. You know how many guys are after her?"

"I can imagine." I grumbled not even liking the thought.

"But yet she's oddly turned all of the down. There is always something she doesn't like, always an excuse."

"Doesn't mean nuffin."

She grinned, "it does. When she found out you were here she cried."

"That's 'pose ta make meh feel betta?" I asked with a raised eyebrow.

"Yeah! She cried because she knew if he saw you, she would feel everything again."

I sighed and leaned my head against the wall as Oli came out of the room and closed the door behind him.

"We're leavin'. I hear one fing bout yeh, I'll hurt yeh. Yeh got meh?"

"When did yeh and Tom switched roles?" I asked and he rolled his eyes before walking off.

"Be sweet." Leslie said and I nodded as she walked off and I forced myself from the floor.

I breathed in as I opened her door and she groaned, "aren't you leaving?"

"I volunteered ta stay wif yeh."

"Oh great."

I nodded and sat in a chair next to her.

"I don't need a babysitter."

"Parently yeh do."

She rolled her eyes and laid back against the pillow. The room was silent and I simply watched her as she fiddled with the cast covering her arm.

"Wanna draw on my cast?" She asked and a grin hit my lips, "yeah."

She scooted over and I gently climbed beside her as he handed me a sharpie.

She relaxed her arm on my leg and I ran my fingers over hers as I got comfortable.

She relaxed against me as the silence took over again. This time I welcomed it. It was a comfortable silence I had missed.

"Your hand writing looks like a 5th graders." She said and I chuckled, "well that's not insultin' or anyfing."

She giggled and I continued doodling on her cast.

I wrote I love you over her cast and a grin hit my lips because I drew a heart and only wrote a u.

"Now I'm a 5th grader."

She laughed and I couldn't help but chuckle.

"Yeh hungry, love?" I asked remembering she didn't eat earlier.

She shrugged and I capped the sharpie, "is that a yes? Cause I'll go get yeh somefin'."

"You don't have to."

"But I will cause I am hungry too."

"Ok then yeah."

I pressed my lips to her cheek before climbing from the bed.

"No pizza." She said giving me a serious look and I laughed, "Ok darlin'. No pizza."

I decided to make a quick trip to some burger place that was across the street from the hospital. I had to say I was a bit happier now then when this all started. Then again, I couldn't get my hopes up just yet.

"Burgas ok?" I asked opening the door.

She nodded with a grin and I pulled up a chair beside her.

"Thanks."

"Hey, no problem." I said pulling out the stuff from the bag.

"I'm ready to go." She said before shoving a fry in her mouth.

I laughed, "I know."

She sighed and we ate in silence.

"You know, you don't have to stay." She said as I threw everything into the trash.

"I know. I want to. I don't want to leave yeh 'lone. Maybeh yeh should get some sleep." I said pulling the cover over her.

"Maybe you should go home and get some sleep."

I chuckled, "I'll sleep when I'm dead."

She sighed and I knew she was getting sleepy because her eyes were heavy and she was willingly holding my hand.

"And sleep is for the weak, right?" She joked.

I laughed, "right my love."

I brought my hand to her lips and she closed her eyes.

"I do miss you." She said softly.

I brought my hand to her cheek, "I know."

"And I was just as sad."

I sighed and leaned down to her, "I know baby." I whispered against her cheek before kissing it.

"Lay with me." She said and I didn't hesitate to move to the bed with her. She fit comfortably against my chest as I snuggled her to me.

"I love yeh." I whispered against her hair as she fell asleep.

I was not going to let her go again. Not without a fight, that I was certain of.
♠ ♠ ♠
This could be the start of a good thing! Maybe... ;)

Thanks for commenting;
Lexin3d
StellaSykes (awe my first fan girl! How cute! Haha no but for realz, I'm glad you feel that way about my stories. You're awesome! )
khairena (if she ran into him, Matt would be history. Once you go Franceshi you don't go back. Haha.)
WhoAreYouJudy
MyEscapeTheFate
Marcellaandrade