All Eight Guardians

Crazy Butcher

Annabelle's POV

"So...let me get this straight... We're walking through the streets and alleyways of Omega looking for Nick because he ran off." I said as I tried to put all the puzzle pieces together.

"Yup." John replied quietly.

"Actually, he probably got chased off instead of ran off." Roman clarified.

"So?" I questioned.

"So he didn't run off on purpose." Roman said.

"Whatever." I said as I shrugged my shoulders, "Let's just find the mutt and get back to the palace."

Roman smirked at me, "You really like it at the palace, don't you?"

I nodded, "Of course I do. It reminds me of home."

John rolled his eyes, "You don't live in a palace, you live in a penthouse."

"It's practically the same thing. A penthouse is the equivalent of a palace in New York City." I clarified.

"What's a penthouse?" Roman asked slowly as he sounded out the word that was foreign to him.

"Oh, it's a-" I started, but was interrupted by someone who had started shouting at us.

John, Roman, and I all looked down to the other end of the alleyway to see a man dressed in light colors and a white apron, but also had spots of blood all over him. Lastly, in his hand was a kitchen cleaver. He was clearly a local butcher...or a very crazy middle aged man.

"Hey! What are you kids doin' in my alley?! You tryin' to steal my meat?!" the man snapped.

"Uhh actually I'm a palace guard." Roman spoke up.

"Oh, excuse me." the man said as his right eye twitched, "What are two kids and a Palace Guard doing in my alley?!"

"We're just looking for a pet dog; a wolf actually." I replied.

The man began fuming, "You let a wolf into my shop?!"

"N-No! We're only l-looking-" I started when the man began to run toward us with the cleaver raised over his head.

"Run!" Roman ordered and the three of us ran out of the alley with the butcher chasing behind us.

"Hey Roman! Aren't you supposed to be protecting us from people like him?!" I questioned as we ran.

"I don't deal with the mentally insane! That's Knight's job!" Roman replied, "Just keep running! We'll lose him eventually!"

Third Person's POV

"Why are we doing this again?" Moose questioned with a groan.

"We should find Nick before anything bad happens to him." Knight replied.

"What could possibly happen to him?" Moose asked, "He's a freakin' wolf." he added.

"Well, wolves aren't allowed in the Kingdom of Omega so if anyone runs into him they may try to kill him." Knight explained.

"If that's true why did you and that other guard allow him to enter?" Moose inquired.

Knight grunted in response.

Moose nodded, "Yeah, that's what I thought. Karri batted her long eyelashes and you just couldn't say no."

Knight shook his head, "I don't think that's why-" he started, but Moose cut him off.

"Don't try to deny it dude, it happens to the best of us."

Knight raised an eyebrow, "Are you trying to say Karri has influenced you to do something you didn't want to do or you knew was wrong?" he asked.

"Oh hell no." Moose said as he smirked.

Things were quiet for a moment before Knight spoke up, "Why are you suck a jerk?"

"Why are you such a gentleman?" Moose countered.

"I am the way my parents raised me." Knight replied.

"Yeah, well ditto." Moose said with a shrug.

"Oh." Knight said quietly.

The two boys were walking shoulder to shoulder down the street until someone bum-rushed in between them and shoulder-checked both of them.

"Hey, watch where you're going, idiot!" Moose shouted after the guy.

A woman ran out into the street behind Moose and Knight while she looked panic stricken. "My money! That man stole my money! Stop him!" she called, sounding frantic.

Knight nodded to the woman and turned to Moose, "Looks like plans have changed. We'll find Nick later. Right now we have to catch that thief." he said before he took off down the alley the way the thief had gone.

"Oh goodie." Moose said sarcastically as he rolled his eyes and jogged after Knight.