All Eight Guardians

Beggin'

Karri's POV

"I don't want to go to Omega." Base repeated.

"Why not?" I asked.

"I don't want to go somewhere where people won't accept me." Base said quietly.

I cocked my head to the side, "Didn't you say people here in Clover don't accept you?" I asked.

"Why don't you want to leave if you don't fit in?" Roman questioned.

"I may not fit in, but I know my way around. I know who to avoid and where I'm welcome. I don't want to go to a new kingdom where I'll have to start all over." Base explained.

"But you don't have to." I replied.

Base looked at me for a few seconds before he asked, "Huh?"

"If you come with us you'll be accepted. You won't have to worry about constantly looking over your shoulder or if people are whispering about you behind your back because you'll be with us." I said quietly.

"You sound like you know what you're talking about." Base said.

"I speak from experience. Before I met Nick I didn't fit in very well." I replied.

"Who's Nick?" Base asked, getting off the subject.

"The wolf." I replied, "Will you please come with us?" I asked, trying to guide him back to the topic of choice.

"What if I'm not with you when you search for another Guardian?" Base asked.

"Then you'll be at the palace where you'll be taken care of." Roman spoke up, "Sounds like a pretty sweet deal, right?"

"Can I get smokes in your kingdom?" Base asked.

Roman nodded, "As much as you want as often as you want."

Base took a deep breath, "I guess I can give it a shot."

I smiled from ear to ear and jumped up and down before I glomped Base in a huge hug. But our hug was cut short as Roman yanked us apart and I glared up at him. "What the hell was that for?!" I questioned.

"His hands were traveling!" Roman defended his actions.

I playfully rolled my eyes at him, "Get over it! If I get uncomfortable then I can shove him off."

"But there are unsavory people out there who will try to take advantage of you." Roman tried to reason.

"I don't think the Guardians are those kind of people." I said.

Base interrupted my and Roman's near argument and asked, "What happens now?"

"We sleep the few night hours we have left and get started in the morning." Roman answered.

"Sounds good to me." I said as I smiled.

Everyone began to get into bed, but Base stayed standing next to the door. After a moment he asked, "So...where do I sleep?"

X-X-X-X-X-X-X-X-X-X-X-X-X-X-X-X-X-X

The next morning everyone gathered in one of the hotel rooms so we could talk in private.

When Moose found out I found the Guardian on my own and by myself he freaked out.

"I'm obviously fine!" I shouted at Moose after he had already given me the third degree, "I mean, I'm here aren't I?"

"He could have taken you hostage and we could have never known because you went off by yourself." Moose said.

Base shook his head, "I never would have done that."

"But you could have done it." Moose said, "And if you wouldn't someone else would have."

"The people of Clover aren't like that." Base said.

"Maybe you haven't noticed but we're in a hotel where people who are not from Clover stay. That means you don't know what their morals are and you don't know what they're going to do." Moose nearly yelled.

"Oh yeah. Is that a statement from experience? Care to share?" Base asked somewhat rudely.

Moose growled and changed the subject, "Shouldn't you be packing? We have to leave for Omega as soon as possible."

"You don't need to worry about it. There's plenty of time still." Base replied.

"No, he's right." Knight interrupted, "I'll escort you to get what you need."

Base shrugged, "Alright, let's go then."

Annabelle jumped up and shouted, "I wanna come too!" and ran out the door after Knight and Base.

X-X-X-X-X-X-X-X-X-X-X-X-X-X-X-X-X-X

A few hours after Knight, Base, and Annabelle left, the rest of us were all still waiting for their return in the same hotel room. Everyone was awake and bored... Well, except for Nick. He was sound asleep. He was even asleep when everybody met Base so he didn't know I found him yet.

I heard someone yawn and looked all around the room to see who it was before I realized Nick had finally woke up.

"Ooh hey Nicky, you slept like a log last night." I said as I smiled.

'What happened while I was out?' Nick asked as he stretched.

I smiled brighter and said, "I found the Guardian last night."

Nick cocked his head to the side, 'Really? You found him?' he questioned.

I flopped down on the bed next to him and whined, "Why won't anyone believe me?"

Moose chucked before he walked up to the bed and sat down on it too, " He doesn't believe you either, huh?" he asked.

"No." I said quietly just before I yawned and leaned my head against the headboard.

'You tired?' Nick asked.

I nodded, 'Yeah. I spent most of the night talking with the Guardian and convincing Roman he was the Guardian.'

Nick shook his head, "I still don't believe you."

"But it's true!" I shouted.

'Isn't!' Nick chimed.

I groaned and thumped my head against the headboard, causing Moose to chuckle at me.
♠ ♠ ♠
It took me three tries to get this chapter right.

Comment. Subscribe. Rec. Make my day! xD