All Eight Guardians

The TimesScape Opens

Karri's POV

"Nick, Nick, Nicky, Nick, Nick, why are we in detention again?" I asked my best friend who was sitting in the desk next to me with his feet propped up on the desk. He was halfway asleep as it was, but as soon as I uttered the word 'Nicky' his eyes burst open and he shot upright. He wasn't too keen on the nickname I had dubbed him with every now and then when he wasn't paying attention.

"My dearest Karri, the reason we are in detention is because we got caught passing notes in Science class." Nick answered, "And the only reason we got caught is sitting right there in the front row." he said as he nodded in the direction.

I looked at where Nick was nodding to see Annabelle. She was the baddest of the bad, the worst of the worst, and the lowest of the low. But don't let her good-girl name fool you, she's horrible.

"I can hear you, ya know." Annabelle said as she turned to stare at us.

"Good. You were supposed to." Nick said as he leaned forward and sneered at her, "We sit BEHIND you in that class." he clarified.

In other words, she was watching us, waiting for us to screw up so she could nail us.

Unfortunately for her, the teacher wasn't stupid and gave her a detention too for not paying attention in class.

"You shouldn't have been staring at us!" I shouted.

Annabelle smirked, "Don't flatter yourself, Karri, I would never stare at you."

"Oye, oye, oye, what's going on in here?" a new voice questioned.

I looked up to see the school's jerk, Moose, standing in the doorway. Behind him stood his best friend John.

Late to class, detention received, and then late to detention. That was the normal cycle for these two.

"Late again, I see." Nick said as he smirked.

"Detention is such a drag." Moose said as he shrugged his shoulders. "Why should we show up on time to be detained anyways?" he complained.

I rolled my eyes, "You did something wrong and your punishment is to be detained. You should be responsible and show up on time." I said.

"That's a lot of big words." Moose said as he slowly and casually made his way to my desk and stood in front of me, "Especially for a little girl like you." he said as he smirked at me.

I made a pffting sound and looked away from him and out the window. I knew I had taken the wind from his sails as I heard him growl and walk back to his friend.

"Let's blow this Popsicle stand." Moose said as he passed by John and walked out of the detention room with John following behind him.

Annabelle picked up her stuff and left too, leaving only Nick and I behind.

Being the teacher who was in charge of detention didn't enjoy supervising it, he didn't ever stay. He kept a sort of honor system, asking students to leave their detention slips on the teacher's desk and sit in a desk until 4pm.

Most students just leave their slips on the desk and take off. But sometimes the teacher checks in and whosever slip is on the desk who's butt is not in a chair receives an extra week of detention.

But the teacher hardly ever checks in so most students get away with it.

"So, what do we do?" I asked Nick.

Nick was quiet for a moment before he answered, "Let's get out of here."

"Right." I said as I nodded and stood up.

We left the detention room and walked out into the hallway to see Moose, John, and Annabelle facing us but looking at something beyond us.

"What's. . .everybody looking at?" I questioned slowly.

I felt Nick pat me on the back so I side glanced at him to see he was facing the same direction as the others.

'What on earth has got them so fixated?' I asked myself before I turned around as well.

The entire hallways was dark, which was strange because it wasn't a minute past 3:15pm and outside the sun was still up. At the end of the hallway was an ominous green glow that seemed to be seeping up from underneath the doorway in one of the science labs.

"Was one of the science classes experimenting today?" I questioned randomly.

Nick shook his head, "No, I don't think so." he answered.

"Then what do you suppose it is?" I asked.

"Let's go find out." Moose said as he shoved past me. John and Annabelle followed in his wake as he went to inspect the soft green glow.

I glanced at Nick again, "Should. . .we. . .go?" I asked.

Nick began to walk forward, enticed by the light as well.

I slightly pouted and rubbed my arm before I began to follow after everyone else.

Once we were in the science lab we noticed the green glow was not coming from one of the lab tables like we thought it was. Instead it was coming from the white board at the front of the room. It kind of looked like a horizontal gross puddle.

The five of us stood in front of the goo and just sort of stared at it for a moment.

"What is it?" I asked Nick.

He only shrugged his shoulders.

I smiled, "What if it was like a mutant version of Chalk Zone?" I questioned.

"That gives me an idea." Moose said as he picked up a world globe off of the teacher's desk.

Before anyone could say anything, Moose chucked the globe at the goo and shockingly, the globe disappeared.

But. . .

That's not possible.

Is it?

The globe should have gotten stuck in the goo or crashed to the ground.

But it didn't.

It was just gone.

"What the hell?!" Annabelle questioned.

"Should we. . .go tell someone?" I asked as I looked at Nick again.

Nick looked at Moose, John, and Annabelle, not sure what to do himself.

"Maybe it's like a portal?" Nick asked finally.

Annabelle and Moose gave Nick a skeptical look but John shrugged his shoulders and took a step closer to the goo.

"John, what are you doing?" Annabelle questioned.

Before anyone could do anything, John stepped into the goo and disappeared.

"John!" Annabelle screamed.

Everyone was silent for a moment before I spoke up, "Do we go after him?"

Moose glanced at me before he climbed into the goo to go after John.

Annabelle refused to look at me as she followed after.

Within a matter of seconds they were gone and only Nick and I remained.

"Adventure time?" Nick asked as he looked at me.

I didn't know what to say.

We didn't even know what was beyond the goo.

It could be instant death for all we know.

John, Moose, and Annabelle could all be gone!

But. . .

What if there really is an adventure beyond the goo?

We'll never know unless we try.

I took a deep breath and smiled at Nick, "Adventure time." I said as I nodded.

Nick smiled back at me and took my hand before we climbed through the goo together.

******************************

The first thing I felt was like I was falling. I screamed and it sounded earth shattering. My hand felt empty, Nick wasn't holding onto my hand any longer.

I looked down to see the ground coming up closer and closer. I could see Nick falling a couple of feet below me. I watched as he crashed onto the ground.

"Nicky!" I shouted as the ground got closer and closer to me.

He hit the ground hard.

He could be dead.

They could all be dead.

I'm falling to my doom.

I closed my eyes and waited for the hard impact to come, but it came a lot softer than I thought it was going to be.

I opened my eyes and saw Moose right above me. It didn't take me too long to realize he had caught me.

"Wow Moose, you saved me." I whispered.

Moose smirked, "The impact of the fall wasn't going to kill you."

Then why did he catch me. . . ?

Wait!

That means Nicky is alright!

I smiled and jumped out of Moose's arms before I ran over to Nick and tackled him to the ground, "Nicky! I thought you were dead!" I shouted.

Nick coughed and lightly pushed me off of him, "I think your tackle was even more painful than the fall." he muttered.

"Oh! I'm so sorry!" I gasped as I helped him back up to his feet.

I smiled at Nick before I looked up beyond him to see. . .

Absolutely nothing.

A barren wasteland.

I did a complete three-sixty and realized there was noting around.

Nothing at all.

"Where the hell are we?!" Annabelle questioned. She was obviously thinking the same thing as me but got around to voicing it before I could.

"There's nothing. . .anywhere." Moose said as he looked around wildly.

"What do we do?" I questioned as the five of us huddled together, trying to come up with a game plan.

"We should go back to school." Annabelle said.

"How?! We dropped out of the freakin' sky after climbing though that nasty goo!" Moose nearly shouted.

"That's it! We just have to climb through the goo again and then we'll be back at school!" Annabelle said quickly.

"Hello?! Did you not hear what I just said?!" Moose snapped, "That goo dumped us into the FREAKIN' sky and we FELL to the ground. We're not going to get back to that portal unless we can sprout wings and fly!" he ranted, "Can you fly Annabelle?!" he questioned as his voice cracked a bit.

"Hey, cool your jets, Moose, we'll find another portal." I said quickly, "Somewhere." I added.

"Where?" Moose questioned as he turned to me, "Got any bright ideas?!"

I shrugged my shoulders, "Find someone who can help?"

"Who?" Moose questioned.

I started to do another three-sixty, but stopped at one-eighty, "How about him?" I questioned as I pointed to a figure off in the distance.

"Where'd he come from?" Nick questioned.

"Let's see if he can help us." I said brightly to the others before I began to wave to the figure who already seemed to be making their way toward us.

"He seems. . ." Nick trailed off.

"Suspicious." John concluded.

As the figure got closer we could make out who the person was. He was a male and he looked like a corny casino magician who wore a long purple cape, with his hair slicked back and everything.

"Hey, can you tell us where the nearest town or city is?" I questioned as I smiled.

The guy chuckled evilly before he smiled, "Sure, I can help you."

At that moment, Nick grabbed my wrist and pulled me behind him in a protective sort of way.

"What are you doing, Nick?" I whispered silently.

"You can't trust someone who says they are going to help you after they laugh like that." he whispered back.

"So you think he's a bad guy?" I asked.

Nick turned to look at me straight in the eye. All around us I could see a brilliant bright light and I shut my eyes tight and was knocked down to the ground by something. When I opened my eyes again I was staring into a pair of crystal blue eyes which did not belong to Nick.

I backed up a bit and realized I was looking into the eyes of a big white wolf.

Wait. . .

A wolf?

A freakin' wolf?!

I gasped and backed up some more.

'Karri, what are you walking away for?' I heard a voice inside my head say just as the wolf tilted it's head slightly.

Ya know, if I didn't know better I'd say that was the wolf's voice. . .but that voice sounded like Nick's A lot like Nick's.

"Nicky, are you the wolf" I asked quietly.

'Yes I'm the freakin wolf! Now change me back!' the voice inside my head yelled.

I slightly winded, "Okay, inside voice next time. I think I can feel my brain rattling." I mumbled.

'Sorry.' Nick said as he looked down to the ground.

"Karri, look out!" I heard John shout.

I looked up to see the creepy dude wiggling his creepy magic fingers at me. A burst of light shout out of his fingertips and I ducked just in time to see the burst of light fly over my head and hit a tree about ten feet behind me. After the smoke cleared, we all noticed a giant hole in the tree.

"W-were you trying to put a hole in me?!" I shrieked.

"Actually, I was trying to turn you into a cat." the man said as he laughed, "Now do me a favor and don't move this time." he said as he began to wiggle his fingers again.

A mighty wind picked up, causing the man to cover his face with his long magician like cape as the dust began to kick up.

"Are you doing this?!" I questioned the man.

"N-No!" he shouted back.

"I am!" a voice shouted from the sky above us.