You Can Take All the Pain Away From Me

Nothings going to change my world

November2004
Mikes P.O.V.

"Mikes,C'mon!" Lilly called as we got to our seats.

So here I was at the My Chemical Romance concert. Lilly brought me here because she really wanted me to like them. I wasn't in to them really. I wasn't sure why though. Probably it was because I didn't really want to listen to anything else next to the music I was listening to now. I felt that I really didn't need to change anything. But that wasn't what Lilly thought. I knew she could have brought somebody else but no. She had to bring me. We practically had other friends who liked them. We had friends who would be psyched to go. But I just wasn't one of them. And she could have brought Freddie her boyfriend. But still no. And how about me? I haven't had a boyfriend since.... last February. I haven't really had time for that cause I wanted to get the comic book I was making finished so I could get it submitted and published already. But I mean, it was probably going to take awhile.

Lilly was one of my best friends. Like what kind of friend would you be if you brought one of your friends to a concert with backstage passes? You'd be a best friend. A really good friend. The kind you would probably die for.

I couldn't believe that she got backstage passes, and brought me. I though it was a total waste to bring me. And how she got it? Her cousin worked where the concert was going to be held. Plus she got seats near the stage.

I bet if I told a fan that I got backstage passes and it wasn't a big deal for me I would have gotten punched or hit. Something like that.

And to be honest I never told this to anybody but I sort of had a 'small' crush on Gerard the lead singer. I thought if I told Lilly she would try to get me even more to like My Chem. And how I started to like him? You think that seeing their picture a lot you don't get anything out of it? Well you do and I started to like Gerard out of that but I managed to keep it a secret. It really wasn't a big crush like I said. It was a tiny one. The kind you get on a classmate you have a crush one just for the hell of it.

And I actually thought that I could have been doing something better. I seriously thought that. Like,listening to The Misfits or playing my guitar or thinking of a new comic to make. But no.

But anyways we got to our seats already.

"Lilly, I know that I'm not a big fan of this but thanks for bringing me here," I said giving her a smile. "No problem I still want you to become a fan of this and if this doesn't work God knows what will," she giggled.

Before I could say anything else the lights went off and the announcer said that the concert was going to start. And before we knew it the concert started.

*********

After the concert.......

The concert was great but Lilly thought it was amazing. So we got backstage, and I wanted to look around but Lilly really wanted to look for the band. So I just followed her. We finally get to this tent where a bunch of people were like camera guys and stuff. But it wasn't really crowded. And then we saw them they were sitting around a table and like drinking coke and stuff. "Lilly, look over there," I told her without trying my best to point at them. "Oh My God! I'm gonna go say hi okay?" she went over to them so I just followed. Once she got there I stood behind her.

"Hi!" Lilly said to them
.
"Oh, hi" Frank said.

"So did you like the concert?" Ray asked.

"Yeah, I loved it," Lilly answered.

"Hey, I can't help but notice that someone is behind you," Gerard said. Oh my God its that guy. The guy I had a small crush on.

I had a feeling he was talking about me. Shit, why me? What if I screw up when I talk to him? What if... what if...? No more reasons I guess.

"Oh, thats Mikes" Lilly said pointing at me.

"Hi," Gerard said giving me a smile. I couldn't help but also say hello. "Hi," I just said.

"Hey, you know if you're not doing anything you wanna hang out with us for awhile? Like have a few cokes?" Mikey insisted.

"Uh yeah sure, I would like that," Lilly said.

So I sat down beside Gerard. I didn't plan to, I just did.

So after like half an hour of talking to the band and a few cigarettes we decided to leave. It's not that Lilly didn't want to stay its just that we needed a ride. We needed to get a cab or something because we didn't bring my car and Lilly's car was broken and beat up and it hasn't been working in months. And why didn't we bring my car? Because well I just didn't want to. It was her idea to go here and I didn't want to waste gas on that. So we went to the parking lot and saw nothing there. There weren't any cars or taxi's there was only a big bus and its door was opened. So we decided to check it out.

"Hey, Lilly you wanna check that bus out? What if we can get on it?" I asked.

"I don't know you wanna?" Lilly shrugged but agreed.

-EnD oF cHaPtEr OnE-
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey to all!Thanks for reading this! I appreciate it. This is like he first chapter of You can take all the pain away from me. This is my first fan fic I'm doing so I'm hoping all of you will like it!
Comments are greatly appreciated. :]