All Eight Guardians

Back In Omega

Karri's POV

The group of us shuffled through the gates of Omega around mid-day and we were tired as hell. We decided not to stop and push on all through the night to Omega.

When we entered the Kingdom some of the guards recognized Roman and Knight and one of them questioned, "Roman, Knight, you're back already? Did something go wrong?"

"Nope." Roman replied.

"Then why have you returned so early?" another guard asked.

Roman smiled, "We found the guy."

The guards smiled and one said, "Congratulations on your find, Roman."

I stepped forward, "Actually, I found the Guardian."

One of the guards started to say something, but Knight interrupted saying, "We should get to the palace. I'm sure the King would like to see us."

A guard nodded, "Right, of course." he said and began to lead the way to the palace.

Knight fell into step with me right as I let out a wicked long yawn. "I can't believe you walked here the whole way from Clover." he said.

"Why not?" I asked.

"Because you've had the least amount of rest out of all of us since we left for Clover. I would have thought you would have slept at least a couple of hours in the wagon or something."

I shook my head, "That wouldn't have been fair to the others."

"I'm sure the others wouldn't have minded...well, most of us wouldn't have minded." Knight said.

"Be that as it may, it wouldn't have felt right to me." I said.

Knight smiled, "You really care about your friends, huh?"

"Nick is my friend, and yes, I really do care about him." I replied.

"What about the others?" Knight asked, "They're not your friends?"

"Well they haven't been before we all dropped through the portal. But it seems more and more like we've been getting along since then. Although that could be because we're all from the same place and they have no one else to talk to who knows what they're going through. Overall, I just sort of feel responsible for their safety while we're all here." I explained.

Knight sighed, "You're not supposed to protect them while we're protecting you... You don't have to protect your friends. Along with protecting you, Roman, myself, Sky, Base, and the other Guardians as soon as we find them will protect your friends as well."

I raised an eyebrow, "I thought the Guardians' job is to protect the Prince."

Knight nodded, "It is, but it is also to protect you and your friends."

"How did we get on this topic again?" I asked, feeling a little awkward about the whole conversation.

"I mentioned how tired you looked." replied Knight.

I nodded and smiled a bit, "Oh right."

"Y'know, when we arrive to the palace you can go straight to your room and rest."

Again, I raised an eyebrow, "So that beautiful room is mine now?"

"Well, in a way yes. The entire wing is known as the Guardian Prophecy wing."

"How long have you guys been waiting for this prophecy?" I asked.

"Uhhh...About 113 years." he said.

"So you've been waiting for us for a long time, huh?" I questioned.

"Since before my parents were even born." Knight said thoughtfully.

We arrived to the palace and were instantly ushered into the throne room where King Ode sprung out of his throne as soon as he saw us.

"You're back so early! You have made me proud that I have put all my faith in you!" King Ode said happily.

I stepped forward, "King Ode, I'd like you to meet Base, the earth mage."

Base gave King Ode a cautious wave, but King Ode walked up to Base and wrapped him up in a gigantic hug.

"I am so glad you have decided to join us here in Omega!" King Ode said as he smiled.

"Well, you have a very persistent recruiting committee." Base said as he glanced back at me and the others.

King Ode glanced at us and smiled wider, "Thank you so much everyone for finding him." He turned back to Base and asked, "Would you like to relax in one of my suites?"

Base shook his head, "No, that's alright. I'd just like to stay with the others for now."

"Sure, sure." King Ode replied, "If you need anything just ask one of the palace guards or workers and they will get it for you."

"Actually, I'd like a couple packs of smokes..." Base trailed off.

I cleared my throat, "King Ode, has your magician returned to change Nick back?"

King Ode shook his head, "I'm terribly sorry Karri, but he hasn't returned yet."

I glanced back at Nick to see him slightly smile at me even though he was still trapped in his wolf form, 'It's alright Karri. I think I've finally gotten used to this thing. It'd be a shame to change back so quickly.'

"Are you sure you're okay with it?" I asked out loud.

Nick nodded and replied, 'It's fine.'

King Ode smiled as he jumped to a new subject, "Right before you returned the next Guardian appeared on the map!"

"Who are we looking for and where are we going now?" Moose asked gruffly.

"You are now looking for Rain in the Kingdom of Peace." King Ode answered.

"How far away is the Kingdom of Peace?" I questioned.

"It's practically next door to Clover." Base informed.

"What?! But we were just there!" Annabelle whined.

As much as I hated to agree, it was true. If we came back here every time to find out who the new Guardian was only to go back the way we came I would feel like we were going in giant circles. "King Ode, you wouldn't happen to have some kind og devise or magic item we can use to contact each other instead of traveling back to Omega every time to find out who the next Guardian is, would you?" I asked.

King Ode looked confused at my question, but then he smiled as he seemed to think of something, "Perhaps I should introduce you to my royal inventor."

"You have a royal inventor?" I questioned.

"Yes, I do. Come with me and I'll introduce you." the King said as he nodded. He glanced past me at the others and told them, "Please, go rest. I'm sure after your long journey you could really use it."

Annabelle threw her arms up in the air and loudly moaned, "Thank you! I am sooo tired!"

Moose laughed, "I don't know how that's possible. You were in the wagon half of the trip back."

Annabelle gasped, "I did not spend half of the trip in the wagon!"

Moose nodded, "You're right... You spent most of the trip in the wagon. I'm actually kind of surprised you fit in there what with all of Base's junk packed in."

"Hey! It's not junk!" Base defended.

Moose groaned, "I know it's not junk! I was trying to make a point!" he said through almost gritted teeth.

"Oh. Well then go ahead and make it." Base said as he smiled.

"But I already made the-... Nevermind." Moose said quietly.

King Ode gained my attention back and said, "If you would please come with me..." and led the way out of the throne room.

He led me through a short hallway, down six steps, and into a big wide open room.

On one side of the room was a tall, young guy with his back to us. He seemed to be working hard on something.

"Sykes! There's someone I'd like you to meet!" King Ode called.

The guy, apparently names Sykes, turned around and smiled. "Is this one of those Prophecy Kids?" he asked.

King Ode nodded, "Sykes, this is Karri. Karri, this is my inventor Sykes." he introduced.

I couldn't help but look at Sykes with my jaw dropped. He was far too young to be an inventor.

Sykes smiled at me, "I know what you're thinking. You're thinking I'm too young to be an inventor."

I just nodded.

King Ode smiled and answered for Sykes, "He's brilliant."

"Thank you, King Ode." Sykes said happily. He turned to me and smiled brightly, "Oh, let me show you my latest project!"

Sykes picked up something that kind of looked like the first version of a light bulb. "I call this an Orb of Bright. Doesn't it look fascinating? Soon it will replace candles and gas lamps and everyone will want one."

I smiled and said, "That's very cool." even though I was already familiar with the technology.

I took a look around the rest of the invention lab and spotted the first models or a bicycle, a crank-belt ceiling fan, and a camera.

While I was browsing, King Ode told Sykes, "The reason that we're here is because Karri was asking for a sort of long-distance communication devise. Would you happen to have anything like that?"

Sykes smiled, "The magician left behind something that might be just what you need." He walked over to a stone bookshelf that had been carved into the wall and reached for something on the top shelf. He pulled down two shrunken and color dyed skulls. One was neon yellow with green hair pulled back into a ponytail on the top while the other was neon blue with purple hair in a ponytail.

"A shrunken head?" I questioned.

"No, headphones." Sykes replied.

I tilted my head to one side and asked, "What?"

"Talk into the ear." Sykes said as his smile grew.

I was confused, but I still picked up the yellow shrunken head and asked, "Hello?" into the ear.

The blue shrunken head lips moved in Sykes' hand and asked, "Hello?"

I smiled brightly, "Wow, that's really cool! What's the range on these things?"

"I think they'll work pretty much anywhere." Sykes answered.

"I want the blue one!" King Ode shouted as he snatched the other shrunken head from Sykes.
♠ ♠ ♠
I have to admit, I did not come up with the shrunken headphones on my own. They are an idea from the movie Halloweentown 2: Kalabar's revenge. I can't get the link to the image cuz my computer is being stupid, but if you go to google and image search Halloweentown 2 headphones it will show you the blue and red shrunken heads they used for the movie and that will give you an idea of what they kind of look like.

A new character has been introduced in the chapter! Check out the character list to see what Sykes looks like!

Comment, Subscribe, Reccomend, please!