‹ Prequel: Just Keep Breathing.
Sequel: In No Hurry.
Status: Completed.

Call Me Hopeless, But Not Romantic.

I've seen you before in pictures.

As I laid on my couch waiting for sleep to take over, my phone vibrated from its position on the floor beside me.

I groaned and threw my hand over trying to feel around for it.

Once I grabbed it, I opened the text only to let out a laugh.

'I left my book in your car.'

'Macy I assume simply because I don't randomly pick up high school girls nor do I know anyone who reads books.'

'That's so very sad.'

'Yeah, I wish I picked up high school birds more often too.'

'Haha. Creepier. So that's why you wanted to take me huh?'

'Yes. How did yeh know. ;) You coming tomorrow or what?! Or do I need to keep your book hostage!'


'Meanie. Yeah, I'm coming.'

'Greeattt. See you then, and I might bring your book with me. :)'

'Better. I know where you live.'

'Yeah, gonna just show up randomly so you can see my sexy arms again?'

'I hate you. Bye.'

'Hahaha. Don't worry. I drum with my shirt off. ;) goodnight."

'oh thank god! (That is sarcasm btw)....you're an idiot. :p later.'

I laughed as I placed my phone back on the floor.

Oh that girl.

I quickly fell asleep and I woke up around noon the next day. Our show wasn't until 6 but I went ahead and showered and got dressed for the day.

I fought the urge I oddly had to text Macy and I decided to just go to Oli's house instead. I never heard anything about the doctor visit they had so pretending to be interested would take my mind off of things.

"Well hello!" Oli said opening the door and I rolled my eyes, "Hey..."

I walked in and sat down as he closed the door.

"Well?" I asked and he gave me a confused look.

"What is tha fuckin' genda of yeh kid?!"

"Oh. It's a boy." He said with a grin.

I nodded, "congrats man."

"Yeah a bit scared now. I mean, now it's like real..."

I laughed, "was it eva not?"

"Yeh know what I mean." He said rolling his eyes.

"Yeah, it'll be ok though. Yeh and Lexi will be propa good parents."

"Fanks mate. Are yeh juss sayin' this cause yeh want in my cousins pants?"

I glared at him, "fuck Tom! He doesn't know anyfing! No I don't want in her pants. I mean, bloody hell, I'm nice ta one person and I'm automatically a douche bag."

He chuckled, "juss sayin' she's a bit young for yeh mate."

"Look, all I wanted ta do was help tha bird. She's nice. I felt bad for her. The end."

He nodded, "well I 'preciate it."

"Welcome. Can we go get some food, I'm starvin' my arse off!"

He chuckled, "Yeah, I fink tha guys were wantin' ta go before we went ta tha venue so can yeh hold off for a few?"

I groaned, "Ugh."

"Call Macy she'll go wif yeh." He teased.

"Sod off." I grumbled crossing my arms causing him to laugh.

"I fink she fancies yeh."

"What?" I asked looking over at him.

He nodded with a smile, "she told me yeh were fit."

"She did not."

"Yes she did. Why would I lie bout me own cousin?"

"Well, she did tell meh I had nice arms."

"See..."

I smirked and he gave me a stern look, "don't try nuffin."

"I'm not! Jeez..." I mumbled.

Once 3 hit Oli finally decided we could meet up with everyone and get food which I couldn't be happier about.
Of course, Macy was included in those people we were meeting. She was sitting next to Katie laughing cutely and I breathed in deeply as I followed Oli and sat across the table from her.

She looked over at me and smiled, "Hey. Did you bring my book?"

I chuckled, "No. I didn't drive. No worries lil bird. Yeh will get it."

She rolled her eyes and I laughed causing Oli to elbow me. I shot him a look and he smirked.

"Sod off." I mumbled as I looked down at the menu on the table.

We ate silently and I kept glancing over at Macy simply because, well, I found her profoundly beautiful. It was odd I know, but she was. Her eyes were a stunning blue colored and it contradicted with her dark long hair, I couldn't get past it although, I knew I should. She was after all still in school I'm sure that was illegal or something, I don't know...

"Yeh like her." Oli said laughing as he and I got in his car along with Lexi and Lee.

"I do not! Fuck. Last time I will eva be nice 'gain!" I grumbled crossing my arms.

"She's prettah brill." Lee stated and Lexi nodded.

"Course she is! She's meh bloody cousin!" Oli stated and I rolled my eyes as we drove to the venue.

I couldn't get out of the car fast enough once we arrived. I was ready to play and I couldn't wait to clear my head.
We made our way to the dressing room and I fell onto the couch as I played with my drumsticks waiting impatiently.

"Is this what you do to get yourself pumped up?" I heard and looked up to see Macy.

I smiled, "tryin' ta calm myself first."

She nodded and I smirked, "so, yeh fink I'm fit, aye?"

"What?" She asked placing her hands on her hips.

I laughed, "Juss what I heard."

"I mean, your body is." She said and I chuckled, "Oh so my face isn't?"

"Nahhh."

I laughed, "wow. Sweet yeh are."

She grinned, "kidding, you're not too bad looking."

"Yeah, yeh aren't eitha." I said getting up from the couch.

"Where is everyone else?" I asked and she shrugged, "walking around."

"Oh and did yeh come lookin' for meh?" I asked with a smirk and she rolled her eyes, "Hardly. I went to find the restroom."

"Sureee." I joked.

She laughed and I grabbed her hand, "come on I'll show yeh were it is since yeh want ta be round meh anyways."

"Sorry to disappoint but I don't go for old men."

"Yeh know I love yeh sarcasm. Propa amusin'." I said as we reached the bathrooms.

"Look what this says lil bird, women's." I said pointing to the sign on the door.

"Smart one you are." She said shoving me lightly causing me to laugh, "do yeh want meh ta wait for yeh?"

"You're being mean."

I laughed, "am not. Shoo." I said waving her off.

I smiled and leaned against the wall. Maybe I did sort of, I don't know, like her. Maybe I was just drawn to her witty personality. She was a lot like me, yet completely different. it made me curious to find out more.

"Are yeh becomin' a creepa now?" I heard and looked over to see Lee.

"Um, no. Waitin' on Macy."

"Ah, Oli's cousin. He said yeh fancy her."

I rolled my eyes, "I do not."

He nodded with a grin, "Looks like it."

"She dooesn't know her way round here yeh bloke."

He nodded with an amused look on his face but before he could speak Macy walked out of the bathroom.

"Hey Lee." She said with a grin and he waved at her.

"Seriously?!" I said giving her an unbelievable look.

She laughed, "What?"

"Nuffin. I fink yeh lyin'!"

"Me?!"

"Yes! It's juss unbelievable that yeh know everyone but meh! Oli's like me bess mate."

She smiled, "Well, I may have seen you before in pictures but that's it."

"Mhm, don't believe it."

Lee laughed as he slung his arm over her shoulders, "Oh lay off of Macy."

"Thank you Lee."

I rolled my eyes as we made our way to the side of the stage.

"People are arrivin'." Jona said looking out the curtain.

"No shit. Well we go on in ten." Oli said walking out onto the stage. I sighed and pulled my shirt off before grabbing up my drum sticks.

"Wanna touch meh arm?" I asked Macy and she shoved me lightly.

I gave her a laugh and sent a wink her way before taking my seat in front of my drums.

"Watch it." Jona said giving me a look and I shrugged as I noticed Tom glaring at me.

I didn't care honestly. I knew I wasn't trying aything on her so there was no reason for him to be worried.

The show started and I couldn't help but glance at Macy occasionally just to see how she was reacting to the show.

She eventually caught me looking at her and I stuck my tongue out causing her to laugh. A smile hit my lips as Oli introduced the next song.

Ok. So, she was cute. Sue me.

Once the show ended I wiped my face with a towel before getting up from my seat. My heart was still beating out of my chest as I made my way to the side of the stage.

"So did yeh like tha show lil bird?" I asked messing Macy's hair up as I reached for a bottled water behind where she was standing.

"Yeah, pretty good. Almost as good as the first one I went to." She said grabbing my water from my hand and I gave her a confused look as she walked away.

I just started laughing. She was something else.

"And yeh say yeh don't like her...go showa yeh bloke." Jona said patting my back and I rolled my eyes as I headed to the dressing room. I was going to ask her what she meant that was for sure.

I quickly showered and put on fresh clothes before going to find the others.

"Ready ta go?" I asked walking up to Tom and Katie.

"I don't know, are yeh or yeh wanna go find Macy?" He asked and I crossed my arms, "Sod off."

"I think it's cute." Katie said and I rolled my eyes, "nuffin ta find cute."

"hey, has she been ta one of our shows before?" I asked.

"Yeah, I fink she went to one a few months ago."

"A few months ago huh? She is a propa good lia'." I said chuckling, "I'll be back."

I quickly went on a mission and it didn't take long for me to find her chatting it up with Matt and Lexi.

"Macy!" I yelled and she spun around to look at me.

"Yeh are a lia'." I said with a smirk as I crossed my arms.

"How so?"

"Yeh came to one of our shows a few months ago."

"So?"

"So? That means yeh knew what I looked like yet yeh pretended not ta know meh."

"Ok techincally I didn't. I mean, you looked sort of familiar but it's not like I stared at you at the last show, so I was unsure and I never knew your name."

I smirked and she crossed her arms, "anything else Mr. Nicholls?"

I chuckled, "Nope."

"So we're done here?"

"Hardly."

She rolled her eyes, "well what else would you like to discuss?"

I chuckled, "I don't know, I juss like frustratin' yeh."

"I can tell. Good for me that I'm not easily frustrated." She said patting my arm as she passed me.

"Did yeh do that juss ta cop a feel?" I asked and she laughed not bothering to turn around.

I smiled as I watched her walk over to Katie.

"Starin' at her isn't helpin' yeh case." Lee said and I rolled my eyes, "I'm not starin' at her..."

"yeh are."

"Can we go?"

He chuckled and we rounded up everyone to leave.

"Do you like Macy?" Katie asked once we got in the car.

I groaned, "oh my god. If someone else ask me that I'll go mental."

"Well juss seems like it."

"I barely know tha bird!"

"doesn't mean you can't have a crush on her."

"Me? Have a crush? Yeh mental." I said with a laugh.

She smiled, "right..."

I gave her a look and sighed, "Ok, so she's reallah prettah, but I don't know her and she's young so yeah..."

"Not really. You act like an 18 year old kid so..."

"Hey!"

She laughed and I crossed my arms, "don't tell Tom I said that ok?"

"I won't."

I sighed as we drove back to our apartment in silence. There clearly was no point in arguing about it.
♠ ♠ ♠
My birthday is in a few days! :3 saying that, there might not be an update tomorrow because I'm celebrating it then since it's during the week. But I'll try.

Anyways, Thanks to;
Nicholas Matthews
StellaSykes hahaha.
Lexin3d (I wish it was still school, but unfotunately it's work...haha)
Colorful_dinos