Sequel: Consequence
Status: Slow Updates

Wasted

1.

Autumn kept her eyes on the road while her fingers scrambled through her bag for her pack of cigarettes and she muttered under her breath how the inside of her bag was another dimension.
Once her fingers felt the familiar box of nicotine she grabbed a cigarette from inside and carefully lit it with her other hand and balanced her knees on the steering wheel.

She smiled when she inhaled the smoke and felt the rush of nicotine drown itself inside her.

Her phone vibrated against the dashboard and she lazily picked it up, pressing the speaker button.

“Talk to me.” She spoke up, so they could hear her apart from the cars rushing past her and the random sounds her car made.

“Hey Autumn,” she recognized Frank’s voice and smiled, “please tell me you’re not working today.”

Autumn smiled and held her phone in the hand away from the window, hiding it from the possible cops lurking around in the streets.

“No, I’m actually on my way home from work. What’s up?”

“Well, this is going to sound really sketchy and please don’t turn the idea down as soon as you hear me offer you what I have to say.”

Autumn rolled her eyes and inhaled another puff of smoke from her cigarette, “Of course not, go on.”

”You remember my friend Mikey, right?” Frank started but resumed before Autumn could respond, “it’s his birthday tonight and we’re all going to this karaoke bar downtown and if you came with us I’m sure the bouncer wouldn’t card us.”

Autumn laughed and threw the rest of her cigarette out of the window, “Really Frank? You think because a girl is in front of you the bouncer will care less?”

”It worked that time at Joe’s bar, didn’t it?” She could hear the smirk in his voice and cursed her cousin for being a year shy of 21 and relying on her noticeable breasts to get him and his buddies through the ropes towards the alcohol and older women.

“Doesn’t Mikey have an older brother?”

“Yeah but with a girl we’re guaranteed to get in. Please Autumn, I’ll make it up to you I swear. I’ll even help you grade papers this Sunday.”

She sighed and rubbed her forehead; her headache from earlier had faintly disappeared and she didn’t have an excuse other than she was tired.

But it was Friday and she was in need of a good time after another stressful week of work.

She silently hated herself for giving in but she couldn't resist the chance of free alcohol and a good time with Frank and his friends.

"When and where?"

-

Autumn's footsteps could be heard from a few feet away and Frank knew it was his cousin when he turned and saw her dressed in a fringed dress and her usual pair of platforms.

Her shoulder's weren't fazed by the cold winter breeze and a smile dangled on her lips as she met up with Frank and Mikey in line for the kareoke bar.

"Happy birthday Mikey." Autumn pulled him into a hug and Mikey grinned from ear to ear when he hugged her back.

"Thanks. You were originally invited tonight. Frank just wanted to sound like a douche bag over the phone."

Autum shrugged and playfully shoved Frank, "You need to turn 21 so I don't have to show out my boobs a little more to get you into bars."

Frank slightly grimaced and put his hands up, "Your breasts are not in my vocabulary."

"You said breasts already and you were referring to me, so you contradicted yourself." She smirked and heard Mikey laugh beside her.

"Yeah whatever," Frank muttered and looked around the line for the rest of the guys who were supposed to show up.

"Who else is coming?" Autumn asked when she noticed it was just them in line with other strangers.

"Gerard and Ray but they were probably at the comic book store drooling over the new issues." Frank took a cigarette out and lit it. Autumn took it before he could take a drag and she intercepted.

Frank rolled his eyes and waited patiently for his cousin to give it back.

"Just one more year and the both of you won't need me to get you through to the alcohol." Autumn snickered and handed back the cigarette.

"I don't even like drinking much but it would be useful." Mikey responded and shuffled his feet.

"Hey fuckers." A familar voice was heard behind them.

Gerard and Ray walked up to them in line and greeted them all.

"You really needed your cousin again Frank?" Ray asked Frank and snickered.

The line began moving and the bouncer eyed their group closely, especially Autumn.

“You’re lucky your cousin’s an eye catcher.” Ray muttered to Frank before nudging him.

“I.D.?” The bouncer asked with a deep and intimidating voice.

Autumn dangled a playful smile on her lips and pulled out her license, “These guys are with me,” She stated.

The bouncer looked over Autumn and the guys and then back to Autumn, who was perking her chest farther.

The bouncer smiled and pulled the rope open, “You guys have fun.”

Frank and Mikey chuckled to themselves before going ahead before everybody else to get their hands on the alcohol.

They found a booth in the corner of the room and sat towards the karaoke stage.

“I’m getting drinks, what do you guys want?” Frank stood up and looked between the five of them.

All of the guys mumbled a beer and Autumn piped up, “A virgin margarita.”

“What are you, twelve?” Ray snickered and Autumn rolled her eyes.

“I’m driving Toro.”

Ray shrugged and turned towards the karaoke machine.

“How drunk do we have to be to actually go up there?”

“Shit faced.” Gerard laughed and ruffled Mikey’s hair.

-

The four of them laughed while watching Mikey sing to David Bowie’s “Lets Dance.”

Each of the guys was drunk off of their asses and laughing uncontrollably.

Autumn was feeling the fatigue from work creeping on her and she kept shrugging it off and telling herself she needed a break from reality.

“Let’s sway!” Mikey belted out and caused another laugh to revolve around the bar.

“Why don’t you go up there?” Frank asked Autumn while he took a drink of his fifth beer.

Autumn smiled and shook her head, “I think it’s time for me to head home.”

Frank groaned and held her arm down, “No. Come on, I rarely ever see you anymore. I’m sure those snotty little kids could care less if you grade their papers tonight or not.”

A raspy laugh came through Autumn’s throat.

“They’re not little. And I’m too sleepy to function.”

Frank sighed and waved his hand.

She stood up and began walking towards the end of the booth.

“Wait, are you all driving tonight?”

Ray looked up and noticed Autumn scooting out of the booth, “Where are you going? We just got here!”

“I’m going to sleep, like the hermit that I am.” Autumn smiled and stuck her tongue out at Ray.
“If you say so, see you later.”

“Bye guys.” Autumn waved before she began walking towards the door.

“Wait!” Gerard called out and stood up and out of the booth.

He quickly walked over to Autumn and walked with her outside.

“I just came for a smoke break.” He spoke up once the winter breeze hit them.

Autumn nodded and pulled her keys out of her bag.

“Don’t leave yet, at least enjoy a cigarette with me.” Gerard smiled and handed over his cigarette for them to share.

Autumn laughed lightly and inhaled a quick puff of smoke.

“You’re probably the first person to ever share a cigarette willingly.”

“I don’t mind. I need to cut down anyways.”

Autumn nodded and a silence enveloped them.

“So,” Gerard spoke up after a beat, “How’s life?”

Autumn shrugged and rubbed her arm to distribute some heat and rid of the goosebumps.
“Steady, I guess. How about you?”

Gerard returned the same shrug, “Same. A bit lifeless.”

Autumn nodded as another silence came over them and inhaled some more smoke.

She handed the cigarette back to Gerard, “Well, I better get going. Here,” She handed him forty dollars in cash, “Use this for a cab for the four of you. I know how drunk you guys get.”

Before Gerard could protest Autumn smiled a goodnight and walked off towards her car.
♠ ♠ ♠
I really shouldn't be writing anymore stories. But I'm in the mood for a Gerard one. It's going to start out slow so be patient for some lovin'. Enjoy and tell me your thoughts? xx