All Eight Guardians

Absurd Behavior

Karri's POV

Everything is happening so fast. It almost feels like a dream. I mean, not everyone has their best friend get transformed into a wolf, rescued from an evil magician by an angel, and told by a king they are a child of prophecy. And that's just in one afternoon. Imagine what's in store for tomorrow when we leave for Clover to find this Base guy.

"You ready to go?" Knight questioned as he appeared in front of me.

"Hmmm? Oh yeah, let's go." I said as I nodded. I noticed Roman was leading the way out of the maps room with John, Sky, Moose, Annabelle, and Nick following behind him.

We walked down several corridors and turned many corners before we approached a tall set of double doors that were mint green in color with a gold trim.

Roman stopped us before we could enter the dining hall and gathered us all around, "Now before we go in there are a couple of things you should know."

"Like?" Moose questioned in an annoyed tone.

"Like your plate must be completely empty if you want to leave the table but you can't get up from the table before the King." Roman replied.

"Really?" Annabelle questioned skeptically.

"Yes really." Roman said as he nodded.

Everyone turned to look at Knight for conformation, which after a few seconds he nodded to.

Everybody seemed to accept his answer and Roman pushed open the doors and stepped aside to let us enter.

I was about to go inside behind Knight when Roman grabbed my arm and pulled me back.

"Wait a second." he said calmly, but my heart was beating as fast as a jack rabbit's.

"What is it?" I questioned as I looked up at him.

"Stop eating when you get full and don't finish everything off of your plate unless you want to be served more food." he said seriously.

I stood dumbfounded for a moment. I certainly didn't expect this conversation to go in that direction. "Why did you tell the others the opposite?" I questioned.

Roman smiled, "The kitchen hands give you more helpings every time you eat everything on your plate. The only way to get them to stop serving you is to stop eating." he explained.

"Why did you lie?" I asked.

Roman sighed happily, "I want to see how much the others will eat before they realize they have to stop eating in order to stop being served."

I sighed and shook my head at him, ""I'll admit it's kind of funny, but it's also cruel."

"Cruel?" Roman questioned.

"Well, it'll be funny to see Moose have to work it out and perhaps even Annabelle as well. But do the others have to suffer too?" I asked.

"John is smart and he'll figure it out on his own quickly. As for Nick, you can easily tell him through your own wavelength and no one will be the wiser." Roman said quickly, "Now, I think we should hurry up and get in there before we're missed." he said as he stepped out of my way and let me enter the dining hall and he trailed in behind me.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comment?