Sequel: Consequence
Status: Slow Updates

Wasted

3.

Gerard's eyes traveled across the scene.

The first plane had hit the World Trade Center and the New York streets were drenched in ash, papers and chaos.

Gerard felt his body tense and his skin crawl. There was no way in hell that could've been an
accident, the plane wasn't even supposed to be close to buildings.

The strangers around him cried out in shock and anguish.

"Oh my god," a woman beside him cried out and buried her face in her hands.

His eyes watered but he quickly shook it off and headed to the nearest pay phone.

"Ma, turn on the news right now." Gerard spoke frantically before his mother could register who it was.

"Gerard? Gerard, what's going on?" Her voice dripped with worry.

"A plane just hit the Twin Towers. I'm right by it."

"Oh my lord." His mother whispered on the other end and quickly turned on the news.

There was a brief silence before Gerard's mom caught up on the news.

"They think its an accident honey."

Gerard shook his head and some tears fell, "I don't think so ma. Not unless the pilot lost control. Aren't pilots supposed to know this shit." His voice was hoarse from the crying and he ran shaky fingers through his hair.

Gerard's mom knew how hard her son took things and she wanted him home and safe, something he was far from.

"Gerard, I want you to get on the closest train and come straight home. Don't stop for anything."

Gerard caught his breath and looked back up to the scene of chaos surrounding him.

"Okay. I'll be there soon."

"I love you." His mother spoke softly, reassuring him it was alright.

"Love you too ma."

Just as Gerard began pacing towards the train, he heard a loud smack against the pavement and his head snapped to look.

His stomach churned and his body tensed.

No, it wasn't all right.

-

Autumn's classroom watched the tv in the corner of the room, in horror as the anchor man explained the current tragedy of the Twin Towers.

Soft cries were heard around and condolences were being whispered around the classroom.
Autumn's eyes dripped with tears and she looked around the classroom.

At least 6 of her students had parents who worked there and no one knew how to reach them.

"My dad," she heard her student Alisha mumble, "he works on the 26th floor. Do you think he's alright?"

The students around her calmed her down with excuses.

Autumn walked over to the door connecting her room to the next classroom and peeked her head in.

Mrs. Veronica Reid, another english teacher noticed Autumn and quietly walked over to her.

"Do you really think this is an attack?" Mrs. Reid whispered and eyed over her students.

Autumn rubbed her forehead and shook her head. "I don't think it was an accident. This is all so wrong."

"Its disgusting. Half of my classroom has family in there and they're close to hysterics."

Autumn nodded and looked ever her classroom behind her.

"I think its time to send the kids home. They need to be with their families." Mrs. Reid nodded and both rushed over to their classrooms.

Autumn took a deep breath and stood at the front of the classroom.

"We're sending you guys home early. We think its safer for you guys to be home with your families."
A boy named Sean spoke up, his voice dripping with worry, "Are they going to attack the school Mrs. Iero?"

Autumn shook her head quickly, "No, no Sean. We just want you guys home. And listen to me, when you get out, don't stop for anything. Don't go looking for anyone or trouble. Just get home."

-

"Jesus Christ Autumn." Frank grabbed her as soon as she walked through their grandparents house.

Autumn hugged Frank back tightly and looked around and met the eyes of her family.

"Hi grandma." Autumn smiled and pulled her grandma into a hug.

"I'm glad you're home." Her grandmother murmured into her ear.

Her grandparents, along with both her and Frank's fathers were huddled around the living room.
She hugged the rest of the men and sat on the couch.

"My friend Roger worked in the second tower, but thankfully he got out before the plane hit." Franks dad spoke up, catching everyone's stare.

"I just don't understand how the world is so cruel." Their grandmother Marlene spoke softly to herself, but the whole room heard.

"Humans are so messed up." Frank said, his skin crawling with disgust.

Autumn shook her head, "I've got students who lost parents and siblings today." The tears welled up in her eyes again.

"Shh, its okay darling." Her father wrapped an arm around her.

"Well, we all know one thing." Their grandfather also named Frank spoke up, "That son of a bitch Bush won't fix anything."
♠ ♠ ♠
This may seem irrelevant but its very revelevent to the future chapters, ;)
Oh, no comments, no updates, ok?
Its only fair ):