Sequel: Consequence
Status: Slow Updates

Wasted

32.

A few days had passed and Autumn still hadn't talked to Gerard. She was focusing on her job and herself more than anything and was finally getting into the swing of things around the studio.

Danny was easy company to hang around with all day and she rarely ever caught herself getting tired of running the errands around the studio or reading a script someone wanted an opinion on. It was like a dream job and she found herself writing a lot more at home.

She thought about Gerard a lot; she hadn't pushed him to the back of her head. She was still trying to figure out her own feelings about their situation. Whenever she thought she could be okay with it, a new hint of jealousy came on and she went back to square one.

-

"So what did you think of Barry's script for that new sitcom?" Danny asked Autumn.

They were currently sitting in the coffee shop near Autumn's apartment, taking a much needed coffee break from work and reading over some paperwork.

"The one about the single mom with two kids? It was alright, a bit too corny at the end of episode one." She sipped on her coffee and looked down at the papers on the table.

Danny laughed, "Well Americans love family moments on television."

"Yeah but you don't have to go all Oprah on everyone."

"Point taken."

She smirked and went back to the script in her hands, which another writer on set had asked her to read over.

"Autumn," Danny tapped his hand on the script, "there's a guy staring at you over by the bar."

Autumn's eyebrows furrowed and she turned towards the seats at the coffee bar. Her eyes widened and she swallowed thickly.

Gerard's eyes were staring straight into hers and she suddenly felt very exposed in this tiny coffee shop.

"Do you know him?"

She cleared her throat, "Um yeah. Could you excuse me for a sec?"

She stood up and headed over to Gerard, silently hoping she didn't look too bad after a few rough hours at work.

"Hey," she took a seat beside him.

He nodded a hello and took a drink of his coffee.

He looked better than that last day she'd seen him, when he delivered the news. She half expected him to look just like that, hoping he was just as torn as she was. But he cleaned up and looked like the regular Gerard in his denim jacket and dark rugged jeans with his favorite bat belt and adidas.

"I see you've made a new friend," Gerard nodded over to Danny, an edge in his voice.

"He's my boss, actually. We're on break." Autumn replied with the same edge.

"Pretty young for a boss."

"I came over here to invite you over for dinner at my flat tonight so we could sort our shit out but if you prefer being a dick then so be it." Autumn snapped and stood up.

Gerard sighed and stopped her. "No, I'm sorry. I just haven't heard from you in days and the first time I see you, you're with an attractive guy."

"He's my boss Gerard." She rolled her eyes.

"I know, sorry." He shook his head to himself and ran a hand through his hair. "So, dinner tonight then?"

Autumn pursed her lips. "Yeah. Leave the douchey attitude at home and be over around seven."

He nodded, giving her a small smile. She nodded back and felt the sudden urge to kiss him but she knew that would confuse things at the moment.

She walked back to the table with Danny and sat across from him, feeling a little better.

"So who was that guy?" Danny asked, glancing over at Gerard who was exiting the shop.

"That's my boyfriend actually." She went back to the scripts.

"Oh, so you're into the brooding type? Interesting."

-

Autumn sat atop of the kitchen counter, trying to recollect her thoughts and wondering what exactly she was going to say to Gerard.

She'd picked up take out for them tonight and had the house to herself, thanks to Riley and Taylor going out for her sake.

She took a quick shower when she got home and laid out a simple outfit. She had no reason to dress up tonight and she didn't but she'd made herself presentable.

There was a quick rap at the door and she hopped off of the counter.

She opened it to find Gerard holding up a bag of coffee beans.

"I figured flowers were too corny and you love coffee..." he smiled nervously and handed her the bag of beans.

She couldn't fight back a smile. "Thank you."

She let him in and walked over to the table where the boxes of take out were already set.

There wasn't really tension in the air but she recognized the nerves radiating off of the both of them.

A few minutes passed of them eating in silence, the only sound coming from their chopsticks hitting the side of the take out boxes.

Gerard cleared his throat. "I've missed you."

Autumn sighed and looked up towards the ceiling, knowing she couldn't put this conversation off forever.

"I know. I've missed you two," she fumbled around with her chopsticks and looked down at her box of fried rice. "But I needed space to work it all out for myself."

"So how do you feel now?" Gerard asked.

"I feel the same way about you, that hasn't changed. It's just," she sighed and ran a hand through her hair, "I felt like shit when you were with Stacy, like you never even wanted me at all. And when we finally got together everything was perfect. It hurts that you're having a baby with her."

Gerard stood up and and kneeled down next to her. "Sugar, this baby isn't going to change my feelings for you at all."

"You don't know that."

"Yes I do," he responded fiercely and grabbed her hand. "It's complicated, I understand that. But you're the only simple thing I've got. Nothing makes more sense than you and I."

"I love you," Autumn breathed out and met his eyes, "I love you."

His face softened and he touched her cheek. "I love you right back."

Autumn's cheeks raised and she smiled. "This whole week I realized that. All week I never stopped thinking about you. I love you Gerard," she grabbed his hand and kissed his knuckles, "I'm here to support you and I'm sorry about being selfish lately. You're going to be a dad and I'm right behind you."

Gerard grabbed her face and crashed their lips together. Autumn kissed back, feeling all of the nerves sweep away.

"I love you," he pulled away, "I'm so fucking crazy about you."

She smiled and ran a hand through his hair. "You can tell me anything. Baby talk and all, I'm okay with it."

He stood up and pulled her up with him, wrapping his arms around her waist.

"Who knew Iero's were so perfect?"

"I don't know about Frank..." she cocked an eyebrow and jested.

"Who cares, you're perfect sugar. I'm stupid and I make mistakes and you forgive me, I don't know if I deserve you."

She put a finger to his lips. "Just kiss me."

He smiled and obliged, pressing his lips against hers.
♠ ♠ ♠
What do you guys think?