All Eight Guardians

Charmed

Karri's POV

I stayed behind just like the King had asked but so did Nick and Sky. "Yes, your Majesty?" I questioned.

King Ode smiled wide and from behind him the two weapons I had my eye on were wheeled in behind him. "I'm very proud of your weapon choices, but they're both a little big, aren't they? Far too large to be carried together. Isn't that right, Sky?"

I turned to Sky and gave him a questioning look. Where was this going?

Sky nodded, "I suppose they could be a little much." he agreed.

"Why don't you use some of your angel magik and help her out?" King Ode suggested.

Sky nodded again, "I can do that."

"Do what?" I asked while Nick curiously tilted his head to the side.

King Ode handed Sky two ordinary silver chains.

Sky began to throw the chains around and behind his back a few times and finally high up into the air. When he caught the chains again I realized they both had charms on them in the shapes of the weapons.

I noticed the actual sized weapons had disappeared, but no one had come to collect them. "Wait, where'd they go?" I questioned.

Sky smiled and held up the necklaces, "They're right here. I shrank them for you." he said then he put the necklaces around my neck for me.

I looked at the charms hanging around my neck, "How do I unshrink them?" I questioned.

"Lift your hand in front of yourself and imagine holding the weapon." Sky replied.

"Then what?" I asked.

"The weapon should appear." Sky said.

"What if I want it miniaturized again?" I questioned.

"Just picture it in your head as a charm hanging around your neck."

I shrugged my shoulders, "Sounds easy enough." I began to go through the motions to summon the scythe, but King Ode interrupted me by clearing his throat. I stopped and looked up at him.

"You have plenty of time to practice later, but for right now you need to start heading to the Kingdom of Clover." King Ode instructed. He began to usher the three of us out of his throne room.

Sky and Nick walked out the door, but I stopped and turned to face King Ode, "What if he doesn't want to come back with us?" I questioned.

"Do or say whatever you have to, but don't force him. He has to come to the Kingdom of Omega on his own free will." King Ode replied.

I nodded, "I understand."

King Ode smiled, "Now go, you've got a Guardian to bring back."

"Yes, your Majesty." I replied before I walked outside to join the others.

As soon as I stepped outside I realized there was a pack horse attached to a wagon in the center of the courtyard. As I neared the horse I realized she was solid grey with white dots on her rear end and down her legs near her hooves; an appaloosa.

"What's her name?" I asked as I stood in front of her.

Knight walked up to me and answered, "Her name is Lillix. She's one of the King's favorites and fastest."

I smiled, "She's beautiful."

Lillix whinnied and nuzzled her head against me in a friendly way.

Knight chuckled, "She likes you."

Nick walked up to us and lightly growled, 'There's only enough room for one animal companion in this adventure.'

I answered Nick through my thoughts and told him to 'Be nice.'

'What?' Nick asked, 'It's true.'

'Lillix can't communicate like you can. You're one of a kind.' I assured Nick.

Nick let his tongue hang out, which I'm sure was his way of smiling from ear to ear before he said, 'You don't have to sugar coat it. I know I'm awesome.'

I rolled my eyes and muttered, "Smartass." out loud.

Knight looked at me, to Nick, and back again before he asked, "You're communicating with him, aren't you?"

I nodded, "Yup."

Knight sighed, "That's still something I'm going to have to get used to."

"Yeah. You and me both." I said as I smiled.

Annabelle walked up to us, "You better get your weapons. We're leaving in a few minutes." she said to me.

I glanced down and noticed Annabelle was wearing a brown leather belt with a katana strapped in on the left hip.

"I already have my weapons." I said.

"Where?" Annabelle questioned, "I don't see them."

I lifted up the buster sword charm and answered, "Right here."

Annabelle's eyes widened as soon as they landed on the charms, "Woah cool! I want one!"

Roman walked up behind Annabelle, "You don't get one." he said before he stowed a few sacks into the wagon.

"Why not?" Annabelle asked as she pouted.

"Because you aren't skilled enough to carry anything greater than a katana. Once you learn the basics of the sword we'll let you choose something else. But for now learn to use what you've got." Roman replied.

"How come Moose, John, and I have to learn our way up but Karri gets the weapons she wants served to her on a freakin' silver platter?!" Annabelle questioned.

"Because the King sees promise in her." Roman answered.

"Because the King sees promise in her." Annabelle mocked, "Then by all means! Strap her up with all the weapons she can carry!" she snapped.

John walked up to Annabelle and quietly said, "Chill out."

"Whatever." Annabelle groaned before she climbed up into the wagon.
♠ ♠ ♠
Something quick.... An angel's magik and a magician's magic are different classifications of magic which is why Sky can charm Karri's weapons but not change Nick into his human form.... I thought I should clear that up before someone questioned it and it's different spelling.

What did you think of this chapter? I wasn't going to add Karri's weapons as charms, but I realized I wanted her to use both and there is really no way to cart around a scythe and a buster sword all the time....

Shout out to
red writer
who commented on my last chapter!

Sorry it's been so long since my last chapter!