All Eight Guardians

Left Right Left

Karri's POV

We had made it back to the palace and everyone shuffled their way into my suite...which was actually kind of awkward.

Nick and I were sitting on the bed closest to the window and Nick had his head in my lap. He looked exhausted and I felt bad for him. It was a horrible adventure he endured all because he had to go to the bathroom.

Moose was sitting on the bed in the center of the room. He seemed to have an imaginary rain cloud floating over his head and no one really wanted to get struck by lightning for asking him why he was so moody.

Annabelle and John were sitting together on the last bed, but not by choice it seemed. Every few seconds they glanced over at Moose to see if his mood had changed. Ahh, so that's why they were sitting together.

Roman and Knight were standing at near attention on either side of the door.

Lastly, Sky was pacing back and forth in the length of the suite. Everyone's eyes followed Sky as he practically glided across the floor. Every time he turned, he seemed to be moving faster, sweating more, and stared a deep hole into the floor as he walked.

I kept trying to get Sky's attention, but every time I started to say something he would turn and start walking in the opposite direction.

"Sky, I-"

Turn.

"Maybe you should-"

Turn.

"If you want-"

Turn.

God, this was getting annoying.

"Hey, would you-"

Again, he turned and ignored me.

Beside me Nick growled, probably annoyed with Sky as well, before he stood up on the bed and let out one single loud bark.

Everyone's head may have shot up and Sky may have jumped about a foot in the air...but it did make Sky stop pacing and look in my direction. "What the hell is your problem?!" he burst out.

Before Nick or I could do anything, Moose shot up to his feet and said, "We should be asking you the same question."

"What are you talking about?" Sky asked.

"Why are you pacing around all crazily?" I asked back.

"Why?!" Sky nearly snapped, "You almost got yourself killed and you're asking me why I'M pacing?!"

I shook my head, "I didn't almost get myself killed."

I glanced around the room and noticed we had an audience whether we wanted one or not. But choosing that I didn't actually want an audience while we talked this out I jumped off the bed, grabbed Sky's hand, and pulled him out into the hallway.

"What's got you all bent out of shape?" I asked as I let go of Sky's hand.

Sky sighed and looked down at the ground, "You got hurt today." he said quietly.

"But I'm fine." I assured him.

"That's not the point. I promised to protect you and then not even ten minutes later you got hurt."

I shook my head, "No, it's not your fault."

"How can you say that?" Sky asked, "If I hadn't of showed up when I did then that man would have killed you. Did you see the look in his eyes?! He was out for blood!"

"But you did come to my rescue. You flew down from the Heavens and you kicked that man in the face, knocking him out cold. The way I see it, you did protect me just as you said you would." I replied.

Sky leaned against the wall and crossed his arms, "How can you be so calm about this?" he asked.

I opened my mouth to reply when another palace guard ran up to us and interrupted me, "The King would like to see all of you in his throne room." he reported.

Sky pulled himself off the wall and uncrossed his arms, "We'll be right there." he replied.

I walked back to my suite where everyone looked up at me when I stepped in. "We have to go. The King is requesting our presence."

The group of us walked to the King's throne room. When we arrived the doors were opened immediately and we were ushered inside.

King Ode was sitting at his throne looking as bored as he did when we first met him. But as soon as his eyes landed on us his features brightened and he leapt off of his throne to meet us halfway.

"Fantastic! Good morning everyone! I hope you all got a lot of rest last night for today is the day you begin your journey to the Kingdom of Clover to find the Guardian Base the Earth Mage." King Ode said with a huge smile on his face.

"How far away is Clover?" Annabelle questioned.

"A day and a half if you decide to rest for the night, but only a day if you decide to go quickly and take no rest stops." King Ode replied.

"What does Base look like?" I asked.

King Ode let out a small sigh, "Unfortunately the map does not tell us what the Guardian looks like when they are revealed to us."

"Great." Moose groaned, "It will be like looking for a piece of hay in a needle stack."

Everyone turned to look at Moose, wondering why he would say the phrase backwards like that but he only shrugged his shoulders at us.

The Prince walked into the room and said, "Actually it won't be that difficult to find them."

Moose's anger flared slightly and he asked, "How will it not be difficult? We have to travel to a kingdom and search every man, woman, and child for this supposed Guardian. And not only that but we'll have to do it seven times!"

"The Guardians will all be male and they will be the same age as Sky and I." the Prince replied.

"How do you know that, Prince Zander?" I asked.

"Guardians only live with their Prince, but only one generation of Guardians can live at a time."

Moose groaned, "Alright, now I'm confused." and John nodded in agreement.

"Perhaps I should tell you the history of the land before you begin your journey." King Ode suggested.

"Is this going to take very long?" Moose questioned.

"Only if you continue to interrupt me." King Ode said.

King Ode then took a deep breath and began to explain. "Centuries ago the Kingdom of Omega was the only kingdom and it was about twenty-five times larger than it is today. Because the kingdom was so large there were a bunch of royal families as well. But there could only be one King; one head of the Kingdom. Many of the royal families wanted to be in line for King but it was a near unobtainable goal. So instead the royal families left the Kingdom of Omega and took many villagers along with them to build up their own kingdoms so they could become kings, queens, princes, and princesses. Soon new kingdoms like Oblivion and Clover sprouted up."

"I don't get what the Guardians have to do with this history lesson." Moose interrupted.

"What did I say about interruptions?" King Ode questioned before he continued, "The Guardians lived and died with the royal family of Omega, but when other kingdoms started popping up Guardians lived and died with that royal prince. For instance, while my son is alive there are only eight Guardians and they are loyal to him and him only. But when the next royal prince is born after Zander dies, no matter what kingdom he lives in, he will have Guardians alive with him. Unfortunately, because the kingdoms are spread out, the Guardians are spread out...So it is your job, as our prophecy states, to gather the Guardians for my son. I wish you luck on your travels." the Kind finished before he walked back to his throne and sat down.

"So is that it?" Moose questioned.

I rolled my eyes and turned to face Moose before I said, "Moose, you're such a dink! King Ode just explained to us the history of his Kingdom and that's what you have to say to him?"

"I didn't mean it like that. I was asking him if he was dismissing us." Moose said quietly.

"Well you've got a weird way of saying it." I muttered.

"Actually, I was dismissing you." King Ode spoke up, "Outside you will find a pack horse and a wagon to take with you on your journey. Your weapons are waiting for you outside. Don't forget them before you leave."

Everyone started to leave the King's throne room but King Ode called out to me, "Karri, would you stay for a moment?"
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay, so this chapter had a bit of explaining in it. I hope it all makes sense.

Comment please? I want to know what my readers are thinking!