All Eight Guardians

Angel Of The Heavens

Karri's POV

I looked up to see where the hell the voice came from. About twenty feet up there was a guy with black hair and black tight fitting clothes. But the thing about him that stood out the most was a big beautiful pair of black wings.

What the flip? Who is this guy and why does he have wings?

"Who are you?" I asked the guy who was hovering above me and Nick who was now in the form of a wolf. Moose, John, and Annabelle were standing a few feet behind me; their jaws dropped, awestruck of the man with wings.

He smiled down at me, "I am Sky, angel of the Heavens and I refuse to let this corrupt magician transform your bodies into animals so he can sell you to the rich as pets." he said as he glowered to the man in the cape standing before us.

The man chuckled, "It's a shame to have been found out so early. I was hoping to make twenty bags of gold coins on this lot. Seven of those bags on the wolf alone."

I wondered how much a cat was worth being earlier he had said that's what he wanted to transform me into.

The magician smirked and as if he could read my thoughts answered, "A cat goes for half a bag of gold coins, maybe a full bag if the pockets are deep and the buyer is dumb."

I silently gasped. Who the hell is this guy? I am worth far more than just a half bag of gold coins!

I noticed Nick's wolfie body had gone ridged. His fur was standing up on end and he was growling.

'What is it, Nicky?' I questioned. I realized if I could hear his thoughts in my head, he could probably hear my thoughts that were directed at him.

'Keep an eye on him, Karri. He's up to something.' Nick said as he continued to growl.

I looked up at the magician and saw he was wiggling his creepy fingers again and had his sight set on me.

Oh God, I really don't want to become a damn cat for the rest of my life.

I watched as a blueish-purple tinted mist swirled around the magician before it shot out in my direction. I closed my eyes and flinched, not wanting to see what was going to happen to me.

'Karri, open your eyes. You have got to see this!' Nick said quietly.

I did as I was told and quickly realized I was still in my human form; I hadn't been changed into anything.

I looked up at Sky and noticed he was holding a giant staff with a crystal orb molded beautifully to the top. I glanced to where the magician had been to see he was no longer standing there now. I looked back up at Sky's staff and noticed the magician was trapped in the crystal orb.

What the hell? How'd he get in there?

Sky's wings flapped gracefully and he lowered himself to the ground, "Is everyone alright?" he questioned.

"Yes, we're fine." Moose said as John nodded his head.

"No we're not!" I said quickly and Sky's eyes snapped to me. I felt a blush creep up on my cheeks under his gaze before I continued, "Can you change him back?" I questioned as I pointed at Nick.

Sky sighed and shook his head, "I'm afraid I can't. Only a good magician will be able to break the spell."

I nodded, "Okay, and where do we find one of those?"

Sky rubbed the back of his neck before he swallowed deeply and replied, "I can take you to the nearby kingdom and to the palace and see if the king will be willing to let you use the gifts of his own personal magician. I can tell you kids are not from around here by the clothes you wear. He may take an interest in you and want to help you."

I nodded again, "Sounds like a plan. So where are we going and when do we leave?"

"We will travel to the kingdom of Omega and we should leave immediately because it's a quarter of a day's worth of travel." Sky said before he began to walk off in the direction he said the kingdom was.

I began to follow after him and Nick followed alongside me.

"Wait just a minute!" Annabelle shouted, causing the three of us to turn back to Moose, John, and Annabelle to see they were not following us like we thought they were. "Who the hell said we're going to follow you?!" she snapped at Sky.

"Are you seriously going to start an argument over this?" I questioned, "We have to find a good magician to change Nick back and Sky knows where we can find one so we're going to go with him. So just suck it up and let's get going."

I knew Nick was looking at me with a cocked head. It was the first time I ever took charge, and I'll be honest. . . .it felt gooooood.

Annabelle groaned, "Fine, we'll come with you."

And with that, the six of us began to travel to the kingdom of Omega.