All Eight Guardians

Lies & Stomach Aches

Karri's POV

Dinner was kind of really awkward and I'd rather not talk about it....

But I will tell you, I DID warn Nick through our sort of wavelength and John was quick to figure out what was going on. As for Moose and Annabelle, well... Annabelle had three plates before she figured it out and Moose had a little over four. Now they were both complaining about being overstuffed and both couldn't stop glaring at Roman for giving them false information.

King Ode sat at the head of the table, a smile spreading across his face. "Thank you so much for sharing food at my table." he said happily, "Now as for your suite arrangements, I have three rooms available for you. I'm sure John and Moose will want to room together as will Nick and Karri, and Annabelle, my dear, the last room is for you. Sky, would you please room with Annabelle as she will be the only one rooming alone?"

"Yes, your Majesty." Sky replied as he bowed his head.

"Roman, Knight, you two can figure out who is going to stay with John and Moose and with Nick and Karri." the King instructed.

"Yes sir." both Knight and Roman replied.

"As for myself, I believe it's time I went to my own suite for the night. I'll see everyone tomorrow morning before you leave for the Kingdom of Clover." King Ode said as he stood up, "Goodnight everyone." he said as he left the dining hall.

"We'll lead you to your suites." Knight said as he stood from his chair and Roman stood as well.

"Suites?" I questioned as the rest of us followed suit.

"Well of course, we're not going to store you all in the broom closet." Knight said with a chuckle.

"But that's not saying we didn't try to put some of you there." Roman added, only to be elbowed in the ribs by Knight.

We left the dining hall and began to walk to the guest suites which were on the opposite end of the King's palace. About fifteen quiet minutes later we were still walking to our rooms.

"How far are these suites?" Annabelle whined.

"I think the better question is, how big is your King's palace?" I spoke up louder.

Roman smiled at me, "Don't worry, we're almost there." he said.

I slowly shook my head, "That didn't answer either of our questions."

"King Ode's palace is one-third the size of the Kingdom of Omega and this kingdom is the largest in the country." Knight explained.

"Oh." I said quietly. I knew that if I had been a native of this universe, what Knight explained would have made more sense to me. But I still didn't have a clue.

"So Annabelle, this is your room." Roman said as he approached a door and pushed it open for her.

Annabelle slowly entered the room and it took a moment, but Sky followed after her.

Knight and Roman walked down the hall and pushed another door open, "John, Moose, this will be your room." Roman said, somewhat bitterly.

Roman didn't stick around long enough to watch Moose and John enter their suite. Instead he took my arm and gently began to tug me down the hall. He stopped in front of another set of doors and pushed them open for me. "And this is your room." he said before he took a few steps to the side so I could enter.

Slowly I stepped into the suite and my eyes sparkled, "Wow." I whispered.
♠ ♠ ♠
3 comments = next chapter