Sequel: Consequence
Status: Slow Updates

Wasted

8.

Gerard felt the alcohol bubbling in his stomach, increasing the slurs coming from his lips and changing his mood.

"What do you think of Autumn?" He asked Ray, nervously shifting from foot to foot.

Ray raised a confused eyebrow at Gerard, "Uh, she's cool. Why do you ask?"

Gerard shrugged and slurred out, "I can't get a good reading on her."

Ray put an arm over Gerard's shoulder, "That's Frank's cousin Gerard, don't get involved with that. He'll castrate you."

Gerard grumbled and shrugged off Ray's shoulder, heading to the bar for another drink.
Ray shook his head and sighed at the sight of drunken Gerard. He was hours away from blowing up.

Gerard stumbled over to the stage, catching Autumn talking to her group of friends and a random guy included. He grumbled under his breath and marched over, ready to give this guy a piece of his mind.

"Alright, well call me any time." He overheard Autumn say, steps away.

"No actually, don't call!" Gerard slurred and stepped between Autumn and the random guy.

"Gerard, what the hell!" She shouted and pushed past him. His hand reached out and gripped her by the waist.

"This here is my best friend’s cousin. She's too good for you, now go!" Gerard shouted at the guy, causing a small scene and whispers to go around them.

Riley and Taylor glanced at each other with wide eyes, each wondering what the hell was going on and if they should step in.

"What the hell is your problem?!" Autumn shouted and ripped herself away from Gerard. She looked over at the guy who had now walked away and she felt the rush of embarassment.

Gerard merely shrugged and ran a finger through his hair. "He was trying to get in your pants. We can't have that."

Her eyebrows furrowed and she scowled, "We can't have that? Who the fuck is we?"

"Frank and I."

She groaned and smacked his chest, "Who the fuck are you to decide what I do?"

"I'm just looking out for you sugar." He murmured.

"Look out for your own fucking self. Sober up." She scowled at him and walked away.

He was shocked at how she was acting after he protected her out from a possible scum bag. Before he could follow her out Pencey Prep walked on stage, blaring their instruments.

-

Autumn stood outside of the club, smoking a cigarette with Riley and Taylor.

"Who the fuck does he think he is? We just really become friends and then he thinks he can be rude and act out while he's drunk?"

Riley sighed and inhaled the smoke from her cigarette, "He likes you Autumn."

Autumn's eyes widened and she laughed dryly, "Right."

Taylor laughed under her breath, earning a kick from Autumn.

"What the fuck?" Taylor shouted, rubbing her leg to ease the small pain.

"What are you laughing about?"

"Jesus you're an angry drunk." Riley smirked.

Autumn rolled her eyes and flicked her hair away. "I'm having a shit day."

"He liiiikes you," Taylor dragged on, making smooch noises at Autumn.

Autumn swung a kick but missed and Taylor grinned.

"Seriously, that boy's got the hots for you." Riley interjected.

"How is that even possible? It's Gerard..." Autumn looked down at her feet abruptly, trying to see what they meant.

Riley sighed and leaned against the wall, "He asked for that blow back to kiss you. And he literally just put up a bitch fit to keep you from hooking up with that dude Omar, or whatever the fuck his name was."

Autumn was about to speak up but Riley interjected again, "And that night at the bar when I was talking to him, he kept glancing at you."

Autumn's eyebrows furrowed, taking in all the information her friend was feeding her. "It's Gerard Riley, he's just kind of...out of it." Autumn put up an excuse, not wanting to believe her.

Riley opened her mouth to argue but was cut off by Taylor, "If you say so Autumn, just keep pushing him away..." she sighed.

Autumn bit at her lip and threw her cigarette down on the ground. The door to the back of the club creaked open and Autumn looked over, meeting the eyes of her cousin.

He waved her over, a serious look on his face and she rolled her eyes.

"Yeah?" She asked. Riley was right, she was kind of an angry drunk with a snappy tone.

"Sober the fuck up and apologize to Gerard." He snapped back.

Autumn scowled, "The fuck are you talking about? If anything he should apologize to me."

He glared at her and ran a free hand through his hair, just like Gerard had, making her scowl harder.

"He was helping you out. He told me the dude was all up on you."

Autumn let out a sarcastic laugh, "Ha-ha. That's a laugh. He gave me his number, which was it."

Frank eyed her skeptically and he rubbed his forehead. "Just...apologize, the both of you okay? You've successfully missed my show by being moody with him."

Autumn cursed Gerard under her breath and sighed. "Fine. But you," she pointed at Frank, "I'm sorry about earlier. And I'm sorry about right now too. I didn't mean what I said about you dropping out. It just came out worded all wrong."

Frank smiled and gripped his cousin into a hug. "I was waiting for that all night. But thank you."
She smiled against his shoulder and hugged him back. “I’ll go find Gerard then.”

She walked inside the club quickly, feeling the remorse for snapping at Gerard and knew that his mood changes were normal and heightened with alcohol.

She found him sitting on the corner of the stage, his lips on another drink.

She lightly tapped his shoulder, making him turn around and she bit at her lip.

“I’m sorry.”

His eyebrows furrowed and he rubbed his eyes. “Sorry for what?”

“For snapping at you.”

He nodded dumbly and shrugged his shoulders, “It’s whatever.”

She nodded, expecting an apology back but his lips connected to his drink and he completely forgot she was standing there.

“Fucking prick.” She mumbled and walked away, regretting her apology.