All Eight Guardians

Sprites

Third Person's P.O.V.

Somewhere in the middle of the forest Roman, Moose, and Annabelle had been running since they first entered the treeline.

Panting for air, Annabelle stopped running and shouted, "Stop! Stop already! They quit chasing us a while ago!"

Roman paused and called back to Annabelle, "We have to catch up to the others or else we'll lose them!"

Moose groaned, "I told you already! We got seperated from them when we entered at different parts of the forest!"

Roman growled, "I have to find them!"

"Why?" Moose questioned, "Why are you so hell-bent to find them?!"

"I have to protect her." Roman replied lowly.

"Her?!" Annabelle shrieked, "What's so special about her?! We came out of the same vortex she did! What about us?! You're supposed to be protecting us too!"

Roman stepped up to Annabelle, grabbed her by the shoulder, and shook her roughly, "Would you shut up?!" he snapped.

"Hey get off of her!" Moose shouted as he yanked Roman off of Annabelle. He stepped in between the two of them, facing Roman, and asked, "What the hell is your problem?!"

Roman had his eyes focused on the forest's canopy and said, "Keep your voices down. We're not alone."

Annabelle looked up as well and said, "Maybe it's Sky."

"No. This is something else." Roman said quietly.

"Then what the hell is up there?" Moose asked as he looked up with a squint.

"Have you ever heard of Sprites?" Roman questioned.

"You mean like the soda?" Annabelle asked back.

Roman took his eyes off the canopy, looked at Annabelle, and asked, "What's a soda?"

Annabelle shook her head and said, "Nevermind."

"A Sprite... You mean like a fairy?" Moose asked.

Roman nodded, "Yes, I suppose that is another name for them."

"What about them?" Moose asked.

"They're watching us." Roman said as he returned his eyes to the canopy.

"So what do we do?" Annabelle asked.

"No sudden movements and stay as calm as possible. They're only curious as to why we're here and they'll only attack if they think we're a threat." Roman explained.

Moose chuckled, "They're just a bunch of fairies. I mean, what can they really do?"

"You'd be surprised." Roman said quietly.

A small purple orb appeared at the top of the canopy and slowly fluttered down and stopped just above the trio's heads. Now that the orb was closer they could tell the glow was coming from a pair of purple tinted wings that were beating almost as fast as a hummingbird's. The Sprite herself was eight inches tall, had lavender braided shoulder length hair, dark purple eues, and matching pastel purple mini skirt and tube top. Her feet were bare and even her skin had a light purple tint to it.

Annabelle raised an eyebrow, "What's with all the purple?" she asked.

"Sprites appear in many different colors including purple, green, red, yellow, blue, orange, white, and grey. Although white and grey Sprites are really rare." Roman explained.

The purple Sprite made an 'Ooohh.' sound before she started to hovor right above Moose's head.

"What is she doing?" Moose asked as he nearly crossed his eyes to look up at the Sprite.

"Don't move." Roman said quietly.

The little Sprite suddenly had a mischievious grin on her face and laughed, 'Hee hee hee hee!' before she started to pull Moose's hair.

Moose gritted his teeth and muttered, "Make it stop." as his fist began to slightly ball and twitch.

"Don't swat her." Roman muttered.

"Then what the hell am I supposed to do?" Moose questioned.

"Just let her finish. When she's done being curious of us she'll leave and we can keep going." Roman replied.

Moose sighed and said, "This sucks." while the Sprite continued to pull on his hair.

"Really? Because I'm enjoying it." Annabelle said as she smirked.

"Shut up." Moose muttered.

The Sprite finished pulling on Moose's hair and flew down so she could look him right in the face.

"What is she doing now?" Moose muttered.

Roman shook his head, "I'm not sure."

The Sprite giggled before she asked, "What are you doing in my forest?"

"It talks?!" Moose asked skeptically.

Roman shrugged his shoulders, "I guess so."

The Sprite made a 'Humf' sound and crossed her arms, "I'm not an it!"

Annabelle took matters into her own hands and stepped up to the Sprite, "I'm really sorry about them. They're just dumb boys." she apologized.

Roman and Moose's heads snapped in Annabelle's direction and they both chorused, "Hey!"

The Sprite smiled and flew over to Annabelle, "Haha haha! You're funny!"

Annabelle smiled, "Thanks."

"Will YOU tell me why you're in my forest?" the Sprite asked Annabelle.

"We're looking for a way out actually." Annabelle replied.

"But why did you enter? This forest can be a very dangerous place, y'know?" the Sprite asked.

Annabelle nodded, "Yes, we're aware. We were chased in by bad men and seperated from our friends."

"Well, I don't know about your friends, but we can show you the way out." the Sprite said happily.

Annabelle smiled, "That would be great."

"Kaykay, be right back!" the little Sprite said before she flew back up to the canopy and disappeared in the treetops.

Roman and Moose stared at Annabelle with WTF expressions.

Not being able to take the stares anymore, Annabelle asked, "What?!"

"Where the hell did that come from?!" Moose asked back.

Annabelle rolled her eyes, "I'm still a girl."

"Well yeah, but you were acting...nice." Moose trailed off.

"So?" Annabelle question ed.

"...It was weird." Moose said quietly.

Annabelle smirked, "Sometimes ya have to act differently to get what you want."

Moose raised an eyebrow, "You've done that before?"

"I did just say 'sometimes,' didn't I?" Annabelle questioned.

"But why would you willingly act all girly like that?" Moose asked.

Annabelle shrugged, "It gets my parents off my back."

Moose nodded his head and started to say, "Oh yea-" but inturrupted himself and asked, "Wait, what?" instead.

"My parents don't like who I am. So when I'm at home or around them I act all girly. They like me when I'm girly and don't question how I look, who I listen to, or what my room looks like." Annabelle said quietly.

"Wait a minute... I've seen your ipod. You listen to bands like Linkin Park, Black Veil Brides, Skillrex, My Chemical Romance, and Vampires Everywhere. How can they think you're girly when you listen to music like that?!" Moose questioned.

Annabelle shrugged again, "I told them I had to listen to those bands and wear what I do to become popular. They seemed to accept it. Dad even told me some story about when he was in highschool he had to join the football tean in order to fit in and he HATES playing football."

"Okay, it's offical." Moose said quietly.

"What is?" Annabelle asked.

"Your parents are twisted." Moose replied.

Annabelle nodded, "Yeah, I know."

Both Moose and Annabelle were quiet for a moment, running out of things to say about a topic that had gotten uncomfortable when Roman spoke up, "Wait a second, what's a skillrex?"

Annabelle and Moose looked at each other before they burst out laughing.

Moose stopped laughing and asked, "Out of our entire conversation, that's what you decide to question?"

Roman shrugged, "Yeah, I guess so."

The little purple Sprite flew back down to Roman, Annabelle, and Moose and smiled a big, wide smile. "My friends and I have decided to help you find your way out of the forest." she said happily.

"Friends?" Annabelle questioned skeptically, not seeing any other Sprites.

Five other orbs appeared from the treetops in the colors green, red, yellow, blue, and orange. When they got closer to the ground, their Sprite features became more defined.

The purple Sprite nodded and repeated, "Friends."

The red Sprite flew up to Annabelle and said, "Your hair is really long." before she gave Annabelle's hair one big, painful yank.

Annabelle glared at the red Sprite and darkly muttered, "Oww."

The purple Sprite crossed her arms and told the red Sprite, "That wasn't very nice."

The red Sprite shrugged, "It looked like fun."

Purple frowned, "You should apologize."

Red groaned and rolled her eyes, "Fine. I'm sorry you long hair looks so weird."

Annabelle smirked, "That's alright. Your pixie cut looks funny too."

The red Sprite's jaw dropped, not expecting the retaliating insult.

"What's a pixie cut?" the blue Sprite questioned, "It sounds kind of scary."

"It's just a hairstyle." Annabelle replied.

"Oh! I want a pixie cut!" the yellow Sprite said happily.

"You already have one." Annabelle muttered.

Roman stepped forward and inturrupted the girls' conversation, "Wait a minute, we're getting off topic here. Weren't you going to show us the way out of the forest?" he questioned.

The purple Sprite smiled, "Oh yes, that's right! This way!"