Sequel: Consequence
Status: Slow Updates

Wasted

13.

Autumn took a quick look at herself in the car mirror, checking to see if her makeup was still in tact. She had made sure to put her Native American war paint on her cheeks and put on enough makeup to stand out. She checked her hair, making sure her feathered head band wasn't budging.

Riley groaned beside her, "You look fine Pocahontas."

Autumn shot her a cheeky grin, "As you said, I need to get laid."

"I'm sure the minute you walk into Frank's party, half of the room will pounce on you."

They both got out of Autumn's car and walked the short distance to Frank's house. Even outside she could hear how rowdy it was getting in there and she grinned, knowing he had convinced his mom to go out of town for the weekend just to let him celebrate his 21st birthday party getting wasted legally.

Being Halloween there were some stray trick or treaters walking around late at night, mostly rebellious teenagers looking to break something and cause destruction.

Frank's only rule was that if you walked into his house you had to be dressed up in costume. Autumn decided on being a Native American, resembling Pocahontas and Riley kept it simple as a cat, sticking to the girl rule of keeping it sexy with a tight unitard, sheer tights and animal ears.

They didn't bother to knock, knowing no one would notice or even care so they wandered in, cutting through the sea of bodies in search for Frank.

They found him standing in the den, caught in a game of beer pong with all of his close buddies around him. Frank had decided to dress up as a zombie. Autumn quickly hurried up to him and pulled him into a tight hug.

"Happy birthday cousin! I love you!"

He chuckled and hugged her back, "Thank you, I love you too." He let go of her and turned over to Riley, "Hey, what's up."

Riley smiled sheepishly and swayed nervously, "Happy birthday."

"Thanks," he grinned back. Autumn rolled her eyes and glanced around the room, taking in everyone's costumes. She saw Ray and Mikey but no sign of Gerard or Matt who were all usually together.

She noticed Mikey costumed as Batman and Ray dressed as Hans Solo.

"Can I get you a drink?" A guy dressed as a mummy asked, his eyes trailing up and down her body. She had to admit, what she was wearing was pretty provocative. A brown short and tight fringed dress and moccasin boots.

She smirked, "No thanks, I'm DD tonight."

She glanced over at Riley who already had a drink in her hand and was happily chatting away with Frank and the boys about who knows what. The guy shrugged and walked away, leaving her to glance around.

There was still some tension in her bones from earlier with Gerard. She swore every time she saw Gerard they always left on bad terms, annoying her even more.

She sighed and mentally shook away the thoughts of Gerard. What the hell, she thought, tonight she was going to get drunk next to her cousin and she figured she could spend the night.

"Frank," she called out and he looked over. "Yeah?"

She motioned for him to come closer. "Has your mom still got any of that bacardi?"

He smirked and pointed towards the kitchen. "Thanks," she laughed and ruffled his hair before walking to the kitchen.

She reached up to the cupboard filled with hidden alcohol and pulled out the sweet bottle of Bacardi.

The back door in the kitchen swung open and Gerard stepped in with Matt right behind him. He looked up and noticed Autumn reaching up to the cupboard, her ass perked up in the air. Matt let out a wolf whistle. Autumn turned around, eyebrows raised and rolled her eyes.

"Lookin' good Autumn," Matt walked over and leaned against the counter.

"Can't say the same for you," Autumn muttered under her breath and stepped down to level with the floor again.

She glanced just in time to see Gerard's eyes trailing up and down her body, his eyes clouded with lust and admiration, making him look more sinister with his face painted like a candy skull for Day of The Dead.

With a roll of her eyes she walked off towards the rest of the party, too annoyed and pissed off with Gerard to be in the same room with him.

She felt a hand on her shoulder and turned to see the same mummy guy from before. "You're a sneaky little one aren't ya?"

She smirked and took a quick drink from her bottle, "Maybe."

Autumn could make out some of his features, despite the toilet paper clinging to his body. His eyes were a deep brown and his skin was tan enough to show that he was Italian, apart from his distinct features.

"So you're Frank's cousin right?" They both leaned against the wall, pulling all of their attention towards each other.

She smiled every time she thought of Frank, just out of sheer love and close friendship she shared with him.

"Yeah, unfortunately." She joked with a playful roll of her eyes.

He chuckled, "He never said you were fucking gorgeous."

Autumn knew this guy probably only had one thing in mind; getting her in bed tonight but it didn't stop her from blushing and looking down sheepishly.

She could feel someone staring at her from behind, their gaze burning holes into her skin. But she shrugged it off and continued talking to mummy boy.

Gerard clenched his grasp around the beer as he stared down the conversation Autumn was holding with a friend of his named Daniel. All day, all fucking day he couldn't stop thinking about her.

It was like she was branded in his skull, her face and voice constantly popping up without hesitation. He didn't have a fucking problem, he thought. He liked getting so drunk he couldn't even remember his name, he fucking enjoyed it. And he would enjoy tonight even if the person who saw through him the most was standing just a few short feet away.

"You ever gonna get over her?" Ray asked, nudging Gerard and looking towards Autumn.

Gerard's eyes went to Ray, "Seriously Ray, you're out of your mind."

"Its pretty obvious you like her. Even Frank notices it." Ray's voice came out sharper than intended. But he needed to get it through Gerard's head that Autumn wasn't available, especially if Frank was around.

Gerard looked back over at Autumn who was getting closer to Darren with every minute that passed. He saw the bottle that had been almost filled when she grabbed it was now being swallowed every few seconds by her.

"I know Ray, I know." Gerard sighed, his eyes still fixed on her.

Ray lightly patted his shoulder before walking off, "Don't do anything stupid."

He took a quick glance around and saw Frank chatting away with Autumn's roommate Riley. Gerard raised an eyebrow and shook his head to himself. He knew Ray was right. Frank would probably never be okay with him trying to be something other than a friend with Autumn.

He was protective of her and he knew why. Both came from divorced parents. Frank grew up an only child with a single working mother while she did too except her father was the one in her picture. Even though Autumn was older, Frank treated her like they were the same age, just more protective about her.

More fuel added to his fire when he saw Daniel wrap an arm around Autumn's waist, pulling her closer and nuzzling his head in the crook her neck. Autumn let out a laugh that was faint to Gerard over the music playing.

That was it, he stalked off towards them, his grasp still clenched around the unopened beer in his hands.

"Hey Daniel, I just saw the perfect girl for you walk by." He smirked and cocked an eyebrow over at him, wanting him to get away from Autumn as soon as possible.

Daniel turned over to Gerard, tearing his eyes away from a tipsy and buzzed Autumn. She glared at Gerard, wondering why he was even in her presence.

"I'm a little busy man," Darren cocked an eyebrow towards Autumn, showing Gerard the prize he snagged for the night.

"She's got great tits dude and fuck, the nicest legs." Gerard grinned, closing his eyes discreetly in mock lust, hoping to get Daniel to walk away from Autumn.

He was lying and he had a feeling Autumn could see that but he realized the alcohol was taking its effect and the only thing she was doing was crossing her arms and glaring at him.

Daniel's eyes widened and he quickly lost interest in Autumn, asking Gerard where he had seen his dream girl and sauntered off to the random spot Gerard pointed too.

Autumn couldn't feel the anger she wanted too with the alcohol in her system so she slugged Gerard in the chest.

"My tits are great you asshole!"

Gerard snorted a laugh and smirked down at her slightly drunken state, "How do you know I wasn't talking about you?"

Her eyes widened for a second before she huffed out in frustration, "I'm Italian, of course my tits are great."

Gerard laughed down at Autumn, watching her ramble about her body and knowing he tipped her off with his comments about the fake girl he made up for Daniel.

"Wait," she put a finger up, silencing his small fit of laughter, "I'm mad at you, go away." She waved him off with her hands, earning a smirk from him.

"But Pocahontas loves everyone," he grinned.

"She doesn't love you right now." She frowned and turned on her heel, walking through the living
room.

Gerard followed behind and lowered his lips to her ear, "Did she love me before?"

He didn't know what surge of confidence was going through him but he liked it and he wanted to reel her in.

Autumn looked over her shoulder at him, her eyebrows furrowed.

"Gerard, why are you here?" She stopped walking and stood at the foot of the staircase.

"Its Frank's birthday, why else would I be here?"

"No," she gestured her arms back and forth between them, "here, right now with me. You told me to leave you alone." Her eyes had dropped, clouding up with confusion and a small frown dangled on her lips.

Gerard let out a small sigh and stepped closer, "I don't know." He ran a hand through his hair and met her eyes. Her eyes were flickering from his eyes to his lips, back and forth. She licked her lips and stepped down to level herself with Gerard.

Hesitantly she leaned closer and put her hand on his chest.

She raised her head and tilted it so her lips were right next to his ear, gently brushing against it, "I can't like you."

She said those words on purpose. She knew the alcohol had taken its effect where her body felt fuzzy with warmth.

She wanted him to feel what it was like to hear those words. Gerard's eyes widened and he swallowed thickly, lowering his head so their eyes met.

"Don't do that," his voice was rough and heavy and his eyes got dark.

Her lips turned up into a small smirk, "What? You can't handle your own words?"

His eyes narrowed and he grabbed her hand on his chest by her wrist and pulling it away. "Stop it Autumn."

"No," she snapped and stepped closer so their chests were touching, "Why don't you ever just tell me what you're thinking?"

He let out a frustrated sigh and hung his head back, closing his eyes briefly.
"Autumn, its not that simple."

"Why? Because of Frank?"

Gerard shook his head and bit his lip, looking away from her. "No."

"Then what?" She pushed up against him, their bodies pressed tightly together, causing friction to erupt in his pants.

He groaned and let out a deep breath, "Can we just talk when you're sober?"

Her eyes widened but narrowed quickly after. Before she could step back Frank walked up to them, his eyebrows raised and his arms crossed.

"What's going on with you two?"

Autumn and Gerard's eyes shot to Frank who didn't look too pleased while frowning at the two of them.

"Nothing," Autumn spoke up and stood back, taking a quick drink of her bottle of Bacardi.

Frank pulled the bottle away, "Aren't you driving tonight?"

Autumn smacked his hand away and shook her head, "No."

Frank sighed deeply and narrowed his eyes at Gerard. "Why is she being so pissy?"

Autumn shoved Frank and narrowed her eyes at him.

Gerard shrugged his shoulders, afraid to say anything in fear that Autumn wouldn't go along with a small fib.

"I'm tired of waiting for you," Autumn spoke up, not looking at either of them.

Frank's annoyed expression turned into one of confusion. "Who?"

"You," Autumn shot up and pointed at Gerard. Her eyes had dropped again and looked slightly glassy. "You confuse me too much."

Gerard's stomach was beginning to feel fuzzy, her words catching him off guard.

Frank spun around to face Gerard, his eyes were narrowed slits and he scowled, "What is she waiting for Gerard?"
Gerard's eyes widened and he shrugged nervously, "I don't know dude, she's drunk."

"I'm not drunk! I'm...I'm...," she stammered and lightly giggled, "buzzed."

Frank groaned and rolled his eyes, feeling a small poke of anger in his side and pointed at Gerard. "I'm not dealing with this tonight. You guys sort your own shit tonight." With that last word he stalked off to attend the rest of his party.

Gerard looked over at Autumn who just stood there, silently staring at him.

She shrugged her own shoulders and gave him a weak smile, "You know now."

He opened his mouth to speak but he hurried up the stairs and closed herself in Frank's room.
♠ ♠ ♠
Still runnin' wit dis.