All Eight Guardians

Only Kidding

Moose's POV

I woke up to the sounds of happy horny birds tweeting outside. I opened my eyes after I knew there was no way I was going to be able to get back to sleep. With one look outside I groaned because the sun had barely risen.

Freakin' birds!

I glanced around the room to see John and Knight still sound asleep. Lucky them.

A devious smile spread across my face. If John and Knight are still asleep I'll bet Nick and Karri are still asleep as well. I think it's time I give them a little wake up call.

I snuck out of my suite and walked down the hall to the one right next door. Silently I pushed open the doors and looked around. Nick was no where in sight, but both Roman and Karri were still sound asleep.

I crept into the black and white themed suite and straight up to Karri's bed. She was in for one rude awakening.

For a moment I saw how peaceful she slept and almost thought about not waking her...almost.

Suddenly I reached out, grabbed her shoulders and began to violently shake her and start screaming.

I smirked as her body started flailing in every direction, eyes not even fully open yet, not completely out of her slumber state, and unaware of what was going on.

I felt someone tackle me to the ground and my head bounced off the floor. I tried to get back up, but someone was holding me down. I realized it was Roman and he was holding a dagger to my throat.

"What the hell are you doing?!" I snapped.

Roman shook his head and blinked his eyes before he got a good look of who I was. "You idiot!" he shouted as he pulled the dagger away from my throat, "I almost killed you! What on earth were you thinking?!"

I shoved Roman away and stood back up to me feet before I replied, "It was only a joke!"

"I'm supposed to be protecting you guys from danger. If you keep pranking each other how am I supposed to know if you're really in danger?!" Roman questioned.

I glanced past Roman to see John, Sky, and Annabelle standing in the doorway while Knight walked over to Karri.

"I hope you've learned your lesson," Roman said, dragging my attention back to him, "Because next time I won't think twice."

"Yeah whatever." I groaned as I stormed out of the suite and shoved past everyone on my way out.

Karri's POV

I woke up scared to death. I seriously thought we were under attack or something. I saw Moose lying on the ground next to me and Roman hovering over him holding a dagger to his throat.

What the hell is going on here?!

My eyes scanned the room, looking for Nick but I couldn't find him anywhere. The next person my eyes searched for was Knight and as soon as our eyes connected he made his way toward me.

"Are you okay?" Knight questioned as he sat down on my bedside.

I slowly nodded, "I think so." I whispered.

"It was only a joke!" I heard Moose shout.

"I'm supposed to be protecting you guys from danger. If you keep pranking each other how am I supposed to know if you're really in danger?!" Roman questioned, "I hope you've learned your lesson because next time I won't think twice."

"Yeah whatever." Moose muttered before he stormed out of the room.

Moose's POV

I walked back into my room only to hear Annabelle walk in behind me "What the hell were you thinking?!" she snapped.

"Not that he was going to come at me with a knife!" I shouted back.

"It was a dagger, not a knife." Annabelle mumbled.

I growled, "Dagger, knife, it's the same thing! They can do the same kind of damage to a person, so don't correct me!" I seethed.

Annabelle rolled her eyes at me, "You know what? We may be in a new universe, but you're still the same old jerk!" she yelled before she stormed out of the room.

I growled louder, pissed at myself for chasing her out of the room. I walked straight up to a wall and threw a punch at it. But unfortunately, the wall was a lot more thicker than I thought it was going to be so it hurt like hell.

Annabelle's POV

I groaned, Moose can be a real jerk when he wants to be. I stomped back to Karri's suite where John was still standing in the doorway and I stopped in front of him. "John, I tried everything I can to calm Moose down but nothing's working. So you go help him because you know what to do." I said coldly.

John stared at me for a moment before he nodded, brushed past me, and walked down the hall to the suite he and Moose shared.

I took a deep breath and let it out before I walked down the hall back toward my own suite. I heard footsteps following me and I turned to see Sky behind me.

But I couldn't help but wonder, was he following me because it was the King's order or is it because he actually wanted to?